Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : ONE WORD FROM JESUS by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 ONE WORD FROM JESUS by David Wilkerson

Deep despair and anguish can come at Jesus from those he cares for most.

Mary and Martha had cast away their confidence in him after their brother, Lazarus, fell sick and died (see John 11:20-21). Jairus’ household had cast away their confidence, as well. They all accused Jesus of being too late and uncaring (see Mark 5:35).

Still, all it took was one word from him, “Rise!” and everything changed in an instant. That’s all it ever takes with the Lord. He speaks one word and suddenly everything is transformed. Satan must loosen his grip, death flees, life springs up, and heaven’s promises break out on all sides.

Beloved, no matter what you’re going through, all the Lord has to do is speak a single word and devils are sent scattering. Creation trembles. Suddenly, the answer you’ve sought is upon you. So, you wonder why the Lord has not answered you yet. Why does your suffering go on? Why does it look so hopeless for some of God’s holiest people?

All I know is that in such crises, God’s people either grow in confidence or draw back and cast away their confidence. “If anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him. But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul” (Hebrews 10:38–39).

The Lord is determined to strip us of all confidence in the flesh, leaving us with total confidence in him.

2017/8/22 7:37Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: ONE WORD FROM JESUS by David Wilkerson

Brother Greg,

This is so amazing I just have to comment!

I just posted about "Hold fast your confidence" and this message is such confirmation it is crazy...in a good way :)

God bless,

2017/8/22 7:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy