SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Encouraging Baptism testimony- don't stop praying!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Encouraging Baptism testimony- don't stop praying!

This past Sunday, 7 folks got baptized in our church from age 84 to age 8. It was one of the sweetest services I have ever attended.

An 84 yr old man and his 82 yr old wife were baptized. Their son who attends the church had been praying for his mom and dad for years but they showed no interest. Then on Christmas Eve 2016 the father attended the service and got saved and he started going to church. The wife still sat home(she said she felt guilty but sat home anyway). Then on Fathers Day in June she finally came to church and got saved and they were baptized this past Sunday.

The pastor asked the father why he never came to church etc. he said he felt that he was "the chief of sinners" and there was no room for him.

It was so encouraging and goes to show we should never give up praying for lost loved ones, regardless of their age. It's never too late.

2017/8/22 15:37Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re: Encouraging Baptism testimony- don't stop praying!

What a blessing Todd, a very encouraging testimony indeed and very timely. Thanks for sharing, I really needed to hear this today.

2017/8/22 18:30Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

And that is why our God is worthy of ALL the praise!

2017/8/23 7:14Profile

Thank you Jesus! What a wonderful testimony! It's never too late...we shouldn't give up on anyone! Baptized at 84 and 82....even 8 years old....that's precious!
God be glorified!

2017/8/23 10:22
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Online!

Todd, just out of interest, which church is this, is it the one you recently told us you were leaving or a new one you are attending? If the later what type of church is is? Just curious!

2017/8/23 11:37Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It's the new one- actually it's a Baptist church. We really like it. A couple I work with grew up in that church.

There are 2 services- a contemporary service that we attend and then a much more formal service afterwards. The pastor throws a tie on for second service and they sing only hymns and I believe only organ and piano are used in that service. From what I can tell you must be at least 70 to attend second service (just kidding- but maybe!)

Right after service there is a really solid Sunday school class we attend.

This church reminds us a lot of the church we had been attending in Ohio (which we loved) before moving down here.

2017/8/23 12:01Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Online!
 Re:

Thanks Todd,

If I remember you correctly, this is the church that is not of the 'Baptism of the Spirit' position.

So if that is so, quite something for folk to think about!!
Must have something??

2017/8/24 6:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy