SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are you ashamed of the Gospel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Man0fG0d

Are you ashamed of the Gospel?

Greetings Brethren, hope this post finds you all in God health, and looking forward too the coming of the Lord.

ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST?

Some people will boldly quote with the apostle Paul:

Romans 1:16-17- For I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST: for IT IS THE POWER OF GOD UNTO SALVATION TO EVERYONE THAT BELIEVETH; to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

But are they really not ashamed?

Many of these people seem to be ashamed, embarrassed, and afraid to claim anything Paul mentioned after that.

After that Paul talks about God's wrath being revealed against wicked men because they reject the truth of God (Romans 1:18), men refusing to acknowledge God as the Creator and being without excuse before Him (Romans 1:19-20), men being vain with darkened, foolish, unthankful hearts for rejecting the truth of God (Romans 1:21-22), making a God into their own image (Romans 1:23-25), and then giving himself up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own heart, dishonoring their own bodies (Romans 1:24).

Here we see the downward spiral man must go into to accept and normalize homosexuality.

When it comes to mentioning anything about this sin most people are ashamed, embarrassed, and cowardly to speak out and stand against it because of the social stigma and opposition that goes along with it.

Romans 1:26-28- For THIS CAUSE GOD GAVE THEM UP UNTO VILE AFFECTIONS: FOR EVEN THEIR WOMEN DID CHANGE THE NATURAL USE INTO THAT WHICH IS AGAINST NATURE;

and LIKEWISE ALSO THE MEN, LEAVING THE NATURAL USE OF THE WOMAN, BURNED IN THEIR LUST, ONE TOWARD ANOTHER; MEN WITH MEN WORKING THAT WHICH IS UNSEEMLY,and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

And EVEN AS THEY DID NOT LIKE TO RETAIN GOD IN THEIR KNOWLEDGE, GOD GAVE THEM OVER TO A REPROBATE MIND, TO DO THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE NOT CONVENIENT;

Ten verses after the apostle Paul inspired by God declares how he was not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, he describes the downward spiral of man rejecting the truth of God, how it results in homosexuality and how God is opposed to it and what His Word says about it.

Many people who claim they are not ashamed of the gospel of Christ with the apostle Paul never seem to mention, preach about or condemn the sins Paul talks about after that.

Jesus said:

Mark 8:38- Whosoever therefore SHALL BE ASHAMED OF ME AND OF MY WORDS IN THIS ADULTEROUS AND SINFUL GENERATION; OF HIM ALSO SHALL THE SON OF MAN BE ASHAMED, WHEN HE COMETH IN THE GLORY OF HIS FATHER WITH THE HOLY ANGELS.

Jesus did not just say whosoever would be ashamed of Me I will be ashamed.

He said whosoever shall be ashamed of Me and OF MY WORDS I WILL BE ASHAMED.

Many are claiming they are not ashamed of Jesus Christ or His gospel but they are ashamed of his words.

Jesus is the Word of God (John 1:1, John 1:14, Revelation 19:13) and all scripture is given by inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16).

If you are ashamed of His words then you are ashamed of Him.

You cannot be for the positive but not for what is considered negative by society and culture.

If you only oppose sins that are not deemed politically incorrect then you are a man pleaser, ashamed of the gospel, ashamed of Christ, a friend of the world and an enemy of God.

That is called being a friend of the world which makes you an enemy of God (James 4:4, 1 John 2:15-16).

It is called being ashamed of His words in this adulterous and sinful generation that embraces, accepts and tolerates what He condemns.

You cannot defend, justify and coddle what Jesus was nailed to the cross for and why a place called Hell was necessary.

Jesus came and died to save sinners (including homosexuals) because they are condemned (John 3:16-21).

All comments and feedback is appreciated. Iron sharpens iron. God bless.

2017/8/9 12:05Profile

Re: Are you ashamed of the Gospel?

So Elijah. How do you define the gospel?

Bro Blaine

2017/8/9 12:49
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

That's a good starting question Bear.

I would only add that when the simple gospel is shared it is not necessary to preach the entire Bible.

A person might be reticent to discuss some controversial aspects of scripture in some situations yet not be ashamed of the gospel.

For example, I do not need to bring up the slaughter of the Canaanite children by the Israelites when sharing the gospel. I am not afraid to discuss that in a proper context but I don't need to do so when sharing the simple gospel.

2017/8/9 15:46Profile

Re:

So what is the simple gospel?

Bro Blaine

2017/8/9 16:44
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I'm waiting for Elijah's answer.

2017/8/9 16:51Profile
savannah

Re: answer

So Elijah...I will ask you once again, what is your age?

The reason I ask is because you strike me as a zealous young man.

And remember, no lying!

Fill in the blank;

I am ____ years of age.

2017/8/9 18:33Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Sorry to keep you waiting brethren, i have been very busy. I have tried posting my answer several times today, but service at the farm goes in and out. Thank you for your patience with me.

Bearmaster, that is a great question.

The bible defines the gospel beginning in mark 1:1-15:when John the Baptist came preaching repentance! Jesus preached repent and believe the gospel. Every preacher afterward preached repentance from sin and faith in Christ.

The EVERLASTING GOSPEL according to Revelation 14:6-7 is to FEAR GOD!

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 KJVS
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. [14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

1 John 3:4-5,22-24 KJVS
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. [5] And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. [22] And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. [23] And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. [24] And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 5:1,3-5,9-13 KJVS
Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. [3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. [4] For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. [5] Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? [9] If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. [10] He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. [11] And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. [12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. [13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The Gospel is the Word of God, Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:1-4 KJVS
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [2] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. [3] For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: [4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Again, sorry for the late reply. God bless

2017/8/9 21:37Profile
a-servant

Re:

Good message, and three failed attempts to derail its content by redirecting our attention to its messenger.lol.

Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. Psalms 25:3

And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. 1 John 2:28

2017/8/10 6:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

No derailing here. It's a simple question.

There is the gospel, then there is the gospel plus "X".

The gospel plus "X" is not the gospel at all. Just ask the foolish Galatians.

2017/8/10 10:26Profile
proudpapa

The Gospel of Grace

http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/1990s/ts920413.html

2017/8/10 10:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy