Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Basics of Deliverance - Derek Prince

Basics of Deliverance - Derek Prince
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_NgpvS2os

Two Part Series
Controversial, yet scriptural. Deliverance from demonic influence is a relevant and needed ministry in today's church. Drawing on decades of personal experience, Derek Prince imparts the foundational keys to spiritual freedom.
• How to Identify the Enemy
• How to Expel the Enemy

This teaching includes: Part 1
A. Characteristic Activities of Demons:
1. Entice
2. Harass
3. Enslave
4. Defile
5. Deceive
6. Make sick or tired
7. Restless

B. Areas of Residence:
1. Emotions
2. Mind
3. Tongue
4. Sex
5. Lusts
6. Occult
7. All False Religions
8. Heresies
9. Physical Bodies

2017/8/11 15:10Profile
Lysa

East TN (for the time being)

Re: Basics of Deliverance - Derek Prince

What I love about Derek Prince was the basics of deliverance started with himself! He was melancholic his whole life and the Lord revealed a spirit of depression that was a generational spirit, his father had it too.

Well, that's what I remember, if I'm wrong please let me know, I've slept about 2000 nights since I listened to it last!! :)

If Christians would listen to Derek's sermons (not to find fault), there is so much they could learn and then not fear the demonic realm.

Thanks for posting this, Mike!

God bless,
Lisa

2017/8/12 6:12Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

That is true, he knows a lot about activities of demons.
I gleaned a lot from his teachings; especially on Israel, but there are areas where I think he went a bit over the top, like this whole leg growing business that became a fad in many pentecostal and charismatic churches. I went into it myself!
I also credit him that he repented from this heavy shepherding thing.
He was a great gift to the church during the "2nd and 3rd wave" movement.

2017/8/12 6:36Profile
rbanks

Re:

Anytime you look to any other thing other than the Cross of Christ for ones deliverance then we get into error.

2017/8/12 21:56Profile
docs

Re:

From Derek Prince, the cross represents and is the total and irrevocable defeat of Satan.

The men at church here are studying Bro Prince's book "Bought With Blood: The Exchange Made at The Cross." It has been a blockbuster so far as it examines the provisions of God unlocked and provided for us at the cross.

2017/8/13 8:11Profile
staff

Re:

Hi All
Very important and interesting subject to a certain extent.
I asked a question and prayed for an answer to God.
The question a very contraversial one.
Q:Can a Christian have a demon?
A:This is what I believe the answer is.Yes
Why do I say this when it is clear that our Spirits cannot be inhabited by the Holy Spirit and a demon at the same time.
This is what I believe I got insight on:
No where in the bible does it say that a demon inhabits a man's Spirit full stop whether they are Christian or Non Christian.Their is no scripture Ive found that does this.
Taking this into account if we look at the "Pigs and Demons encouter" Matt 8:28- 34.
The demons begged to go into the pigs but animals do not have spirits as men do so the demons were obviously occupying a different place when they entered the pigs other than the "spirit".So we theirfore can deduce that demons can attach themselves to humans bodys or soulish areas but not occupy the spirit.With this in mind then Christians can still have demons effecting and attached/oppressing to them but not "possessed" in the Spirit as no one can be possessed in the Spirit.Our assumtion has been that possession means possession of our Sprits but we should never assume that includes theologians because when you assume u make an ass out off u and me lol ASS U ME

The pigs ran off the cliff either because the demons "self harmed" and pigs had no outlet to do this unlike humans or they got such a fright they stampeded or a mixture of both.Interestingly I think pigs can swim but only for a while then their trotters cut their troats as far as i can remember,
urs staff

2017/8/14 17:38Profile
docs

Re:

I wonder what might be a legitimate example of a demon having residence in one's emotions, thoughts and personality? That is not s gotcha or critical question. It's sincere and a area I've sort of been thinking about lately.

For what reason would they reside in someone's personality? I don't want to talk about and believe it is possible for them to control and influence parts of emotions, thoughts and personalities if they really don't.

2017/8/14 22:40Profile
docs

Re:

How do we know for sure demons can become do entwined in one's personality that one cannot tell they are there even though they supposedly are?

2017/8/16 9:23Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother David,

If you would watch the videos of Derek Prince, you would have your questions answered.

The enemy is looking for some open door in our lives. The open door could be some sin. When we give place to fear, doubt,unbelief, unforgiveness, worry, depression, etc. etc., we are opening a door for the enemy to gain access to areas of our personality.

We must ask the Lord for light, repent of our sins, take authority over any spirit that we have given place to, and close the door in that area, and we must be filled with the Holy Spirit.

A true Christian that is born again cannot be possessed by an evil spirit, but he can certainly be vexed and oppressed.

God has given us the armor of God to put on to keep the enemy out, and He has given us an offensive weapon, the sword of the Spirit so that we can live in victory in every area of our lives.

2017/8/16 14:00Profile
staff

Re:

Hi David.
I agree with Abide in me here but I guess my point is that non Christians cannot have their spirit possessed by a demon either as far as I can see.So we could all be open to opression and vexation which could be termed possession.
The pigs didnt have a spirit but yet were possessed.
When we step from non Christian to being Born again we are not nessacarily instantly freed from the influence or opression,some people are and for some reason perhaps as Abideinme says "open doors" some people arent.In the latter group it seems like a process sometimes years before they overcome urs staff

Qoute by Abideinme:
A true Christian that is born again cannot be possessed by an evil spirit, but he can certainly be vexed and oppressed.

2017/8/16 17:43Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy