SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Can we do a study on "Fruitful Growth" in the Faith?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Travis said:

""""""I think we have a tendency in the U.S. to try to boil things down to formulae and steps that we can take. Abiding in Him is not a formula and it does not have steps that we can take. Abiding in Him is simply intimate relationship. If I am in relationship with Him, I will want to spend time in His presence and I will want to fellowship with Him. I will want to read His word so that I can, through the word, be changed more and more into His image. I will want to read His word so that I can know Him more. Abiding means dwelling continually in Him and in His presence. It is having my roots sunk deep into Him so that His Holy Spirit is the sap, if you will, that flows through me so that my branches will bear fruit. Abiding in Him means cutting off things in my life that take me out of continual fellowship with him."""""""

William said:

"""""""So much can be said but many words can cause more confusion than good, SO i WILL ATTEMPT TO KEEP IT AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE :)I agree with bro Travis regarding the simplicity of it: Fleshly works may need a formula but fruit bearing does not, it simply requires that the tree be rooted in the correct soil, or the branch be connected to the vine from which the sap flows and produces fruit. A tree does not "strain" to bear fruit, the fruit appears in season.

The answer is partially in the title of the OP: "Fruitful growth in the faith...
because fruit bearing begins and ends with faith. The fruit of the spirit is borne by faith. Walking in the Spirit is done by faith.

What is this faith? Total dependence upon Christ...Not I but Christ.""""""""

Amen brothers. We do tend to complicate living for Jesus. It reminds me of marriage. You don't have to "try" really hard to get your spouse to love you and accept you. You love your spouse with your heart and would do anything to help them, do for them, or lay your life down because you love them.

By abiding in the relationship, much good fruit comes of that. It's the same way with Jesus.

Im learning that trying to be righteous in my own strength...or trying to keep the letter of the law makes me self righteous, and I have been so wrong in that...not only that, it keeps me from producing any good fruit!

It is only through the precious Holy Spirit living in me that empowers me to live by Faith in Jesus, and frees me to love others as Jesus loves me. There is no greater freedom! Abiding in Jesus causes us to produce much good fruit. Praise God!

2017/8/20 19:52
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"It is only through the precious Holy Spirit living in me that empowers me to live by Faith in Jesus, and frees me to love others as Jesus loves me. There is no greater freedom! Abiding in Jesus causes us to produce much good fruit. Praise God!"

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:4,5).

How often have we attempted to bring forth fruit without being connected to the vine?

Without Him we can do nothing, but we are seeing much activity taking place in almost every church but very little fruit is coming forth. Flesh and blood cannot bring forth fruit through self will and effort.

We are in Christ, and He lives in us. Continuous fellowship and communion with the Lord is possible throughout the day.

Whenever we find ourseleves being distracted, we can quickly turn our hearts and minds back to the Lord, and His presence. Even in the midst of work and taking care of business we can have His joy and peace abiding in our hearts, for it is not I, but it is Christ who is living His life in us and through us.

2017/8/21 9:48Profile

Re:

AbideinHim said:

""""""
How often have we attempted to bring forth fruit without being connected to the vine?

Without Him we can do nothing, but we are seeing much activity taking place in almost every church but very little fruit is coming forth. Flesh and blood cannot bring forth fruit through self will and effort. """"""""

Amen. Just came across this verse, it applies to what you said.

Romans 5: 20 Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, 21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

This is why we get so offended with one another isn't it? We step outside the vine and try to reason according to law, rather than Faith through Christ. Verse 20 jumped out at me this morning! I never saw it this way before. The peace of God is flooding my spirit for the first time. I always viewed God as a task master....but He's not, not even close! When one genuinely walks in Agape love, there won't be offense because love covers a multitude of sins. Jesus IS love. To abide in the vine is to abide in His love! Amen, Thank you Jesus!!

2017/8/23 10:55

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy