SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God requires faith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

God requires faith

He that believes will be saved. Man has nothing, absolutely nothing, by which on his part he can be in a position to contribute something to the attainment of salvation. On the other hand, the Lord will do nothing but rule and reign over a willing people. Man is not a stone, he must play his own part. It is faith that solves the difficult dilemma that man who can do nothing, yet should do something. God requires Faith. Faith which is manifested in the acknowledgment of poverty and misery, in the confession of inability and helplessness, in consent, submission, and surrender to that grace and love of God which is to be everything in us. God could not require anything more nor can He require anything less, for He must take in account His own honor and the freedom of man. God requires faith and faith alone. What grace it is that allows us to submit to His gracious love, kindness and salvation that he so richly and freely offers. He that believes will be saved.

2005/6/20 10:59
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: God requires faith

“Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace;” (Rom. 4:16a, KJVS)

“By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” (Rom. 5:2, KJVS)

“Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;” (Rom. 12:6, KJVS)

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” (Eph. 2:8, KJVS)

You are right, we don't need to reconcile grace and faith; they are already in perfect harmony.

2005/6/20 11:07Profile

faith is simple trust and surrender

"First they gave their own selves to the Lord." 2 Cor. 8:5.

In the word of His promise, through the gracious working of His Spirit, the Lord gives Himself to us. It is through faith we receive Him, and we know that He is ours. This faith, as the outgoing of the soul to Jesus to meet Him, is at the same time a surrender to Him. We can never receive Christ as our Savior without at the same time surrendering ourselves to Him, to be sealed and filled with His salvation. By faith we know that the Lord is ours, because His word tells us that He gives Himself to us. Faith also knows that He receives us as His own, because His word assures us of that.

Faith has two sides, the believing reception of the Lord Jesus with all that He gives, and the believing surrender of the soul with all that it has to the Lord. The one cannot be without the other. I take Jesus as my King to rule over me, as a Savior to free me from sin; He cannot perform His work in me, if I do not surrender myself to Him. Confidence in Jesus is therefore at the same time a committal of one's self to Him.

Do you see here the simplicity of faith? If you wish to know what you have to do, the answer is, Give yourself to the Lord Jesus, now!

2005/6/20 12:09

Re: faith is simple trust and surrender

Jesus laid down His life for us. We must lay down our life for Him. Faith has that kind of confidence in God Who is love. The object of our faith must always be the finished work of the shed blood on calvary. Without that shed blood, nothing else is possible. Without this faith, it is impossible to please our Holy God.
If we have been crucified with Christ, then we shall also reign with Him. Glory to God.

In Him,

Lahry

2005/6/20 17:43

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy