Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Dating

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
lyndon

Manitoba, Canada

Re:

Quote:
I ran across this article and thought it was awesome. A Christian Testimony of Dating and Marriage

I second that opinion, a few minor points that I didn't quite agree with, but overall an awesome testimony of trusting God to bring to people together.

2005/9/20 0:07Profile
Gery

Re: Dating

Dear Brethren,

Can you trust God with your soul's salvation, but not with showing you your husband/wife? Do any of you believe that God can lead you to the right person? Why must you test and try and evaluate? Is not God able? Or have you not yet allowed Him so far into your life?

In Him,
Gery

2005/9/21 18:44Profile

Re:

Quote:
Can you trust God with your soul's salvation, but not with showing you your husband/wife? Do any of you believe that God can lead you to the right person? Why must you test and try and evaluate? Is not God able? Or have you not yet allowed Him so far into your life?

I personally believe that God leads you to the person that He knows would be most suitable for you. That is not to say that there is only one person for each of us. I think God gives us a choice providing that you choose someone who you know loves God and is definately grounded and going in the right direction. I believe that dating is OK unless you know for sure that you are not going to marry the person and I think you have to be pretty serious about someone before you start dating them but I don't know how you find out if someone is right for you unless you get to know them properly by dating. I also think that if you stuff things up with someone who might have been a very good match for you then you haven't missed your chance and that God can find you someone else who might be equally suitable. I think Ron said something in another post some time ago about a clay pot going wrong in the making and God chucks it away and starts again with a totally new thing and that if things in your life mess up then God starts again and makes something new and He can do that with relationships in your life. I just think that God lets you chose as long as you respect His boundaries. Anyway I am going off on a tangent now. I might be totally off the wall theologically or whatever and sorry Ron if I quoted you wrong as I don't remember. I don't really know for definite but that is how I think about the whole dating/marrying/is there one perfect partner thing. So yes, in short, I believe that God does lead you to your partner when you trust Him and put yourself in His hands but I am not sure that there is only ever one possibility of partner for each of us and that you need to perhaps date to find out if they are the one that God wants you to marry.

Liz :-)

2005/9/23 7:55
followinghim

Re:

how are single yet in a courtship?

2006/2/22 7:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy