SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : A little intro and some info

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

A little intro and some info

I saw this after already posting in response to previous posters.
I thought I would introduce myself, my name is Marvin I am married to a wonderful woman Donna for the last 38 years. I have two children now full grown, Jennifer 42 and Marvin Jr 36. I have 6 grandchildren some of them are now born of God following Jesus Christ.
I was raised to be an atheist my mother who could easily be classified as a God-hater and my Dad simply indifferent to all things spiritual. I know of no one in my family who has known God. To my knowledge ( which is very incomplete) my grandfather to now I am the only one. But since I have been born of God my wife and my Son are truly born of God, my grandson Neil is born of God and my 3 granddaughters all rejoice in Jesus and follow the Lord. My granddaughter Brooke witnessed to my grandson and God used that to bring faith into his heart to believe.
From the outset of my conversion I have witnessed on the streets, street preaching, handing out tracts, evangelism here and overseas, crusades, teaching, bible studies, mens groups, Eldership, Deacon-ship, have all been a part of what God has done in my life and by God's abundant grace brought out fruit and love to Jesus Christ.
I am older now, kinda a Magoo but drive a better car. I enjoy Evangelism, Theology, Church History, Apologetics and the study of Ancient languages ( Hebrew, Greek, Latin). Don't get too nervous around me I am a rank neophyte in all languages.
I have two main desires, one is to bring the lost to faith, no matter what I do in planting, watering or harvesting. Secondly, I enjoy building up my brothers and sisters in the faith.
I am reformed in theology but Charismatic in practice. Meaning I am rejected by the reformed because I speak in tongues and believe in the perpetuity of spiritual gifts and I am rejected by the Charismatics because I believe God elects, predestines and has the final say in the salvation of men. I am a bit of a Michaiah and always have been, which tends to alienate both reformed and Charismatics because I reprove the Charismatics for using the gifts of God for personal gain, ministry name and attention getting. I reprove the reformed because too many of them love solid doctrine but cannot find their gospel shoes to go out and do something with all that wonderful knowledge of scripture. It stays hidden and comes out only when some arminian walks by. To me, it's an utter waste and that sound doctrine was never intended by God to merely fill the mind of man with the truth. Truth is powerful when it's lived out in the love of Jesus manifested by good works and sacrificial acts for the sake of the lost and the Church.
Please understand the last paragraph sounds like a list of who bugs me, but it's not, it's what God has made me and yes I am not without bugs of my own.
So now when I post those of you who oppose either reformed or Charismatic do not think of me as your enemy but in some way I hope to convey we have the same Lord, and are indwelt by the same Spirit and have passed into the same waters of baptism so that with that, all that remains is to love one another and keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

2017/8/26 1:49Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: A little intro and some info

Great intro. Glad to have you!

You are safe in your Calvinism here because debate on that issue has pretty much been banned in this forum, which I think is a good thing. Of course it still sneaks out from time to time depending on the topic.

2017/8/26 8:23Profile
leyoung

Re: A little intro and some info

Marvin,
You sound well-balanced in the Lord. Welcome and thanks for sharing. God has blessed you and your family.
L

2017/8/26 12:57Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Thanks for the welcome Todd and Leslie. Thanks for the heads up on that debate. Truly tired of the whole thing.

2017/8/26 22:25Profile
Jeremy221

Re: welcome

Welcome Marvin. I think I must have driven past Snoqualmie a few hundred times when I lived in Eastern Washington. It must be beautiful there this time of year. Did you a good snowpack this year?

It will be good to have another who patiently and humbly washes the brethrens' feet in the Word. We all want to come up higher and be there in fellowship and communion with dear Lord and King.

2017/8/27 3:39Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Jeremy: It is a warm one today, been a hot summer and thankfully so after 9 months of rain. Thanks for the welcome and I do pray that God will anoint me to edify and strengthen by brothers and sister here. I also pray God give me what you said, humility and that grace to lift up others.

2017/8/27 18:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy