Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by AbideinHim
A true Christian that is born again cannot be possessed by an evil spirit, but he can certainly be vexed and oppressed.

Derek Prince gave an excellent explanation, when he was living in Chicago one time, the Lord showed him that the mayor had control of most of the city but did not have control of every street (or neighborhood) in Chicago. There are places that enemy controlled.

(edit) Possession means ownership and no demon can own a Christian.(/edit)

Likewise, the Holy Spirit does not have control of every aspect of our lives (i.e. thoughts, emotions, behaviors, etc). And that was a question that he put forth: Does the Holy Spirit have control of every area of your life? No? Well, the flip side is that neither does the enemy have control of every area in a Christian's life but he may have control of a street or two (or neighborhood).

I hope I explained it correctly, if I didn't please don't blame Derek, blame my explanation and I'll try to find his on a tape somewhere.

God bless,
Lisa

2017/8/17 14:35Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

I was demonized before my conversion.
When I got converted and professed Christ I knew my sins were forgiven. I had an overwhelming encounter with God where I was in a cloud of glory for several days.

However, it was a few weeks later after a pastor lead me through repentance and team of Christians prayed with me that the demons left. Afterwards I had a powerful baptism with the Holy Spirit.

I believe my conversion, though powerful was just the first step that did towards Christ. Conversion must be followed by repentance, water baptism and baptism with the Holy Spirit. To be truly born again includes these four steps.

If I had not had the baptism with the Holy Spirit right afterwards, I am sure these demons would have come back as per Mat 12:43-45.

2017/8/17 16:44Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Likewise, the Holy Spirit does not have control of every aspect of our lives (i.e. thoughts, emotions, behaviors, etc). And that was a question that he put forth: Does the Holy Spirit have control of every area of your life? No? Well, the flip side is that neither does the enemy have control of every area in a Christian's life but he may have control of a street or two (or neighborhood)."

Thank you Lysa! Very good explanation.

2017/8/17 16:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy