SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Judgement First Begins In the House of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Judgement First Begins In the House of God

1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.

8 And above ALL things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”

9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.

10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Brothers and Sisters,

Sermon Index is a place of refuge in the storm, to gather together to "encourage" one another as we see the day approaching. More and more, there are posts that are presenting the fruit of a pharisee... finger pointing, judging, condemnation. We know that wolves are among us, and have been among us since sin entered the world.

Isn't satan the accuser of the brethren? Isn't he out to kill, steal, and destroy? Isn't he out to divide and conquer? Aren't we called to love others as Christ loved us? Does judgement triumph over mercy? Where are our broken hearts for those who are deceived? How can one be broken if their too busy pointing fingers at everyone elses sin? Are we not to work out our "own" salvation with fear and trembling? Are we to work out the salvation of others? Didn't Jesus weep over Jerusalem? Didn'tJeremiah weep over the people? Didn't the Apostle Paul weep over those going astray? Is our love growing cold? Jesus warned it would. Keep our love fervent for one another.

How does our Lord receive glory and honor from that?

Our family in Christ who are being persecuted daily are loving their enemies and doing good to them. They are overcoming evil with good. Judgement will eventually come when the Lord deems it so, but it will come to the church first.

I say this with a tender heart, in all gentleness. Please, let's ENCOURAGE one another as we see the day approaching. Let's EDIFY and BUILD up one another in JESUS.

1 Corinthians 13:Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your GENTLENESS be known to ALL men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are TRUE, whatever things are NOBLE, whatever things are JUST, whatever things are PURE, whatever things are LOVELY, whatever things are of GOOD REPORT, if there is any virtue and if there is anything PRAISEWORTHY—MEDITATE on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Edited for spelling and added another scripture. Love you all in Jesus

2017/8/26 15:12
followthelamb

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Re: Judgement First Begins In the House of God

"Isn't satan the accuser of the brethren? Isn't he out to kill, steal, and destroy? Isn't he out to divide and conquer? Aren't we called to love others as Christ loved us? Does judgement triumph over mercy? Where are our broken hearts for those who are deceived? How can one be broken if their too busy pointing fingers at everyone elses sin? Are we not to work out our "own" salvation with fear and trembling? Are we to work out the salvation of others? Didn't Jesus weep over Jerusalem? Didn'tJeremiah weep over the people? Didn't the Apostle Paul weep over those going astray? Is our love growing cold? Jesus warned it would. Keep our love fervent for one another."

Amen. Thank you for this reminder. May we all be bearing long with eachother in love. God bless you!

2017/8/26 15:44Profile
docs

Re: Judgment

The judgment spoken of in Peter as beginning at the house of God can also be associated with exercising godly wisdom and discernment. Judging things by exercising godly wisdom and discernment begins at the house of God also. Godly discernment and wisdom is needed to determine between that which results in true healthy life adjusting conviction from the Holy Spirit and that which produces guilt and condemnation which were dealt with and atoned for at the cross. May the exercise of this type of discerning judgment begin at the house of God.

2017/8/26 16:23Profile

Re:

FollowtheLamb said, """"May we all be bearing long with eachother in love. God bless you!"""""

Love you dear Sister. (((((Big Hugs))))) God bless you!

Doc said, """"""""Godly discernment and wisdom is needed to determine between that which results in true healthy life adjusting conviction from the Holy Spirit and that which produces guilt and condemnation which were dealt with and atoned for at the cross. May the exercise of this type of discerning judgment begin at the house of God.""""""""

So true Brother. Yes, we need to have conviction by the Holy Spirit in all gentleness and long-suffering with each other. I was just thinking about the times when Jesus did get upset. In the Temple with the money changers, and with the Pharisees who were critical, self righteous, and pointing the finger at those who didn't follow the law according to their standards.

Yet Jesus was SO merciful to the worst of sinners...those with broken contrite hearts before Him. Although Jesus never partook in their sinful practices, He SAT IN THEIR MIDST sharing the good news of the gospel, while the Pharisees were busy watching His every move, accusing Him as a sinner.

Matthew 11:19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her children.

Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you REST. 29 Take MY YOKE upon you and LEARN from Me, for I am GENTLE and LOWLY in heart, and you will find REST for your souls. 30 For MY YOKE is EASY and MY BURDEN is LIGHT.”

This is one of my favorite passages. The LOVE of Jesus is so evident here and it still brings tears of joy to my eyes:

Luke 7:36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. 37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, “This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner.”

40 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.”

So he said, “Teacher, say it.”

41 “There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?”

43 Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.”

And He said to him, “You have rightly judged.” 44 Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. 45 You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. 46 You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. 47 Therefore I say to you, her SINS, which are MANY, are FORGIVEN, for she LOVED MUCH. But to whom LITTLE is FORGIVEN, the same LOVES LITTLE.”

48 Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50 Then He said to the woman, “Your FAITH has SAVED you. Go in PEACE.”

2017/8/26 20:19
Elibeth

Re:

My dear sister,
I sure hope my words have not offended anyone here,...
if I have, it certainly was not intentional. But I know I say a lot here at times,

It is a continuation of judging ourselves,...because the Word says,as you said,
" Judgment must begin at the house of God,...and if it begin at us "...

Isn't the church, the household of God ?

Inside of me, is this house that God is building too , that houses The Holy Spirit of God,....and too,..each of us that are His children,..

Love you much,
-------------
elizabeth

2017/8/26 21:52Profile

Re:

Elibeth said, "''''My dear sister,
I sure hope my words have not offended anyone here,...
if I have, it certainly was not intentional. But I know I say a lot here at times,

It is a continuation of judging ourselves,...because the Word says,as you said,
" Judgment must begin at the house of God,...and if it begin at us "...

Isn't the church, the household of God ?

Inside of me, is this house that God is building too , that houses The Holy Spirit of God,....and too,..each of us that are His children,..""""

Sister Elizabeth, your words have not offended me at all. ((((Big hugs)))))

Dear brothers and sisters, please know I'm not singling "anyone" out in this at all. It was just something that has stood out over the last couple months....things that point more to the bad things than to the glory of God.

We need to be wise as serpents, yet harmless as doves. We are not each others enemies, we do not wrestle with people. We wrestle against spiritual wickedness in the heavenly places. It's not a certain person or persons mind you. There seems to be a theme of looking at what is wrong "more" than pointing to Jesus. Then arguments seem to form, and contentions arise.

Many, if not all here seem to truly love Jesus with all of their hearts. Its easy to get pulled into an argument....I know I have, and wrongly so. Perhaps I'm wrong by putting this out there, but it seems as though in this evil day, we should pull together in unity, standing fast, being fervent in our love for one another, carrying our cross and following Jesus, always abiding in the vine, and sharing the Good News of the Gospel.

2017/8/26 23:01

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy