SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Increasing Reality of Nuclear War

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Increasing Reality of Nuclear War

I grew up during the Cold War. The possibility of a nuclear war was always a minute in the minds of Americans during the 50s and 60s. You know lementary school I remember the duck and drill. For those of you younger than me this may seem like unknown tongues to you.

The closest we ever came to nuclear war was during the Cuban Missile Crisis in which John F Kennedy faced down Nikita Khrushchev to remove nuclear missiles from Cuba. 

During that time my uncle volunteered to work for the civil defense and brought home Geiger counters.  As a third grader it did not dawn on me how close we came to nuclear annihilation. Not until I read about it later in high school and college.

But back then we had a doctrin in called mutually assured destruction. It was called ironically the MAD doctrine. The result was if either the United States or the Soviet Union launched a nuclear attack the other would launch a similar attack.  Thus guaranteeing instant annihilation of the planet.  In some insane way this doctrine kept the United States and the Soviet Union from destroying themselves and the rest of the planet.

Back in the 50s and the 60s I think more of a sanity ruled regarding the use of nuclear weapons. Also at that time we were not in the culture of death that we appear to be him now.

But now we are in a different era period in the late 80s and 90s there was some optimism when perestroika and glasnost took root in the Soviet Union. Basically threw an arms race that drained the Soviet Union it was said that Ronald Reagan had conquered the evil empire.

It seemed that a new era of peace and prosperity had dawned And some had even considered the possibility of scaling back nuclear weapons. 
Perhaps eliminating them all together.

Then 9/11 occurred and it became a different world altogether. There was the fight against terrorism. Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq in other parts of the world. The presidencies of Bush and Obama.  And now to where we are at presently.

A short time ago  US Admiral Scott Swift said in a Q&A in Australia that if ordered to he would have no compunction about nuking China. Probably North Korea would be thrown in that too.

Recently Secretary of Defense Gen. Mattis "Mad Dog" Mattis warned North Korea to not bring about the destruction of its people. Mathis indicated the United States would not forgo the use of nuclear weapons to defend itself.  And to bring about the end of North Korea's nuclear program. One can also say to bring about the end of the Korean peninsula. And no telling how much of southern China.  Nuclear radiation does not know any political boundaries.

One wonders if cooler heads prevail in this age as prevailed in the 60's. Both Kennedy and Khrushchev knew the risk of using nuclear weapons.  But given the recent statement by Admiral Scott Swift about not having any compunction using nuclear weapons. One wonders if rational sanity reigns within our President and his military advisors.

It seems daily there is the talk of the use of nuclear weapons as if they were toys. Disregarding the fact that even The limited use of tactical nukes will have devastating consequences on life and property.

The United States  Russia, and China appear to be in another arms race to see who has the biggest nuke.  Add to the fact that North Korea and Iran are developing their nuclear programs.

And then there are the flashpoints of nuclear Pakistan and nuclear India.  Not to mention China, which is a nuclear power, in its present border skirmish with India. Something is bound to happen soon which will result in the use of nuclear weapons.

In the opening paragraph of the book "On the Beach"  the statement is made no one knew how the war began.  It may have begun as a mistake or a miscalculation. But eventually the radiation seeped over the planet.  The world died  not with a bang, but with a whimper.

On the beach was a 1957 Cold War novel eventually made into a movie. It described the last vestiges of humanity living in Australia after a nuclear war. Eventually everyone died from the radiation that resulted in the war between the United States China and Russia.

Perhaps this may be our Legacy. No one really might know how the next nuclear war will begin. But God have mercy on us all when the missiles are launched.

Bro Blaine

2017/8/9 18:13
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: The Increasing Reality of Nuclear War

I personally believe that the "adult" leaders of the world know all about the devastation any kind of war beyond conventional weapons would bring. Now the kid over in N. Korea, I personally believe one of his own would take him out, before they would allow him to launch nuclear weapon towards the US, they know it would be the end of N. Korea and their families as they know it. They've give him a lot of rope, but my guess is when they feel their families lives are at stake, he will come up missing.

2017/8/9 18:32Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

I do not believe that humanity will destroy itself with a nuclear war. Because if it were so, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled?

Yet, there is a great danger of war... Jesus said that there will be wars and rumours of wars.

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."

But there are some wars, I believe, that can be prevented. And we must pray for that, we must pray for wisdom for the rulers. God is above all and He can confound the counsel of the wise men.

2017/8/9 19:43Profile
a-servant

Re:

Apparently they want to land a few 'flying items' a few miles
offshore Guam, to make some kind of point of final warning.

what I wonder is where are they really going with this,
since it's a scripted confrontation of a plan written about 1981
when one of "their writers" US or UK based, I forgot, wrote
about the plan to have a "hair-raising" confrontation in the
"end of days" that involves North Korea. Planned event,
didnt just happen. For what purpose?

It could be an isolated event, but maybe it isn't, at the same
time 755 US embassy staff and diplomats are asked to
leave Russia by September. That's not a good sign.

At the same time there are rising tensions over the
"al-Aqsa Mosque", or the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem
that is said to be rubble one day, blown up by......
let's just say "interest groups" that follow their plan
since a very long time, why they reveal their plans
in books, I have no idea.

If that really happens, there will be some kind of local
and maybe global confrontation within days.

There was this discussion recently about Israel/the Rothchilds
where basically both sides where right and wrong at the same
time. There are two sides interested in Jerusalem for not the
sames reasons. One side wants that Jews and Arabs mutually
kill each other and the "new David" will reign the world from
Jerusalem (the anti Christ and his worldly forces) and then
there is God that lets them work their plan, including the
"greater Isarel according to the promise to Abraham" they
think is their idea, until the real Jesus comes back and
destroys them all. God is in control, despite the visible
facts that the enemy is getting very close to establish
his counterfeit new world order.

2017/8/9 23:39Profile
dohzman

I was in the Heavenlies where there was no place to hide when I saw 2 of the Cherubims dressed in MP uniforms, the one looked directly at me and caused me to pull back a curtain and I looked down into North Korea and saw China with North Korea, NK will fire the gun China gives it and loads. My impressions were that The US will do a Military Police, type war/action on NK. I believe NK will do something foolish and that the US will respond more out of a knee jerk reaction. In heaven I heard the Lord saying that He will set a fish hook in the jaw of America and pull us into war. I also believe that NK believes they have the full backing of China which in the end will betray them, however it will be wise not to come to close to the NK/China boarder and allow history to repeat itself. NK will serve as a distraction for the real threat and while many or most on here do not believe America can be nuked, portions of it will, the Word of God says that the watchmen do watch in vain. I saw Australia being nuked at the same time as the eastern US with missiles coming out of the sea, still can't figure out why Australia. Interesting times we are living in to be sure.

2017/8/10 19:02Profile
a-servant

Re:

Was thinking last night: what about China. NK is the chinese
mainland after all. Imagine Russia or China had a dispute with
let's say Cuba or Mexico and came for a shootout, would the
US stand by and let it happen? Of course not.

so in our case China would probably setup a decoy in the
Pacific and prepare an attack in the Atlantic.

Was Duduman a Christian? He said something related to that.
He did back it up with scripture, Jer 50/51

2017/8/10 22:08Profile
dohzman

Re:

I believe our biggest threat will be Iran

2017/8/10 23:06Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy