SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Hurricanes, Eclipses, and Divine Judgement

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Hurricanes, Eclipses, and Divine Judgement

Hurricanes, Eclipses, and Divine Judgement
By Michael Brown:

http://bit.ly/2weQccT

2017/8/28 10:53Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Hurricanes, Eclipses, and Divine Judgement

A good, balanced article.

2017/8/28 12:39Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Hurricanes, Eclipses, and Divine Judgement

Most Christians see the judgements of God as a negative thing, but this is what the Word of God says:

"At night my soul longs for You, Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently; For when the earth experiences Your judgments The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness."(Isaiah 26:29).

It doesn't have to be revival or judgement. It can be both.

It doesn't have to be either America is doomed and the Church is saved or the Church is saved and America is destroyed.

The Church can repent, revival can come, and the nation can be saved.

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14.).

2017/8/28 14:44Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Amen Brother Mike!

Where in the bible do we find that we are to be preaching judgement? Doesn't the bible command us to preach the Gospel?

Luke 4:18-19 KJV The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, (19) To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Where exactly does it say we are to preach judgement?

2017/8/28 15:15Profile

Re:

••• Where exactly does it say we are to preach judgement? •••

That's what the Book of Revelation is about. Judgment before the coming of Christ.

Bro Blaine

2017/8/28 16:36
passerby

Re:

Passages to ponder:

Luke 13:1-5

1.Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices.

2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way?

3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem?

5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

2017/8/28 21:23Profile
Sree

Re:

Romans 2;16- on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

The gospel preached by Paul itself included judgment and warning about it. Without conviction about judgment there is no salvation.

2017/8/29 17:58Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The apostles wrote about judgment but recorded sermons only mention it in passing or mildly or hardly at all. It was not the focus of their preaching.

2017/8/29 18:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy