SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Sermons | Live

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The sheer joy of finding saints along the way!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
appolus

The sheer joy of finding saints along the way!

After 27 years in the States I believe I have encountered most sects of Christendom It has been was very depressing to meet people so sold out to a doctrine, so lacking in love for Jesus Himself and so obsessed with portions of Scripture that are so often taken out of context as to make no sense on any level and on these differences they build divisions. Our grand obsession should be Jesus.

No matter where you go, if you find people whose grand obsession is Jesus you wont go far wrong. I want to meet people who love Jesus with all their hearts and souls and minds and body. I want to meet my brothers and sisters from every background, from ever tribe and from every tongue and from every nation. I want to walk along the pilgrim way a while with my fellow sojourners. It refreshes me and revives me and lifts me up.

We shall be known, it is written, by our love for one another. Give me a man or a women who has no agenda to push, no ministry to laud, no kingdom of his or her own to build, but simply loves Jesus with such a burning passion that all they want to do is talk about Him and what He has done for them, how He has changed them and transformed them, how he has filled them and fulfilled them. How He has completed them. How they would certainly die without Him, how they would have lost their minds without Him. How He lifted them from the gutters and made them to fly in heavenly places.

That is the folks I want to meet. New creatures in Christ. Next door down here at the lake the folks have an 18 month old baby and this morning he was in the canoe with them. He was looking around in wonder at the sky and the water and the trees and the hawks flying overhead. With wonder and awe he was taking it all in. It reminded me of my own new birth. The wonder of it all. To look at the world through virginal eyes, to see everything through the light of God. Behold, all things were new in the light of Him in the glory and the simplicity of loving Him. Lord, I want to ever walk in the glory and the simplicity of knowing you and wanting more of you and loving you and loving your creation and loving everything that you love..........bro Frank

2017/9/12 14:39Profile
rbanks

Re: The sheer joy of finding saints along the way!

Amen brother Frank!

John 13:34-35
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Blessings...rbanks

2017/9/12 14:54Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

brother Frank,

This is the heart of the Church and purpose of our being here on earth. I read this quote and shared it in the great quotes section and its worth sharing here also:

The biggest crisis in the average church today is lack of knowing the living God. Not many know God because they don’t spend time in prayer getting to know Him, and actually listening for His voice. We will never know Him or His ways until we get away from all the noise and seek Him. “The most significant thing in life is to seek God and know Him.” –K.P. Yohannan.

2017/9/12 16:09Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Amen, Brother Jeremy, and his wonderful family came up, and spent a night with us last weekend. It was such a blessing and so refreshing to sit on our porch and just talk about our Lord and His ways. To be open with each other and stand in awe of our Lord and His ways.

Love and Unity within Christ's body strengthens each of us in Christ more then words can explain.

2017/9/12 16:58Profile
appolus

Re:

Great quote bro, I so concur. There is so much noise in the average persons life, noise and activity and business. Yet, at the beating heart of who we are, is Jesus, the lover of our souls. I dearly wish that a great hush would fall over the church. That all the noise would simply be replaced by a holy quietness. The musicians would put down their instruments, the talkers would stop talking and there we would remain until the Lord came upon us. The cry of our hearts should be audible in the congregation. The longing seeking heart should replace the noisy professionals. Just one cry, crying out the name of Jesus with all the longing of a desperate heart would surely bring heaven down to earth. Rain would fall on a dry and dusty land. Our hands would be open to heaven like a chick's open mouth in anticipation of being fed. Oh God in heaven come down. We are dying here without your burning love consuming us. We were reborn to be passionate, we were reborn to be lovers, we were reborn with a zeal for you that knows no bounds. We were reborn in your image Lord and we are designed to praise you. Oh that we would have eyes only for you. That we would put aside everything that vies for our attention and love you and come to you and be moved by you and anointed by you and inspired by you and revived by you and refreshed by you and forgiven by you. That we would know the heights of heaven and take some of that glory down into the valley of this world. Lord help me this day to come to you with an open heart so that I may stand with you under an open heaven................bro Frank

2017/9/12 17:11Profile
MrBillPro

Houston,Texas

Re:

What a refreshing thread, thank you all.

2017/9/12 17:46Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

I don't seem to miss many debates or skirmishes over one thing or another, but this one thing I don't want to miss ever and that is to praise God together with my brothers. Bro Frank of all the things I've read lately that prayer is my own hearts cry. As I read it I sense the presence of God while I sit here at work on lunch break. Praise the Lord for such a wonderful anointing he placed upon the praise and adoration from one of his sons.

2017/9/12 18:47Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Indeed, as I shared here recently, this issue has hit home for me as I’ve bounced around from church to church on account of non-essential/non-salvific “pet” doctrines used by the enemy to divide and conquer Christians and churches. And as I shared in that thread, I believe the Lord has allowed me to experience this in order to smooth out certain rough edges in me in terms of having a hyper critical, divisive spirit. Sadly, I can see clearer now that there are so many multitudes of believers who are trapped in that type of bondage as they hone in on and emphasize their particular “pet” doctrines. May the Lord continue to deliver his people from this type of bondage. The essentials must never be compromised but may we have wisdom from God by His Spirit through His Word to know what is and isn’t essential to our faith in Christ.

2017/9/12 18:55Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
Our grand obsession should be Jesus.

Amen, it's all about Him! What a pleasure to find people who just want Jesus.

The current featured sermon on this website from Paul Washer is another excellent reminder of this truth, check it out.

In Christ,

2017/9/12 20:12Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Frank: You have expressed my heart brother. Thank you for the encouragement. AMEN!

2017/9/13 8:16Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy