SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : concerning baptism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
PosterThread
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Stever,

Quote:
The Bible came alive to me, was quickened, immediately after this Spirit Baptism. The Holy Spirit has also provided me with Spiritual [u]discernment[/u].

Sometimes in our zeal we may assume ourselves to be more than we are. I have played this foolery myself. You can believe you are as 'spiritual' and FULL of the Holy Ghost as they get- and still be [u]dead wrong[/u] about a fellow believer. You simply cannot read these posts and have any clue about who one another really is. The forums by their impersonal nature cannot convey rightly the mood of our conversation so we are left to decide if we will give one another the benefit of the doubt or not.

I think about how Paul had to defend himself against folk and was almost forced to give his credentials merely for the sake of protecting the ministry that God has given. I will close with this thought- how embarassed will those men be who thought they were somewhat, who questioned Paul's credibility, when God brings to light the hidden things and the counsels of their hearts? Here is a man that God used mightily and yet there were believers still nipping at his heels. Who were these people? Notice that their names are mostly not listed. Had these men showed forth their works with meekness of wisdom God may have been able to use them. Instead they served the cause of adding to Paul's grief. As if he needed any more?

2005/7/20 9:12Profile

Re:

Dear RobertW:

1 Peter 3:15 tells us that every man is commanded to give an answer, to give his testimony

15. But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

I asked Philologos for an answer, for his testimony of how the “Promise of the Father”, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit that comes UPON the believer, has changed his life.

His testimony, his answer, was a non-answer that did not even come close to the subject matter of the “Promise of the Father” and it’s impact on his life, personally. His answer was vague, and only addressed the blessings that we all have in Christ Jesus when we are saved. Further, all of his responses, all of his testimony had nothing to do with the “Promise of the Father”, the Spirit Baptism that takes place when the believer is led into the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. The Baptism that provides power to the believer.

This is what actually happens to the believer that receives this special anointing, this special “Promise of the Father”:

Mark 16:
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20. And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

This is how this special anointing, this Promise of the Father where the Holy Spirit comes upon the believer, usually happens- BY THE LAYING ON OF HANDS, AFTER BAPTISM IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST:
Acts 8:
15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Acts 8:
“16. (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
18. And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19. Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
20. But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
Acts 9:
16. And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

Philolologos, based upon his testimony and his responses to my posts over the past 30 days has no personal understanding of how this baptism takes place. If you check the thread, he came against me on every post that he replied to me. If he was Spirit filled, he would be able to give a witness, to give his testimony, to give an answer to how this “Promise of the Father” has changed his life. If you check out what he said----- he said nothing about this and tried to kill the thread. Why did he do that?

The Promise of the Father is available for all believers. All you have to do is want this, and ask God for it.

God bless,

Stever

2005/7/21 23:12
jeremyhulsey

Re:

I don't think you can apply 1 Peter 3:15 to an interrogation of a fellow believer as to whether they have been baptized in the Spirit or not. The context is talking about a pagan asking why we hold on so fervantly to hope in Jesus Christ.

2005/7/21 23:34Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Perhaps we should start thinking of ways to bring this discussion to an end. It's becoming an endless circle. I hate to have to lock topics and I'd rather we just let this one sink into the archives.

2005/7/21 23:37Profile

Re:

It is fine with me to let this drop. My purpose in bringing this subject forward was to witness to others about the "Promise of the Father", the Baptism of the Holy Spirit that comes upon the believer, and how to receive this baptism.

I feel that all those who have followed this thread for the past month or more can now understand how easy it is to receive this special blessing that empowers the believer to witness without fear and to have a more personal, dynamic walk with the Lord.

God bless,

Stever

2005/7/22 1:17

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy