SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who are the Prophets?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Art Katz is a new testament prophet with hundreds of sermons available on this website. I'm surprised at the glaring absence of this mans prophetic ministry which seems to be avoided for some reason. Why this post when Art Katz stands so tall among the seasoned ministers on this website?
I consider him to be a prophet. He considered others to be prophets ( he should know).

Is there a litmus test for this and I didn't get the memo?

2017/10/5 18:42Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: You said you don't go to church. Can you explain more about that?

I don't attend a church now because of the control. What I mean is "Pastors" controlling the people; I saw some of people being utterly destroyed - God hates it..

Quote: What is your personal thinking regarding you being told that you are a prophet or are going to be a prophet?

I am being being prepared for my calling.

Quote: Would you say you would be the first NT prophet or are their others as well?

As long as Christ remains in heaven; he will continue to give us gifts and those gifts includes prophets.

We don’t find true prophets within the false church; the false church would and does shun true prophets; the reason is because true prophets would bring a revelation of God’s displeasure and the false church isn't open to that.

2017/10/9 16:29Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Collin:
I'd like to ask a few questions?
Before I ask, let me clear up any reservations you might have about me.
1. I believe in the perpetuity of the office of the prophet in the New Testament.
2. I believe we see N.T prophets in a variety of administrations and a variety of scope.
3. I am not herein questioning your calling or luring you into debate for attack.

Question 1. How do you distinguish the prophetic calling in the New Testament from the Old? If you have an example, I'd love to hear it.
Question 2. Who do you consider has/is carrying a prophetic mantel ( dead or alive) and what do you look for as key markers of prophetic calling (distinguished from a prophetic gift)?
Question 3. On this website there is a consensus that prophets are "needed in the Church but not wanted by reason of their confrontations with sin in the camp" How would you rank such a characteristic and what would you put before it or after it?
Question 4. What do you experience as a root cause for prophetic acceptance in a congregation...and conversely a root cause for rejection?
Thanks for any responses you give. Please ( God willing) speak freely, no brevity needed here.

2017/10/9 19:11Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: How do you distinguish the prophetic calling in the New Testament from the Old? If you have an example, I'd love to hear it.

I don't - prophecy in the New Testament is the same as prophecy in the Old Testa-ment; it is a continuation of the same office and function.

Question 2. Who do you consider has/is carrying a prophetic mantel ( dead or alive) and what do you look for as key markers of prophetic calling.

I am not going to answer the first part of the question only te second past what to look for. Jesus was considered a prophet by many in his day, but more importantly Jesus referred to himself as a prophet. Matt 13:57 and Luke
13:33 - the early Christians rightly took the prophecy of
Moses Deuteronomy 18: 15,18 and applied it to Christ.

In the Gospels at least four elements make up the the work of a prophet.

One - Prophecy foretells the future.

The second - The prophet not only foretells, but forth-tel. He speaks for God.

The third seems to be the possession of supernatural knowledge John 4:19

A fourth is the power to perform miracles and wonders Luke 7:16 They were all filled with awe and praised God. “A great prophet has appeared among us,” they said. “God has come to help his people.”

Question 3. On this website there is a consensus that prophets are "needed in the Church but not wanted by reason of their confrontations with sin in the camp" How would you rank such a characteristic and what would you put before it or after it?

Question 4. What do you experience as a root cause for prophetic acceptance in a congregation...and conversely a root cause for rejection?

For I am the Lord, I do not change - God doesn't change therefore His voice doesn't change. Unfortunately the church has done in this modern age: we have changed God to fit what our own corrupt hearts. When a true prophetic witness from the Lord comes we don’t want to hear it.

Christ is a revelation of who God has always been, regardless of testament, covenant, times or seasons. But only those who turn to Him in faith will experience the grace of God demonstrated through Christ.

2017/10/11 18:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy