Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermon content

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Sermon content

How important it is that any given sermon be straight exegesis from the pulpit vs preaching while tying in world events and our daily lives?

Is it ok if every sermon is strictly exegesis without tying in things in the world such as world events or even local things going on?

Should sermons include today's event in order to make the message more practical?

Should it matter?

If a pastor doesn't include current events in the sermon should there be a concern as to why?

2017/8/14 21:16Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re: Sermon content

It matters most that the preacher hear from God and deliver what He supplies for the moment. You can exegete the whole bible and still do that. I cite Rick Booye at Trail Christian Fellowship as an example.

2017/8/14 21:34Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

How important is it to tie in some current events into the sermon?

2017/8/15 15:58Profile
dohzman

Re: Sermon content

You are talking about making a sermon relevant to today. I believe it is a good practice and do not have the time to comment further but will as soon as I get back from work later tonight. Biblical applications in parallel historical times. great subject.

2017/8/15 17:03Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

How important is it to tie in some current events into the sermon?

As a person who frequently shares God's word, this is what I do. I sit at Lords feet and ask for a word that comes out of his burden for the Church. Sometimes I will be going through an experience in which the Lord will be teaching me something, if I feel appropriate then I will speak on that. So in either case the outline is either from Lord's burden for the Church or something happening in my life.

But the actual presentation of the message may include a current event or even a practical comparison of day today tasks. The presentation is where the gifts come in place so that you can deliver the content in an interesting way. Each preacher has their own style of delivery. I try to imitate Jesus in my style of delivery, Jesus used lot of illustrations, I try the same way as well. I picture my sermon and try to present the picture to the listeners, rather than the plain word.

Now coming back to your question, relating the word with an illustration is important if you want the word to linger in the minds of listeners. The illustration can be from a current world event or some common one like sowing and reaping! In every case the word is more important than the way of presentation.

2017/8/15 19:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy