SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : 50 Year Old Prophecy from Tozer and a Saint's Comment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

50 Year Old Prophecy from Tozer and a Saint's Comment

Hello dear saints,
I was on Bro. Frank's blog this morning. He posted a prophecy from Bro. Tozer given 50 years ago, which I believe we are seeing the fulfillment even now. But it was a comment from a brother that really touched me to the core. I am posting only the comment because I believe this brother is describing much of what is being experienced by many of us who are in the wilderness:

PROPHETIC WORD FROM 50 YEARS AGO – A. W. TOZER

“Let me go out on a limb a little bit and prophesy. I see the time coming
when all the holy men whose eyes have been opened by the Holy Spirit will
desert worldly Evangelicalism, one by one. The house will be left desolate
and there will not be a man of God, a man in whom the Holy Spirit dwells,
left among them.

I hear Jesus saying…Mat 23:37-38: “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one killing
the prophets and stoning those who are sent to her, how often would I have
gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chicks under her
wings, and you would not! Behold, your house is left to you desolate”

As the Church now stands, the man who sees this condition of worldly
evangelicalism is written off as somewhat fanatical. But the day is coming
when the house will be left desolate and there will not be a man of God
among them. I would like to live long enough to watch this develop and see
how things turn out. I would like to live to see the time when the men and
woman of God-holy, separated and spiritually enlightened-walk out of the
evangelical church and form a group of their own; when they get off the
sinking ship and let her go down in the brackish and worldliness and form a
new ark to ride out the storm”

Brother's comment:
"These souls of which Tozer speaks have seen something, something has touched them deeply, there is a deep, inner working out in the wilderness that others know little about. He has been teaching them like He taught His disciples long ago. They are intimate with Him in a way religious people cannot truly comprehend, They have rested their head on His bosom and they can feel what is in His heart. They cry alone, suffering many losses, betrayals, abandonments, confusion and they have sweat much blood in their walk with their Lord. There are few if any outward indications they are even there at all, some have a web site or blog perhaps, but the religious ones find nothing there for them. While the many talk and talk and learn over and over and over again about being saved, being born – they (those in the wilderness) only want to know Him, to enter into His love and life so that they can know Him. While so many have merely a proof text, they have a testimony, they have a stone that has been rolled away. The life they now live is rooted and grounded and animated by the One who came into the world. There food is the meat of bloody experience where spirit touches bone. Milk no longer satisfies them. The fruit for the religious tree of knowledge no longer tempts them. They rather walk naked, free, unashamed, honestly and openly with their Lord and Life. While so many are always learning but never getting deeper, they have hone up to the third heaven, they have been changed forever. Their prayers are often washed in tears, they are tired of going on in themselves, in the power of the old creation. They love Him like a lover loves. They give all that a lover gives. They are one with Him like a lover is one. They answer to the new name He has given them. While fear drives the many – fear of hell, fear of death, fear of being wrong, they have entered the veil into His most perfect love. The law of their life, that which governs everything, is not list or code, but a living spirit, a heavenly principle, an abiding and shared heart. They leave to follow Him outside the camp, outside the walls, outside the world, and they join Him on that lonesome hillside, to be taught, to be fed, to be changed forever. They have no flag, no group, no kin, no affiliation, for they are orphans in this world. It is for these alone that He is coming. Oh Lord come quickly. amen."

2017/8/5 9:52Profile

Re: 50 Year Old Prophecy from Tozer and a Saint's Comment

••• Brother's comment:
"These souls of which Tozer speaks have seen something, something has touched them deeply, there is a deep, inner working out in the wilderness that others know little about. He has been teaching them like He taught His disciples long ago. They are intimate with Him in a way religious people cannot truly comprehend, They have rested their head on His bosom and they can feel what is in His heart. They cry alone, suffering many losses, betrayals, abandonments, confusion and they have sweat much blood in their walk with their Lord. There are few if any outward indications they are even there at all, some have a web site or blog perhaps, but the religious ones find nothing there for them. While the many talk and talk and learn over and over and over again about being saved, being born – they (those in the wilderness) only want to know Him, to enter into His love and life so that they can know Him. While so many have merely a proof text, they have a testimony, they have a stone that has been rolled away. The life they now live is rooted and grounded and animated by the One who came into the world. There food is the meat of bloody experience where spirit touches bone. Milk no longer satisfies them. The fruit for the religious tree of knowledge no longer tempts them. They rather walk naked, free, unashamed, honestly and openly with their Lord and Life. While so many are always learning but never getting deeper, they have hone up to the third heaven, they have been changed forever. Their prayers are often washed in tears, they are tired of going on in themselves, in the power of the old creation. They love Him like a lover loves. They give all that a lover gives. They are one with Him like a lover is one. They answer to the new name He has given them. While fear drives the many – fear of hell, fear of death, fear of being wrong, they have entered the veil into His most perfect love. The law of their life, that which governs everything, is not list or code, but a living spirit, a heavenly principle, an abiding and shared heart. They leave to follow Him outside the camp, outside the walls, outside the world, and they join Him on that lonesome hillside, to be taught, to be fed, to be changed forever. They have no flag, no group, no kin, no affiliation, for they are orphans in this world. It is for these alone that He is coming. Oh Lord come quickly. amen." •••

This sounds like those remnanant saints who have gone outside the camp of organized religion and seeking Jesus. This sounds like those remnant saonts who are taking up His cross and bearing His reproach.

Simply my thoughts from outside the camp and at the foot of the cross.

Bro Blaine

2017/8/5 10:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy