Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : eclipse of the sun

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

eclipse of the sun

So who of my US brethren has viewed the toatal eclipse?
How was it. What are your feelings / thoughts....any spiritual connection?

2017/8/21 15:39Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: eclipse of the sun

It was not total in Joplin, Missouri, but was about 95% obscured. No spiritual connection. I teach at a high school in the area and we took all of the students out to see it. It is the second partial eclipse that I have seen, and I understand we will have another total eclipse in our area in about 7 years. I hope to be able to travel to see that one in totality if possible, but that is still a long way off. The drop in temperature, the increase of breeziness, and the dimming of the light was an interesting feeling. Something very different from what we are accustomed to, so it did have a slightly eerie feeling to it.

2017/8/21 15:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

I am in North Carolina- we had about 96% coverage. It got noticeably cooler and dimmer, but not dark. Birds stopped chirping. It was a tad eerie.

I am hoping that folks in places along the path of totality where it got totally dark for a couple of minutes stopped to think for a few minutes; or maybe that they will do so later. I do not place spiritual significance on the eclipse (other than that it is a spectacularly designed work of God) but perhaps it will get folks thinking about God, judgment,their position with God, etc.

2017/8/21 15:47Profile
docs

Re:

It was a dud in Bemidi, MN. Hardly anything noticeable happened although I caught a quick glimpse through the clouds of the sun going into eclipse.

2017/8/21 15:59Profile
mguldner

Kansas

I'm student teaching in Kansas and it wasn't total eclipse but it was neat to see with our students. We had a ton of clouds and that made it difficult to see most of the time but the time we did see it I thought it was cool. Nothing significant happened and God's wrath didn't seem to fall from the sky to punished the United States. I also did not gained super powers which honestly was a bit of a bummer but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

2017/8/21 16:43Profile

Re:

20Come, my people ( remnant ), enter into your rooms
            And close your doors behind you;
            Hide for a little while ( in Christ )
            Until indignation ( God's wrath ) runs its course.

21For behold, the LORD is about to come out from His place
            To punish the inhabitants of the earth ( America ) for their iniquity;
            And the earth ( Anerica ) will reveal her bloodshed ( abortion, persecuted believers) 
            And will no longer cover her slain.

••• Isaiah 26: 20-21 •••

9“It will come about in that day,” declares the Lord GOD,
            “That I will make the sun go down at noon
            And make the earth dark in broad daylight.

10“Then I will turn your festivals into mourning
            And all your songs into lamentation;
            And I will bring sackcloth on everyone’s loins
            And baldness on every head.
            And I will make it like a time of mourning for an only son,
            And the end of it will be like a bitter day.

11“Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord GOD,
            “When I will send a famine on the land,
            Not a famine for bread or a thirst for water,
            But rather for hearing the words of the LORD.

12“People will stagger from sea to sea
            And from the north even to the east;
            They will go to and fro to seek the word of the LORD,
            But they will not find it.

••• Amos 8:9-12 ••• 

17For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

••• 1 Peter 4:17 ••• 

Bro Blaine 

2017/8/21 17:14
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Schools dismissed for the day here in middle Tennessee where we were in the path of totality. Where I live, it was great until about 15 minutes before totality when clouds rolled in and obscured that view. BUT, it got so dark for about a minute or so that street lamps came on, lightning bugs (fireflies for my non southeastern-US friends) came out and crickets chirped their late summer evening song. Was wild to see the sudden dimming and sudden lightening of the day as totality came and went. Memorable moment.

Funny, my wife got on a plane this morning for DC. First time she's been there. She missed being here with us for the event. But, odd that her first trip there happened on this remarkably memorable date. First time she went to NYC was also her first plane trip on February 26, 1993. I took her to the airport in Huntsville, AL to catch a connecting flight in Nashville to NYC -- got back in my little pickup truck and turned on the radio to hear the breaking news that the World Trade Center had been bombed.

Thanks to all for your prayers for us, too, from earlier this year. I start my new job in TN tomorrow.

2017/8/21 17:33Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

// “That I will make the sun go down at noon//

It was actually 2:46 pm here, and the sun didn't go down- it was right up there.

Now if the sun did go down at noon that would definitely be a sign.

2017/8/21 18:03Profile
staff

Re:

hi all
I think that when people talk about "their will be signs in the skys" they are of the opinion that it will be just natural phenomena .
Let me relate a dream(one of a few) I got from God about signs in the sky at the end.
Firstly let me say that I believe these things will actually happen thats the sense I got from the dream.
I was in a van with some other people and as we passed by I saw groups of people strangers to each other gathering together talking to each other with a real sense of fear/anxiety/disbelief even.Then we went on and saw a similar group.At that stage I shouted look and I saw in the sky what had agitated the people.A Sissors ,white in colour hanging in the sky in the middle of the day,half open.About the size of a full moon,clouds would pass by but the sissors would not move and people were in shock because they knew this was not natural and were perplexed.It was obvious to me in the dream this sign was from God.
Another dream this time it was clear to me that it was a conterfeit sign.It was at night and stars were ziging and zagging making patterns and I was saying in the dream it was demonic .The signs served no purpose only to dazzle and confuse.
Thats what I have to share make of it what you will but am I saying the dreams were from God,definitely and do I think they will physically happen yes thats the sense I got from the dreams,
urs staff

2017/8/21 18:25Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I have had very similar dreams staff. One I really remember is is that I was with a group of people on a hillside looking over a big city like LA. It was nighttime and I probably saw a scene like that in a movie or something.

All of a sudden there was a big flash like a flash bulb that went over the city. There was no boom but rather a very loud sound like electrical discharge but super powerful and loud.

Up on the hillside we knew we were not going to make it- we had peace because we were believers but we actually began saying our goodbyes, hugging etc before the blast or whatever hit us, then I woke. I am not 100% certain it was from the Lord (I have had two dreams that I have no doubt were) but it may have been.

2017/8/21 18:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy