SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anne Graham Lotz Issues an Urgent Warning About the Upcoming Solar Eclipse

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: Moonstruck

I have heard that sometimes some become Moonstruck.

Moonstruck - adjective

1)Afflicted with or exhibiting irrationality and mental unsoundness.

2)Mentally deranged, supposedly by the influence of the moon; crazed.

3)Insane and believed to be affected by the phases of the moon, lunatic.

So maybe there is more to this.

I did see a sign this afternoon. It read, "Watch the eclipse this Sunday." It was in front of the church building too. That could be a sign that I should go to that church this Sunday.

2017/8/18 13:31Profile

Re:

I find there's an interesting hypocrisy that takes place in this forum. Those of you who cry the loudest "sola scriptura" are the least inclined to believe the scriptures. That is the scriptures that point to the soon return of Jesus Christ.

You mock the notion of his soon return through the signs that He is giving. Then I ask you where is your "Sola scriptura". If you're going to appeal to the scriptures as your final authority. Then my question to you is why do you not believe the scriptures.

You take me to task on other threads because you claim I do not hold to the Canon of scripture. Yet I take the scripture more literally than those of you who cry Sola scriptura. Because I simply believe what Jesus says in his word that he will return. Evidently you do not believe that he is going to return. Then my question is who truly is holding to Sola scriptura.

Bro Blaine

2017/8/18 13:57
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.••• 2 Peter 3:4-7

I believe such as happening in this thread.

Bro Blaine

Brother, are you ok? Mocking? ....ungodly men? so you can tell someone's heart by a post on a internet forum? Are some Christians just getting bored with God's word, they resort to telling folks, that are not in agreement with them, they're mocking God and are ungodly men? Some of these threads are really getting out of control. The best thing we all can do is, just get back to the Bible, and quit worrying about these signs and wonders, I have no control over them, and I don't know of anyone that does.

When I see threads like these, some Christians, act like everyone better get ready, because I'm ready, well I'm ready to, so I don't need any scare tactics to get me ready, I stay ready, to keep from having to get ready. If your going to Preach these signs and wonders, my guess is you time would be better spent in the streets telling the lost, not your brothers and sisters in Christ, that already know this news, because we have Bibles also.

2017/8/18 14:03Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear who here believes Jesus is not returning? It's ok to name names if you know who they are.

2017/8/18 14:06Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Bear who here believes Jesus is not returning? It's ok to name names if you know who they are.

I think Mr. Bear is just trying to save us all, but that is Jesus job. I don't understand him, if I didn't know him at all, and come here and read his posts, I would think he's saying "look at me, I've got it together, I know i'm headed for Heaven, but these Mockers and Ungodly men and women here, I need to get them saved, before it's to late. Mr. Bear, we appreciate your concern, but I think most of us have already received our ticket, we got it from the same person you did. :-)

2017/8/18 14:22Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Word of caution

I believe there have been recalls on eclipse glasses.

Amazing how you could buy glasses made in China or from the friendly discount store to watch the eclipse. Reckon they are made by people who really care for your eye safety?

I'd be very careful with my children and eclipse glasses.

2017/8/18 14:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey Roger that's something we can agree on!

Best make an eclipse viewer. It's simple and safe. All you need is two thin pieces of cardboard like a Manila folder, some foil, and a thumbtack.

2017/8/18 15:08Profile
havok20x

Re:

Brother Blaine,

Who are you talking about here? I assume it is me, right?

2017/8/18 15:20Profile
dspks

Dakotas

Re: Anne Graham Lotz Issues an Urgent Warning About the Upcoming Solar Eclipse

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15

Should we replace "the gospel" with "signs and wonders"??

2017/8/18 16:37Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Dear Bro Blaine,

I think that we should be slow to accuse others. I didn't read anyone mocking anyone else or denying the fact that the Lord will return or that there will be signs preceding the Lord's return. I only saw people pointing out the fact that eclipses just aren't truly rare. They occur frequently.

In fact, there were 71 total solar eclipses during the 20th Century. As someone else pointed out, as many as five eclipses have occurred in one calendar year (the last being in 1935).

There will be another total solar eclipse on July 2nd, 2019 followed by an annular solar eclipse (in which the Moon is just a little further out and unable to cover the entire Sun) about six months later (on December 26th, 2019). Six months after that, there will another annular solar eclipse on July 21st, 2020 followed by another total solar eclipse on December 14th, 2020.

In other words, there will be three total solar eclipses, two annular solar eclipses and four partial solar eclipses from now until December 14th, 2020 -- and that is relatively normal.

Yes, it is somewhat rare that a total solar eclipse will be visible across North America (well, at least across a particular trajectory) -- but the last one happened in 1978 and the next one will occur in April 2024.

Is this a "sign?" Well, "the heavens declare the glory of God" (Psalm 19:1). Is it a "sign of the times?" I suppose that is different -- because solar eclipses are so surprisingly common. A total solar eclipses occurs (on average) approximately once ever 18 months.

The Lord will return according to God's own timing regardless of whether there is a total solar eclipse or not.

2017/8/18 16:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy