SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A question on the discipline of the Lord in the life of believers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

A question on the discipline of the Lord in the life of believers

Hey guys, I have a question about the lords discipline in the believers life based off of what I have been experiencing. Last fall i began to ask the Lord if he wanted me to leave my current church for another fellowship. It seemed like he was showing me to stay put, but I really loved the fellowship and the love at this small church. So I began to try to go anyways. It then seemed then that I began to be attacked by evil spirits and my hedge of protection had left me. But, I began to say to myself why would God do that to me for wanting to be apart of another fellowship so I have continued pursuing it even till now and I am still constantly being attacked it seems every second. So today I decided to just let it go and stay where I'm at. Their are many other aspects to this, but does anyone agree to me coming to the conclusion this the lords discipline. I tried everything to cast down these attacks and resist them only for them to get worse and not go away.

2017/8/14 15:13
TMK

NC, USA

Re: A question on the discipline of the Lord in the life of believers

John what do you mean when you say you are being attacked by evil spirits?

2017/8/14 15:20Profile

Re:

Well ever since I adventures in trying to switch churches I would have either this really bad presence come over me which would either bring fear that I would be physically disciplined if I did, or I would actually feel my body get really weak. Like i remember I was going to let my pastor know of my intent of switching churches and I remember this terrible presence came over me similar to what I had in 2012 when I was going through a terrible trial for over a year their. I started going to church regularly and having daily devotions in prayer and in the word and the church was praying for me and I began to heal and I was doing a whole lot better. Then I began to struggle a little again in 2015 with physical attacks on my body but nothing like this past year. I been either getting these constant fear and thoughts that if I switched churches that I was going to go paralysed or that my mind was going to be taken over. I thought to myself that this doesn't sound like from the Lord so I began to resist it and try to walk in the truth that this was lie and that god doesn't speak to you like that. I would find some relief for a few days at the most and then the attacks would start up really bad again and I would try reject them and when I would gain some ground on them i would get attacked in my mind or it seemed something else would go wrong like my wife fighting with me or I would get a flat tire. It just wouldn't go away, it was constant something. Then when I also gained some strength by standing my ground during the day and I thought I was getting somewhere with it, then I would get attacked by what I think we're evil spirits at night. They would try to paralyze my body or last week they were choking me. I would wake up and rebuke them and sometimes I would get peace, but othertimed it would keep happening. The one thing thAt made me think maybe this was not Lord discipline me was I would be fearful to go the other church or I would be attacked when I even thought about going, so I was like okay I don't think the Lord is like this, but because it keeps happening and won't go away and I have had numerous people praying for me including myself I have concluded that it was the Lord telling me to stay where I was at. Where I had been since 2012. The other church My Wife went with me yesterday too, but I was still getting attacked about it. But, brother I am little confused because I was really liking that one a lot. But at the same the one I had been at for five years the Lord has opened the door to reach the youth. I'm confused a little bit. Maybe their is some pride in my heart or selfishness that is making me like the one church over the other. When I look at the scripture I don't find this being wrong unless I am disobeying the Lord revealed will to me.

2017/8/14 17:17
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I personally do not believe the Lord would send demons to torment you.

2017/8/14 18:35Profile
a-servant

Re:

2 Corinthians 3:17  Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

God does not force anyone to stay at a place,
when they want to go somwhere else.

It sounds more like that place where you are right
now has some control over you in a spiritual sense
and not wants to let you go.

It's usually the enemy that forces people to do anything,
not God. The Holy Spirit is very gentle, never pushy,
never forcing anyone to do anything. And you're feeling
a force on you, a force of control.

Control spirits are the direct opposite, they "own"
people as long as possible, and won't let go,
unless you come full under the blood covering
and ask by the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ
to take away all that is not of Him. By faith.

2017/8/14 19:50Profile

Re:

You know this morning I told myself either I am being disciplined by the Lord or their is some really strong spirit controlling me.

2017/8/14 21:43
Sree

One greatest proof that we are in the midst of God's will is, we will receive Grace upon grace! His hedge of protection will be around us, especially in Spiritual area. Hence it is absolutely essential to question whether you are in the midst of God's will, when you feel the protection missing.

I had to move from a place where God had given a ministry for me. I was so confused whether it is God's will. But in the new place, I received a different responsibility and ministry. But more than the ministry, what I really use as a metric to find whether I am in the midst of God's will is, whether i am spiritually progressing in the new place. So for you as well, this will be the greatest metric. If we keep looking at ministry, then we may be deceived.

I would suggest you to question the following and give an honest answer before the Lord,
1. Is there any selfish reason for you to leave the previous Church?
2. Did you go to the new Church because you found the presence of Lord in their midst or for any selfish reason?
3. Do you speak evil of your previous Church which you left?

If there is no selfish reason for leaving the Church and if your reasons are plain and simple, doing God's will, then God will definitely back you up.

2017/8/15 0:56Profile

Re:

I think what I did from 2012 till now was that I was afraid my old problems would come back so I began to live my life like if I didn't do this I would displeased God and my old struggles would come back or if I sinned in would open the door to his discipline or being attacked by demonic spirits. So I began to live a life where I did everything right or what I thought was right like read my bible everyday, pray before I went into work, attend every bible study and church service, make sure my thoughts were in line with God's thoughts and if I thought a bad thought to instantly confess it and repent of it. I was afraid to say anything a lot of times or make judgements. To live in any discernment that could be considered prideful or judgemental. I ended up getting burned out and couldn't do it anymore. So I began to try to break free from what I thought were lies and been trying to live in freedom. The thing is in regards the church I was going to if I tried to make any judgements or discernment I would get attacked and the same thing is happening when I thought about leaving or just attending another I would here thoughts like your going to be disciplined or go paralysed if you do that and I began to believe it. Then I also realized this isn't the truth and I feel worse when I believe like that, so I have been fighting and trying to not believe any voice that says your going to be punished. Problem is that I will walk in that for a few days and then this presence will come over me. A strong presence that will get me to fear extremely bad and make think I did something wrong and will be so powerful in convincing me that I am going to be disciplined I end up giving into it. It's so hard for me to know if it's from the Lord or not. I would say the other would definitely get me on God's word and prayer more as a church to a certain extent, but both churches are big in the word and prayer. I guess I enjoy it more and I love the fellowship their. My attitude has been kind of bad though towards the other church, so i believe I have been a little prideful. You add my confusion in hearing God's voice and that together it just makes it harder.

2017/8/15 14:11
a-servant

Re:

I hope you don't mind me saying this: You seem to stand
on very shaky ground, the hyper-sensibility I read in your
posts reminds me of someone that for some reason has
suppressed the calm, quiet assurance and guidance of
the Holy Spirit.

Do you have a drug history, or take medication at the
current time? Did you ever get "slain in the spirit"?
Any other spiritual influences or practical encounters?

Have you considered to go and reach solid ground
to stand on first before doing anything else.

Like reading the Bible from first to last page in one
go, and prayer. No other spiritual influences.
No conflicting considerations either from people,
any other spirits or any humanly formulated opinion.
Eliminating all possible sources of influence in one go.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil,
and he will flee from you. James 4:7  

When the Holy Spirit is "in competition" with any other
spiritual influence, your focus is not single minded
and guidance is difficult if not impossible because
you never know for sure who is talking to you.

Don't look for guidance before you reach solid ground
first, and stand on the rock of our salvation with a
single and undivided faith.

He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence;
I shall not be greatly moved. Psalms 62:2  

2017/8/16 21:44Profile
Jeremy221

Bible4life, based on your first two posts in this thread, I would say that the reason you are getting so many attacks is because you haven't followed what God has shown you. I have faced similar things at times being when He has clearly shown me what to do but I resisted or gave into temptation.

Personally, I have learned to deal with these types of situations like this:
1. Test the spirits whether they be of Christ
2. Confirm with the Holy Spirit
3. Obey (or disregard if not from God)
4. If there is resistance in obedience, resist the devil and keep going to complete what God has directed
5. Experience the peace of Christ in obedience, usually followed by the Joy of the Lord

I have have also found that Satan will try to insert additional or contrary instructions if the Lord has directed me somehow. Usually the extra instructions lead to large delays in obedience and satisfy some lust of the flesh, soul or spirit.

2017/8/17 6:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy