SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anne Graham Lotz Issues an Urgent Warning About the Upcoming Solar Eclipse

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

This thread reminded me of John Hagee for some reason. :-)

2017/8/18 9:20Profile

Re:

Brethren I would not be so quick to dismiss this event as mere "newspaper theology". There's enough scripture warrant to cause us to take a sobering look at the upcoming solar eclipse.

At the beginning of creation God created the sun as a sign,

••• Then God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for ""signs"" and for seasons and for days and years; ••• Gen. 1:14

Jesus teaches about His soon return,

•••There will be ""signs in sun and moon and stars"", and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves,••• Luke 21:25

When the Pharisees are pressing Jesus for a sign to prove He is the Messiah. Jesus answers them,

•••But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the ""sign"" of Jonah the prophet; for just as JONAH WAS THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE BELLY OF THE SEA MONSTER, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. ••• Mat. 12:39-40

Definitely Jesus is talking about His death, burial and resurrection to be as His ultimate sign to Israel.

But there is another component to be considered in the sign of Jonah. Ancient history records a significant solar eclipse that took place in Nineveh. That event took place before a reluctant Jonah arrived to preach God's upcoming wrath against this wicked city. Some have suggested that because of the solar eclipse Nineveh was prepared for repent.

This component was certainly linked to the crucifixion of Jesus when we read below,

••• Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour.••• Mat. 27:45

We are not told what caused three hours of darkness at the death of Jesus. But a solar eclipse would certainly not be out of the question.

I have never heard of a solar eclipse being equated to God's blessing. Jewish rabbis often associated a solar eclipse with judgment upon the Gentile Nations. The certainly may have been evident with Nineveh. Perhaps the citizens of that city saw the solar eclipse as a sign of the angry gods at tveir wickedness. Thus when they heard the message from Jonah to repent. They did so in sack cloth and ashes. They turned to the true and living God. Let us not forget that Nineveh was a Gentile nation.

When darkness covers the land this is definitely considered a sign of judgement. We see all this happening at the death of Jesus. Darkness covered the land for three hours as a sign of judgement against those who crucified Jesus. This certainly happened in Egypt.

••• Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even a darkness which may be felt. ”So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and there was thick darkness in all the land of Egypt for three days. They did not see one another, nor did anyone rise from his place for three days, but all the sons of Israel had light in their dwellings. ••• Ex. 10:21-23

Imagine a darkness so thick that it can be felt. Imagine a darkness so thick that one can not see another person. Was this the result of a solar eclipse? I do not know. But darkness is definitely a sign of judgement. It was a sign of judgment to another Gentile nation and that was Egypt.

The path of the total eclipse crosses the United States from the northwest to the southeast. It is as if God has said I have judged the United States of America and found it lacking. The path of totality is like a slash across this country. Basically it's as if God is saying I am finished with America. America will be judged.

We what do well to be very prayerful about the solar eclipse coming up on August 21st. We would do well to be on our knees and honor faces before God asking what is he saying.

Could it be that God is saying to us as he did in Nineveh...REPENT!

Bro Blaine

2017/8/18 9:42
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Ok fair enough Mr. Bear. So what are we supposed to do? I mean is there some sort of precaution we need to take? I just don't understand. Are we supposed to be fearful of this? I'm sincere in my asking these questions, why does any of these signs even matter to Christians? it's almost sounds like were being scared into getting right with the Lord, well I am right with the Lord, and I don't need any scare tactics to do anything in my life. I'm just totally confused why we as Christians, should be concerned about any signs, God's already told us about all of them, and we have known about them ever since the Bible was written, now were supposed to be looking up and scared all a sudden? I guess I'll never understand, maybe someone can help me here.

2017/8/18 9:54Profile
havok20x

Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

We should not be ignorant in this matter. TMK is right about what he is saying. Eclipses happen OFTEN on Earth. They show up in a location every 375 years on average, but happen every 18 months or so, globally. Mathematically, they CAN occur up to 5 times a year, but this has only happened 25 times in the last 5000 years.

Brother Bear--No eclipse is mentioned in the bible regarding Ninevah. It is not safe to assume that one did, especially since we don't know the exact date that Jonah was in Ninevah. Even if there was, the Bible doesn't mention it, so it is not significant nor can theological presuppositions be derived from it.

Also, during the crucifixion of Jesus, there was Darkness in the land for 3 hours total. An eclipse, at its MAXIMUM length of time can only last for 7.5 minutes. The supernatural darkness that occurred during the crucifixion lasted 24x the maximum amount of time an eclipse can last at any 1 location.

Jewish tradition is FULL of superstitions that are not Biblical--hence, they are not in the Bible.

God is judging our nation. He has done EXACTLY what the scriptures says and has given everyone over to their lusts.

The only cure is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I very much agree with Martyr on this topic--America is not God's special nation. It has been blessed, for the sake of His children within. But it isn't Israel 2.0 nor Israel's cousin.

2017/8/18 10:50Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The eclipse is happening because the moon is moving between the earth and the sun- period. It is not a supernatural occurrence. A supernatural occurrence would be if the sun went dark for 15 minutes for no discernible reason.

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow (or 8/21/17) for tomorrow (8/21/17) will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

ADD: right on havok

2017/8/18 10:54Profile

Re:

••• Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.••• 2 Peter 3:4-7

I believe such as happening in this thread.

Bro Blaine

2017/8/18 12:11
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear no one denies the earths days are numbered.

If it is not mocking to try to give a balanced view to the hysteria some folks are attempting to attach to this eclipse (as well as the hysteria attached to blood moons, Y2k, comets, etc etc).

2017/8/18 12:17Profile
savannah

Re: Anne Graham Lotz Issues an Urgent Warning About the Upcoming Solar Eclipse

This eclipse event will come and go without moment.

What will not come and go is the money that some will make, and the deception that others will sink deeper into.

Thanks for your contributions to this thread Proudpapa, they were informative and helpful.

2017/8/18 12:20Profile

Re:

--- Then He continued by saying to them, “Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great ••signs•• from heaven.--- Luke 21:10-11

There will be ••• signs in sun and moon and stars,••• and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
... Luke 21:25-26

What exactly was Jesus doing when he gives the signs of his soon return? He speaks of signs in the sun, moon and stars. What was he doing? Was he spouting off some ethereal, ephemeral, theology?

Or was Jesus giving warnings that there would certainly be signs in the sun, moon, and stars that would precede His soon return. I speak of such signs as a solar eclipse.

In the gospel accounts of Matthew 24 and Mark 13 Jesus consistently tells his disciples to be on the alert. Another translation says watch and pray.  How can one watch and pray? How can one be on the alert if they do not pay attention to the signs that are taking place around them?  Indeed how can one be prepared for the return of Jesus if they do not pay attention to the signs?

Jesus cave clear teaching in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 as well as other places such as in the Pauline Epistles of things that would take place before His return.  To ignore these warnings and signs will be to do so at one's eternal peril.

If this solar eclipse coming on August 21st is not a sign in the sun preceding the return of Christ. Then I do not know what is.  But then I imagine that there will be those evangelicals who will deny the ultimate sign of his return. That being like lightning that flashes from the east and is visible even in the west. I will imagine that they will be those in this forum that will say no that is not Jesus coming until it is too late.

Bro Blaine 

2017/8/18 12:48
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear what are you going to do between now and Monday? What about the great majority of the world that will not see this eclipse?

2017/8/18 12:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy