SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anne Graham Lotz Issues an Urgent Warning About the Upcoming Solar Eclipse

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
docs

Re:

The church may be disciplined but it has passed from wrath and judgment if it is in Christ. Also, I would think longing and hoping for judgment to come disqualifies in a way many of those speaking of coming judgment.

2017/8/19 15:27Profile

Love one another...

It is best that we love one another in this forum and focus on devotion to Jesus Christ than to give all our energy writing in this forum in an "argumentative way"...

Have a bless day to all of you...

2017/8/19 15:32
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I remember when Hale-Bopp comet appeared during the late 1990's, a guy in our church -- a self-proclaimed "watchman on the wall" -- announced that it was a sign from God. At Bible studies and prayer meetings, he went on and on about how it was a sign heralding the coming of the Lord, judgment and (hopefully) revival.

Another man grew tired of his proclamations and warned him, "Astrology is a sin, brother."

My question for Blaine (in addition to the ones that I asked before) is whether he believes that this total solar eclipse on Monday morning is the fulfillment of the words in Amos chapter 8.

I believe that the eclipse is what it is -- a total solar eclipse that occurs on average once every 16 months.

This doesn't mean that all of those other things -- including a call to repent -- are unimportant. We should continue to remain close to Christ and long for his return. We should continue to tell the world about our Lord. However, I personally don't believe that a cyclical eclipse was the "sign of Jonah" any more than I believe that Moses and the Israelites crossing the Red Sea was a result of low tide.

2017/8/19 15:46Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I really feel stupid now that I even got caught up in this thread, I hope I have not encountered any brain damage. The only sign that might get my attention on August 21,2017, is if there is no eclipse, that will get my attention. It's really sad that folks get caught up in these signs and wonders stuff, and what's even sadder is, when they push this upon others. We need to pray for brother Bear, as he has insinuated a lot of bad towards others in his posts, this is not normal for christians to be thinking this way, something is just not right here.

2017/8/19 16:45Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think it's been a good discussion even if a tad frustrating.

I personally believe when the Lord comes the signs will be worldwide and undeniable. And it won't be timed with something we know is coming. We cannot predict with specificity the time of His coming.

When He comes, his followers will be ecstatic with joy and unbelievers will recoil in horror.

If anything, this eclipse should remind us and make us think of that day. I suspect at its height it will be pretty eerie, at least here in the south. There are lots of parties planned so maybe we should be praying that when the sun is at it's darkest fear will be struck in the hearts of the wicked which will lead to repentance.

2017/8/19 18:02Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Here is a similar thread from 2 years ago :

Is the SHEMITAH like Y2K happening again?

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=55090&forum=35&start=150&viewmode=flat&order=1

And lets remember the same Steve Cioccolanti : that : "articulates the warning in a very clear, undeniable, yet undogmatic way based on his understanding of biblical truth."

Is the same Steve Cioccolanti that is in this video :

Donald Trump the "Last Trump" before the rapture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQtlKBbWbvQ

From a 2011 SI thread :

I did say, and again say, IF these eclipses in 2015 are what the Lord was referring to, then 2015 would look like a
possible year for His feet to land on the Mt of Olives. And, IF this is true then the tribulation could, not would, start this fall[2008]at the Feast of Trumpets, (which technically is 2 days long: KJV Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only). In light of all the prophetic events going on,I would say it is likely but I’m not saying definitely. As far as the rapture, if you’re pretrib then 2008 could be interesting, if you’re midtrib, 2012 could be interesting, if you’re prewrath then 2014 might be interesting, if you’re a posttribber then 2015 might be interesting and if you’re amillennial just sit back and watch the show!" - Pastor Mark Biltz

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37884&forum=36

2017/8/19 21:31Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

Thank you for your contributions to this thread. Posting it was for the purpose to share that it is "possible" that God is judging and is warning America as a nation or at least speaking to His people of what He is going to do.

We cannot live with our hands in the sand, we are living in wicked days and we should be wise.

"A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished." - Proverbs 22:3

This thread is now locked.

2017/8/19 22:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy