SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anne Graham Lotz Issues an Urgent Warning About the Upcoming Solar Eclipse

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jesus said about the ones who needed to see signs and wonders in order to believe on Him. He said, and I will quote, “Only a wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign.” Matthew 16:4 This was spoken to the pharisees who demanded to see a sign. Jesus sharply rebuked them and then told them that the only “sign” that would be given for people to believe is the sign of Jonah…in other words…the only “sign” that would be given for people to believe was the death, burial, and resurrection of the living God! Basically, Jesus was saying to the pharisees, as He still says to us today, that if you don’t believe based on the death, burial, and resurrection, then nothing else will make you truly believe. And that’s the way it still stands today. Yet many still get lured in to seeking after the supernatural signs and wonders and much of their faith is based upon such seeking. Dangerous.

2017/8/18 17:44Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

MrBillPro,

I definitely don't think that Brother Blaine was saying that. He was merely advocating that this eclipse was a sign of the end times. And while that is an opinion on which I don't agree, I know that there will indeed be signs preceding the coming of the Lord.

Let me say what I believe is happening in our world--a hardening of hearts. You have all these people who, for the past few decades, have been interpreting "signs" and events that almost always come to nothing. They write books that say "look at these signs!" And come to the very cusp of saying the end is here, but don't say it because they don't want to be exposed for the false prophets that they are (I am not speaking of you, Brother Blaine). They are saying to us, "Look! Here is the Christ! He is coming!" But we are commanded not to follow after them.. The enemy is using this to harden the hearts of people against those signs which are/will be legitimate. When the end does really come, they will have heard the boy crying wolf so much that they won't pay the truth even a second glance, even if an angel were to fly around the earth proclaiming the everlasting Gospel. They will be so hardened and in love with their sin and antichrist "savior" that they will not pay a literal fulfillment of Revelation any attention.

2017/8/18 19:33Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Guess I should have put this in my last post, for the record, my last post was not directed at anyone, I was just generally speaking.

2017/8/18 20:06Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Well...uh...maybe my last post wasn't directed at you...lol

2017/8/18 20:13Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Steve Cioccolanti: Donald Trump the "Last Trump" before the rapture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQtlKBbWbvQ

2017/8/18 20:30Profile

Re:

This is a very interesting thread. Putting aside what man says about the end times, and looking in Matthew 24 at what Jesus says about it has my attention. What really amazes me is that the disciples were expecting Jesus to come back in their life time. If they were expecting Him then, how much more should we be looking for Jesus now?

For me, looking at the signs Jesus told us about isn't about pushing fear and hysteria. Rather, Jesus said when we "begin" to see these things take place, we are to lift our heads because our Redemption draws nigh. I'm Home sick, I long to see my Savior. As far as the book of Revelation goes, I sincerely believe that none of us have a clear understanding of it, and we won't until the Lord gives us His understanding.

I agree that we shouldn't be consumed with signs, but we should be alert and on watch. The signs Jesus gave are becoming more and more evident as we see the Day of Christ approaching.

The love of many are growing cold

There are signs in the sun, moon, and stars

Nation is against Nation

Kingdom is against Kingdom

Mens thoughts are continuously evil as in Noahs day

Violence is increasing

Men are calling evil good, and good evil

Technology is leaping forward like never before

We could go on and on with the birth pains we are seeing....and they "are" increasing.

The sun is actually going quiet, there's very little solar flare activity, and more coronal holes are forming. This is actually quite interesting. When solar flares hit the earth on a regular basis, it strengthens the magnetosphere which shields us from x-rays and incoming objects that would burn up before entering our atmosphere. When the sun lacks in solar flares, the magnetosphere begins to weaken, and it begins to lose it's strength, allowing x-rays and objects to enter our atmosphere more freely.

Nasa is finding that not only is the earth beginning to change due to a quiet sun (weather, storms, increase in volcanoes and earthquakes) but they are seeing changes taking place on the planets in our solar system too. Ive seen articles from M.I.T. , from Harvard, and other reputable sites. When the sun goes quiet, the earth begins to cool. It can cause a famine. If, by any chance, the sun gives off a large solar flare during the quiet phase of the sun, and it is a direct shot, that part of the earth may lose its power completely.

The last time the sun went quiet was in the early 1600's. There was wide spread famine and there were some years that didn't see a summer. It's known as a "Maunder Minimum". We are due for another. Also, during a Maunder Minimum, there's been a history of earthquakes of magnitude 8 or greater, and an increase of volcanic activity. It's actually quite interesting to read up on.

Yes, these things cycle normally, but we are seeing a variety of things happen at the same time, with more frequency and intensity.

I honestly don't know if September 23rd will have "anything" to do with the sign described in Revelation 12, but I have an App on my computer that lets me see the stars position, and again....it's rather interesting to see that the woman clothed with the sun, the moon under her feet, Jupiter coming through her birth canal, happens identical to the way Revelation 12 describes it....the Dragon is also near her at this time, so is the snake. The App is called "Sky Guide"....it's a lot like an interactive planetarium....you can see the constellations move. Its really neat.

Do I fear these things? No, not at all....in fact, Im looking up because our Redemption is drawing near....and Im all the more eager to share the Gospel and work while it's still day, because the night is coming when no one can work. We've been living in the last days for over 2000 years now.....Im a thinking we are getting prettttttty close now....the Lord could wait another 2000 years if He so desires, but reading the Word of God, the way the disciples warned of Jesus coming then, makes me look at it just as seriously as they did. Praise be to Jesus in everything we do! Amen. Jesus will come when no one expects Him to return.

God bless you all. Keep up the good fight. Jesus is coming for those who love His return....perhaps soon. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

2017/8/19 0:20
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

In love, and in a deep conviction that we are on the threshhold of Daniel's 70th Week, I ask us all not to read into the eclipse of 8/21 anything prophetic. We simply have no solid biblical support to conclude that north America or the US is the specific subject of any prophecy, nor that an eclipse that happens over it is a portent of anything that is described in the bible.

It is an eclipse. They are remarkable. They DO communicate God's design, reality and sovereignty. They may, on unique occasions, signify God's particular action, but we should carefully insist on specific and clear biblical support for it before letting our Spirit informed minds wander down a path of unfruitful speculation and titillation.

2017/8/19 2:20Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

As "Christians" this should be the only sign we should be looking for, “Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True".

2017/8/19 9:18Profile

Re:

Brother Tim said:

"""""In love, and in a deep conviction that we are on the threshhold of Daniel's 70th Week, I ask us all not to read into the eclipse of 8/21 anything prophetic. We simply have no solid biblical support to conclude that north America or the US is the specific subject of any prophecy, nor that an eclipse that happens over it is a portent of anything that is described in the bible.

It is an eclipse. They are remarkable. They DO communicate God's design, reality and sovereignty. They may, on unique occasions, signify God's particular action, but we should carefully insist on specific and clear biblical support for it before letting our Spirit informed minds wander down a path of unfruitful speculation and titillation."""""""

Brother, I do agree with you here. After looking through Matthew 24 and Luke 21, the signs in the sun, moon, and stars that Jesus refers to is "immediately after" the tribulation of those days. I should have clarified that I do not agree that a solar eclipse is a sign. Yes, birth pains are increasing, but when these things happen, it will be sudden destruction. The only way not to be deceived is not to chase after the signs, but to follow Jesus.

What I put in my last post was observation that has always interested me, but not to the point of chasing after them.
Matthew 24:29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Luke:21:25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Also, Jesus warns us of many false prophets that will arise, and if possible deceive even the elect.

There's definitely a lot of weird prophecies out there right now.

Brother Bill said: """"""As "Christians" this should be the only sign we should be looking for, “Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True"."""""""""

Amen. We shouldn't be" looking for signs".

Luke 21: 7 So they asked Him, saying, “Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?”
8 And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them.
Verse 8 of Luke 21 is very sobering. If I'm understanding it correctly, Jesus is warning that many will come in Jesus name, declaring that He is Lord and they will say the Time of the end has drawn near. Jesus says, do not go after them. We have to be so careful not to follow man.

Luke 21: 12 But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name’s sake. 13 But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. 14 Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; 15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. 17 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. 18 But not a hair of your head shall be lost. 19 By your patience possess your souls.

May the Lord increase our spiritual wisdom and understanding, and guard our hearts from deception.

Luke 21: 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

2017/8/19 11:28

Re: The Judgement of God

“It will come about in that day,” declares the Lord GOD,
“That I will make the sun go down at noon
And make the earth dark in broad daylight.

“Then I will turn your festivals into mourning
And all your songs into lamentation;
And I will bring sackcloth on everyone’s loins
And baldness on every head.
And I will make it like a time of mourning for an only son,
And the end of it will be like a bitter day.

“Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord GOD,
“When I will send a famine on the land,
Not a famine for bread or a thirst for water,
But rather for hearing the words of the LORD.

“People will stagger from sea to sea
And from the north even to the east;
They will go to and fro to seek the word of the LORD,
But they will not find it.

••• Amos 8:9-12 •••

Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

••• 1 Cor. 9:10-11 •••

For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

••• 1 Peter 4:17 •••

Historically a solar eclipse has been viewed as a sign of coming judgement. Cuneiform tablets discovered in the 19th century mention the Buy-Sagle Eclipse. Historians believe this eclipse took place over Nineveh, present-day Mosul. This eclipse probably took place shortly before Jonah arrived to preach the message of God's judgement of coming wrath upon the city of Nineveh.

Before the arrival of Jonah Nineveh had already been embroiled in plagues, civil war and an earthquake. This documented from historical sources outside of scripture.

Thus God have been preparing the hearts of those in Nineveh to turn to Him in repentance despite the message of wrath and destruction from Jonah. From the King on down the people repented. And God showed mercy upon Nineveh.

But historical sources does show that there was a significant solar eclipse that took place before the arrival of Jonah. And it is not beyond the realm of scriptural possibility that God does speak through a solar eclipse. To speak forth judgment but also to call people to repentance.

In the verses above in Amos God is saying that he will make the sun go down and the Earth turn to darkness at noon. The language would suggest a solar eclipse. Another thing God is saying in the verses above is that there will be a famine of the word of God. I'm wondering if it will be those who will go to seek an explanation of what God is saying. But no word will be found. Probably because the people did not initially believe the word that God was speaking to them.

A friend of mine is always reminding me that God's controversy with His people is unbelief. It is no different in the church today. Even in this thread there is a spirit of unbelief saying God does not speak through a solar eclipse as he did in the Old Testament. But then has God ever changed. Has he ever changed in a way he has spoken.

There are those who suggest that we should not look at the signs of the return of Jesus. There are those that suggest that people such as me are chasing after signs. I have asked repeatedly then why did Jesus give us signs in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 to point to His coming. These are signs that are given out of the scriptures themselves. Those of you who cry Sola scriptura can you please tell me why did Jesus give us signs to point to his coming?

I do believe that the upcoming solar eclipse across America will signify the coming judgment to be primarily up on the church in America. The church in America is embedded with unbelief. And certainly there is a famine of the word of God in our churches today. Even in this forum there is a famine of the word of God.

The idea of the Judgment of God upon the American church is foreign to many. They are American Christians who cry peace and safety. These will be the ones upon whom destruction will come up on as Paul writes in Thessalonians.

We would seriously do well to heed the events that are taking place around us. We would do well to heed the solar event that is taking place on Monday. And if anything we should be on our knees and perhaps on our faces crying out that God would have mercy on the few who may look at this event. And cry out to God lord what must I do to be saved.

God is speaking. The question is are we listening?

Bro Blaine

2017/8/19 12:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy