SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are you a liar?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

God speaks about his forgiveness in Ezekiel 33 "nor will the wicked behavior of wicked people destroy them if they repent and turn from their sins". John the baptist also taught repentance and forgiveness of sins. Under the new covenant, it was not just the sacrifice of Christ alone that saves us. For grace is only given to the born again. and how are you born again? It is through repentance and water baptism.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.Galatians 5:1

2017/8/8 15:39Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Thanks for the Feedback everyone. I will reply when I get more time.

1 John 2:3-4 KJV
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Thats Bible. Just remember you're not arguing with anyone except the Word of God.

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

James 2:10-24 KJV
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point , he is guilty of all. [11] For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. [12] So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. [13] For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. [14] What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? [15] If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, [16] And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? [17] Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. [18] Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. [19] Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. [20] But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? [21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? [22] Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? [23] And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. [24] Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

2017/8/8 16:15Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

2017/8/8 17:24Profile
savannah

Re: Are you a liar?

Just wondering Elijah...how old you might be. If that is too personal I understand. Could you just say, like, under 30, or under 40,or under 50.

Thanks for posting this. And I'm not lying either!

2017/8/8 18:39Profile
havok20x

Re:

A text without context is a pretext for a proof text.

2017/8/8 18:54Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Stiritup:

I like the name. You asked is going to church a commandment?

Hebrews 10:25 KJV
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is ; but exhorting one another : and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Jesus was faithful to church. The Apostles were faithful to church. If Christ lives in you, you will go to church. I was glad when they said unto me let us go into the house of the Lord.

You asked is tithing a commandment?

Malachi 3:8-12 KJV
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. [10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it . [11] And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts. [12] And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

Abraham paid tithes before the law was established. Nowhere did Jesus abolish tithing. Jesus Christ told the Pharisees

Matthew 23:23 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

--------------

You asked when did our Lord or the Apostles speak this way? We read in the first Scripture that the Apostle John spoke this way. Apostle Paul said we use great plainness of speech. He says in

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, [10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

James said if you are a friend of the world, then you are an enemy of God.

Jesus said in Matthew 13 everything that offends Him will be gathered by His angels and thrown into the fiery furnace.

Jesus was and still is very narrow minded. He preached if you don't repent you will perish! He preached you must be born again to go to heaven. He preached that He was THE ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER! He said in John 10:1 that if someone tried to climb up some other way into the sheepfold they were nothing but a thief and a...liar.

Talk about rough preaching!

2017/8/8 19:38Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Bearmaster,

How are you?

Of course he does, do you remember what the people told Jesus?

John 6:60-61 KJV
Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this , said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? [61] When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

That is why the Bible says Matthew 7:13-14 KJV
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The truth is offensive, that's how one knows they don't have it. Jesus Christ is offensive bro Bearmaster.

Jesus Christ said think not that I am come to bring peace but a sword.

Peter himself rebuked Christ when The Lord told them He was going to die.

Should we then water it down because we know it will offend people?

Do you think it was considered offensive when Jesus said if you are not born of the Spirit you will not enter into the kingdom of God? Do you think Jesus was concerned about how people viewed him when He went into the temple with a whip, whipped them out and flipped the tables over?

1 Peter 4:17-18 KJV
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? [18] And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

2017/8/8 19:49Profile
Sree

Re: TMK

Quote:

//But the moment we stop doing it and live a substandard life. We become a liar and the truth in not in us. //

How many days, hours, minutes, seconds? can go by before we are a liar?

Take a pig, clean it and keep it in middle of the house. It will still run to the gutter and jump and live in it. But a cat when it falls into gutter by accident, it will immediately cleanse itself, by licking off the dirt!

When a person is truly born again, his nature changes from Pig to cat. He does not need to be restrained by chains to prevent him from running to gutter. Nor does a cat need to know how long it is allowed to swim in the gutter before it is rejected. Only Pigs need answers to such questions! That is why the Bible has no answers to such questions because it expects us to be like cats not pigs!

A born again person can live with freedom. Even if he accidentally falls into gutter, he will raise up immediately and cleanse himself with the previous blood of Christ.

Quote:

It sounds like what Jesus did for us stands on exceedingly shaky ground.

The righteousness that we receive from Christ is called Justification. God looks at us, as if we have not sinned. But this justification is positional. It is based on our position in Christ. As long as we abide in Christ we are completely righteous before God, even if we have plenty of unknown sins.

1 John 2:6- Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked.

The positional righteousness that we get from Jesus is applicable only when we abide in Jesus which according to 1 John 2:6 is to walk as Jesus walked. The moment we turn from the way of Jesus, we no longer abide in him. The positional righteousness is no longer applicable to him.

2017/8/8 19:52Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

JFW, thanks for commenting. Those are great Scriptures.

The publican said God be merciful to me a sinner. That's why Jesus said He was justified, he was repenting and asking for forgivenes!

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

1 John 1:6-7 KJV
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: [7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 2:3-6 KJV
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [4] He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. [5] But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. [6] He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

2017/8/8 20:02Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Sree-
That sounds wonderful but totally ignores reality. Christians are not always in a perfect state of mind so that they will do all things perfectly at the perfect time. Again I am no proponent of hyper grace but I am a proponent of plain old grace, which is pretty amazing. Nor am I a proponent of OSAS but I certainly don't think a person can lose their salvation because they had a bad day. Please.

2017/8/8 20:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy