Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Contemporary Christian Music

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Contemporary Christian Music

I just read a pastor's blog about a christian radio, and I checked on Youtube the radio he mentioned. I felt sick looking at the so called christian music. The singers are just using God to be famous and earn money out of it. The contents of music videos of singers are extravagant that can be compare to a secural music, no simplicity, no reverence for God, and their music lyrics are
"far from Biblical"...

2017/9/4 15:45
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Contemporary Christian Music

I agree- it is simply a sub-genre of pop music.

2017/9/4 17:39Profile
savannah

You are experiencing 'christianity american style'.

No worry...it will go away soon!

2017/9/4 20:05Profile
staff

Hi Emestiu,
I have commented on Christian Music before along these lines.
Their are two types of Christian music A:Worship Music made to worship God and B:Christian Music made for the world both have their place.

1:Contemporary Christian Music has an identity Crisis
It is caught between two stools ,it is neither good for the Church(it doesnt worship God) or good for the world(it isnt good enough for the world to take notice).
2:The standard is very poor,it may be produced well but the actual musical content is poor whether or not the lyrics are biblical.
3:Why is it poor?It cant compete with worldly music because the world has more singers,producers and songwriters.
Most of it is just what I call filler.Made for a deadline which takes away its quality.Which plays into Emestiu's point that if the purpuse of the excercise is to be famous and earn money then you will have tight deadlines and then you will have filler.
4 Remedy:We have one overwhelming advantage when it comes to making music namely The Holy Spirit.We need him to guide us in our work in creating music,we are not doing this in the main.
5:It is a good thing if the Christian song is Catchy and Beautiful,in fact its nessacary.Compare Christian Poetry and Christian Music for a second.A poem can have a great message but will not be repeated over and over again in media.The poem gets it message accross quicker than a song though.
A Christian Song if its good enough catchy or beautiful it will be repeated and repeated and repeated hence bringing it message to a wider audience and hammering it home to the individual.
6:I'l say this again as its worth saying The Holy Spirit is the most Creative Force In Heaven and Earth we need to listen to him and be inspired by him to create great music and with lyrics that are in line with what God wants to say,urs staff

2017/9/4 21:00Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Everyone can't have our taste in christian music, now can they?! I don't listen to KLove or any other Christian station, not cause I think badly of them but because I'm usually listening to sermons in the car!! But I do have some of these song on my iPod.

Here is Billboard's top 20 for this week, I challenge you to google the lyrics of some of these (or all).

What A Beautiful Name - Hillsong Worship
MercyMe - Even If
Lecrae - I'll Find You
Elevation Worship - O Come to the Altar (Live)
Zach Williams - Old Church Choir
Casting Crowns - Oh My Soul
NEEDTOBREATHE - "HARD LOVE (feat. Andra Day)"
Andra - Love Can Save It All
Tauren Wells - Hills and Valleys (Acoustic Video)
Matthew West - Broken Things
Citizen Way - Bulletproof
Ryan Stevenson - The Gospel
Danny Gokey - The Comeback [Lyric Video]
Andra & Mara - Sweet Dreams
Jeremy Camp - Word Of Life
Wonder // Hillsong United // New Song Cafe
Lecrae - I'll Find You ft. Tori Kelly
for KING & COUNTRY - O God Forgive Us
Jordan Feliz - Beloved
Tenth Avenue North - I Have This Hope
Zach Williams - Chain Breaker

God bless,
Lisa

2017/9/4 21:39Profile

they are exalting "themselves"

Contemporary Christian Singers should look and learn at these people in China, this is the real worship...

A Rare Look At Secret House Churches in China
https://youtu.be/v0v1feK6H5U?t=2m20s

Contemporary Christian Music is not exalting God, they exalting themselves...

I'm not saying all CCM are bad, but mostly are not in right direction....

2017/9/5 13:35
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: they are exalting "themselves"

Quote:
by emestiu
A Rare Look At Secret House Churches in China
https://youtu.be/v0v1feK6H5U?t=2m20s

Contemporary Christian Music is not exalting God, they exalting themselves...

I'm not saying all CCM are bad, but mostly are not in right direction...

I watched the video and it's beautiful but it's China. Perhaps if America was in it's 50th year of persecution, we would worship just like they do or better.

The Holy Spirit will guide us into all things if we want to be guided. The Word says 'hunger and thirst after righteousness and we shall be filled.'

I have this to say about worship... everyone in America, Canada, Africa and even in China has the ability to worship the Lord as long and as deep in the Spirit as they like... right in the comfort of their own homes. But do they?

God bless you,
Lisa

2017/9/5 14:18Profile
staff

Re:

Hi,
I wonder are we talking about Christian Worship Music only?
Although their is so much to sing about God in a worship,it isnt inexaustible either.We need the Holy Spirit involved if we need fresh worship songs,The music needs to be inspired by God or the lyrics wont be listened too and remembered.
We have to differentiate between the Worship Song quality and the quality of the worship.By that I mean the worship song maybe perfect but the Worship may be insincere or not heartfelt.
So is your complaint Emestiu that we are not sincere like in China or that they have better worship songs?Or are you saying that our lack of sincerity in our worship is reflective of the songs we are producing?
I think maybe their are two different mini subjects here crossing paths urs staff

2017/9/5 17:58Profile
savannah

Re: whatever

1 Corinthians 10

Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

NO COMPARTMENTALIZING!

All of life is worship -

Romans 12:1

I plead with you therefore, brethren, by the compassions of God, to present all your faculties to Him as a living and holy sacrifice acceptable to Him. This with you will be an act of reasonable worship.

I therefore urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercies, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices that are holy and pleasing to God, for this is the reasonable way for you to worship.

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Don't be deceived!

All music, and the listening thereof, is done unto God or unto men!

2017/9/6 6:57Profile

not complaining

Staff,

I am not complaining about CCM, they are what they are..

I am just saying that CCM is like secular pop culture...

And that is "all my point"...

2017/9/6 8:59

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy