SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : He Protects and Preserves You Till Your Work is Done

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

He Protects and Preserves You Till Your Work is Done

In Acts 23:11-35 we read about a plot among more than 40 Jews to kill Paul when he was arrested at the Temple in Jerusalem. We’re told there that those Jews had bound themselves under oath that they would not eat or drink anything till they killed Paul. They had planned to kill him the following day after making that oath while Paul was brought to the council for further inquiry of him. But the chief Roman commander found out about their plot and sought to protect Paul and had Paul sent to Felix the governor instead.

We’re told that the commander prepared two hundred soldiers, seventy horsemen, and two hundred spearmen (a total of 470 soldiers) to accompany Paul as he was brought to Felix. God had promised Paul that his time was not up and that he'd testify of Him in Rome (Acts 23:11).

It’s as if God said, “Okay, you guys want to kill Paul? Let’s see how you do with my 470 soldiers.” It reminded me of the truth that our time on this earth is not over till God says it’s over, and we can rest in that. Our life is entirely in His hands and we can trust Him 100%. As George Whitefield once said, “We are immortal till our work is done.”

“Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.”-Psalm 138:7

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.”-Psalm 28:7

2017/9/8 11:10Profile
docs

Re: He Protects and Preserves You Till Your Work is Done

Amen!

2017/9/8 13:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy