SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Judgment Seat or Reward Seat

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

Judgment Seat or Reward Seat

I heard this first few months back in a Baptist Church where I regularly attend their Bible Study. They provide free childcare for my children, hence I find it fruitful to sit in their Bible Study. The Pastor mentioned something like all believers are passed from Judgment seat to Reward Seat. We have passed Judgment and now our life will only determine whether we will be rewarded or not. At first I thought it is another erroneous teachings. But later I heard something in the same line from one of the speakers in SI.

I accept, my knowledge in this subject is very limited. I always thought judgment begins from the household of God. Can someone please elaborate on this subject? What is the scriptural proof for this?

2017/8/10 12:33Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Judgment Seat or Reward Seat

The idea is that works won't save you, but any heavenly reward (which differed for each person) is based on your fruit. The idea of storing up treasures in heaven.

I struggle with idea, because assuredly there is no envy in heaven so if someone has a bigger mansion than someone else, who will care? ;)

2017/8/10 12:47Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

I struggle with idea, because assuredly there is no envy in heaven so if someone has a bigger mansion than someone else, who will care? ;)

I once gave a message on the subject called 'tears in heaven'. I went through few verses in Revelation on tears in heaven. I then gave my explanation on why there were tears. When we see how God has planned our life to be perfect and how much we have messed it up by our rebellion, then tears will automatically flow from our eyes. When we see how Jesus had interceded for us each time we betrayed him, still we kept betraying him, tears will roll down.

But my question is, we have so many verses on Judgment in the New Covenant. How do we believe that they are not applicable for believers?

Hebrews 10:31- 30For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Will God judge believers or will he only call them for Reward. If we kept living in Sin then we will miss our reward but never will we be judged for our sins. Is this a true statement? What is the scriptural proof of it? How do those who believe in it understand Hebrews 10:31?

2017/8/10 12:58Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think the weeping and wailing will occur at the judgment seat of Christ, but then the weeping will be no more.

2017/8/10 13:25Profile
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re:

I believe the best text for this is found here, but there is a lot more to study on this subject brother. This is a good starting point.

1 Corinthians 3

For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

For more research: https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_144.cfm

Blessings,

2017/8/10 14:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Also/

Romans 14:10-12 "So why do you condemn another believer? Why do you look down on another believer? Remember, we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. For the Scriptures say, “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will declare allegiance to God.’” Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God."

That last part is where the weeping and sobbing will occur. But joy comes in the morning, thanks to the exceeding riches of His mercy.

2017/8/10 15:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy