SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is hurricane Harvey a message?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Pnutty

Branson, MO

Is hurricane Harvey a message?

We just had an eclipse that crossed our nation.

Now Hurricane Harvey is building power towards Corpus Chirsti, you know the Body of Christ.

Is there meaning to this?

I just picked up on the free table at the library Spectacular Sins by John Piper. If judgement begins to fly against America bet this book will be a good read for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Spectacular-Sins-Global-Purpose-Christ/dp/1433502755/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1503688418&sr=8-1

2017/8/25 15:28Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Is hurricane Harvey a message?

Lord, in every storm and act of nature we see your mighty hand at
work. We humble ourselves under your great hand (1 Peter 5:6) and ask
for mercy on all those affected by hurricane harvey. May your hand of
protection be on all those who fear you and also on those who are
ignorant of you. Grant heavenly protection to every believer. In the
name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

2017/8/25 16:33Profile
passerby

Re: Is hurricane Harvey a message?

It is indeed a message to whom it is is revealed. And there is another hurricane sweeping the churches and the lands, the hurricane of deception, spiritual slothfulness, and rebellion against God, to which there is no refuge but our prayer closet.

I think it is time for recollection, to have a clear mind, and stand clear before God.

2017/8/25 17:54Profile

Re:

From Passerby

by passerby on 2017/8/25 17:54:28

••• It is indeed a message to whom it is is revealed. And there is another hurricane sweeping the churches and the lands, the hurricane of deception, spiritual slothfulness, and rebellion against God, to which there is no refuge but our prayer closet.

I think it is time for recollection, to have a clear mind, and stand clear before God.•••

From FEMA Director Long,

••• The bottom line message is, right now, if people have not heeded the warning, again, their window to do so is closing," Long said. "If they refuse to heed the warning, that's on them." •••

FEMA director Long was speaking of the consequences of those who do not heed the storm warnings of upcoming hurricane Harvey. Very thought-provoking and dare I say prophetic.

Our brother passerby describes a hurricane that is sweeping the church. God has been warning the American Church. The question is is the American Church heeding the warnings of God. If the church does not heed the warning so God then it will be on them. No one can stand before God on Judgment Day and say why did you not warn us?

Bro Blaine

2017/8/25 18:29
passerby

Re:

The hurricane cannot destroy everything, soon God willing, new life and order will emerge. But the other hurricane is sweeping the very foundation of churches and nations.

America firepower by firepower is hard to destroy, but the union, if this will weaken or collapse, it will be a big headache at least.

2017/8/25 19:17Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Yes! Harvey is a message, that us Christians need to get up off these signs and wonders, and get to helping the folks in Texas that need our help. Maybe God is looking for a sign from a few Christians, like some money, clothing, food and shelter help, how many of you have made preparations to help? That would be a great sign! One that I'm sure would make the Lord very happy...

2017/8/26 9:35Profile

is it?

as someone who lived in a country where we get typhoons almost every month... flooding and people left with nothing... is it a sign from GOD? is GOD punishing my country?

2017/8/26 17:05
TMK

NC, USA

Re: is it?

Great point Evangeline.

And what about the Christian girl being abused by her father on a daily basis- is God judging her?

We live in a world where weather happens and evil is rampant. In the great majority of cases God is hands off and allows things to play out. He expects His Church to do what it can.

2017/8/26 20:29Profile

Re:

May the Lord move all of hearts to reach out to those in need. What an incredible opportunity to share the Gospel as we reach out to them by loving them with our actions. Im reminded of this passage:

Matthew 25: 31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy[c] angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him,[d] saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

2017/8/26 20:41
passerby

Re:

A message or revelation is like pain, it is very personal in nature, it is whatever and wherever the patient say it is. Some will have it, some will not. And the message maybe not be the same to persons who think they got it.Others will pray others will do something else.

Whether this hurricane is a message for you or not is you own do not pursue controversy out of it and do not let its controversies pursue you, if you can.

I feel sad for Blaine, it feels like being hunted like a jackal, but it would shock me more if no believer will react to shocking statements and excesses among our brothers.

Pointing a perceived error or siding in the defense is a lonely business and a tiring path to follow, let us be charitable to both if possible, for it seems that they will not cease until we finally shed our fallen nature.

2017/8/26 22:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy