SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : My Story and encounter with Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

My Story and encounter with Jesus

My name is Bryan, I live outside of Austin Tx. been here for about 15 years. My wife and I moved down from the Wash. D.C. area where I finished my 6 yr. time with the U.S.M.C. also where I met my wife. I am a Musician, I play Electric and Acoustic Guitars, I also play in the worship/praise team at my church. Music has always been a very big part of my life. Bands like Kansas, Rush and ELP have been my musical teachers, until I met the Lord. The music by Hillsong, Paul Baloche and Rita Springer are my influences as well as my style to worship now. I come from a roman catholic background, left the church as a teen joined the service at 19 and saw little of the world, mainly Japan, climbed Mt Fuji 5 times, 2 times experienced the Lord while climbing! In 1978. I came back to the states, in 1979 to the D.C. area and got evolved in a few new age groups for about 1 1/2 yrs. In the summer of 1981 while visiting some friends in California, the Lord spoke to me while having a conversation with a friend. You see, a devil began speaking through my friend, to discourage me from desiring to live for God. I was describing to him a vision I just had. My eyes opened up to discern who was speaking and then the Lord asked me what would I do with this revelation. The Lord reveled himself and showed me what His plans were for me- to preach the word as well as using music as a vehicle of worship, to draw people to Christ. I immediately responded to Him with -YES LORD! To make this short and not to bore you with details, I then began to pray to go to seminary, about 5 times in 2 years. Each time the Spirit of God informed me, I would learn of Him, in the trenches-in every day life and what would be taught to me in the so called schools of Spiritual learning, God would then have to erase from my thinking. LOL. Now going on 25 years later, And attending "The school of the Prophets" (Learning from the trenches)I know I am called to be a prophet when its needed, a pastor at all times as well as a teacher of His Word. If you read some of my postings here, I believe you will see the hand of the Lord upon me; His method of learning for me has been brokenness, humility and purity in heart. His requirement is High, His standard is Holy. In these last days, I have become more and more dependent on Him, like never before! Never the less, to stand strong in the Power of His Might. Alot of sharp edges have been pruned off now, still allot yet to be done by His skillful hands, but with Joy my friends, I can declare How Great our God is for calling me out of darkness, into His marvelous Light! To Abide in Him! What pleasure it is to Bless His Name in the quiet times, alone with Him and before all men. 2 years now I have been ministering in the local prison system, with music and the word. I have a Home group of about 18 adults where I am teaching the word. Lives are being transformed by His Spirit! My heart is aching to go full time in ministry, (thou I will trust in Him to know what is best) to raise up men and women to know the Lord-Intimately and grow and mature in Christ!. This has been the main thrust in teaching from my beginning, what I hear in the Spirit. To God be all the Glory! Amen. :-)

2005/6/18 23:53Profile

Re: My Story and encounter with Jesus

Yes, me and my friends had music to draw people in, EVERY FRIDAY, i believe 10 people got saved, TRULY SAVED from that time there. (at least when i was there). Miracles took place, but ONLY to further the gospel.

Oh, how music is the UNIVERSAL language.

2005/6/20 1:54
Moriah

Encouragement

Quote:
I know I am called to be a prophet when its needed, a pastor at all times as well as a teacher of His Word.

I wonder what a prophet does today? could you please let me in on this?

A Pastor is a very serious position to hold. A sheaphard must watch out for wolves in the fold.
Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. They cause dessention wich will divide the congregation.

Your duty is to protect Gods flock with your life.

Jhn 10:12,13 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

My church was attacked by a wolf and he was after the Pastor himself and a few members left with him or because of him. But God let it happen to weed out or prune His Church where I am.

And a teacher of His Word.
Jam 3:1 My brethren, be not many teachers, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

You must be Studying to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.(2Ti 2:15)
And
Hebrews 5:12-14 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

All I am trying to say here is to ween your flock away from milk so that you may perfect the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till you all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Eph. 4:12-13

2005/7/27 12:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy