Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bullet Points from the Cross

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Bullet Points from the Cross

The cross is the only source of grace and power to make all other good advice work.

If we do not give the cross its rightful place at the center of our lives, our faith loses its meaning and power.

The only source of the power in the life of the Christian is the cross.

The real source of strength and wisdom for the Christian lies in the cross.

The complete provision of God is always released through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.

"Consider the work of Calvary. A perfect work. Perfect in every respect. Perfect in every aspect." (Interpretation of tongues message given in 1943)

"It is finished." (John 19:30)

What Jesus did for me on the cross contained all I would ever need for time and eternity - physically, spiritually, materially, emotionally.

Through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross an exchange took place that unlocks all the treasures of God's provision.

Every need of every descendant of Adam has been totally provided for through the one sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.

The cross is the center of all God's provision.

All the evil due, by justice, to come to us came on Jesus, so that all the good due to Jesus, earned by His sinless obedience, might be made available to us.

By His one sacrifice He made provision for all the needs of the whole human race in every area of our lives, for time and eternity.

The total evil inheritance of our sin-cursed race came on Christ. And when He was buried, it was all buried with Him. Our evil nature inherited from Adam was put away. Finished. Put out of sight.

Then when Jesus rose from the dead, He arose as the Second Man, a new kind of man, the beginning of the Emmanuel race, the God-man race. Everyone who is born again through faith in Jesus' death and resurrection becomes part of this new Emmanuel race. MAKE SURE THIS IS VERY CLEAR TO YOU.

(From Chs 1-3 - "Bought with Blood: The Exchange at the Cross" - by Derek Prince - copyright 2000)

2017/8/2 6:54Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Bullet Points from the Cross

Quote: "Everyone who is born again through faith in Jesus' death and resurrection becomes part of this new Emmanuel race. MAKE SURE THIS IS VERY CLEAR TO YOU."

Made me think of what Paul said in Galatians {6:15} "For in Christ Jesus neither
circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a
new creature. {6:16} And as many as walk according to this
rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of
God."

Blessings,

2017/8/2 7:26Profile
docs

Re: Meanwhile, Christ is not remotely the second Adam

What Christ bore on the cross:

He was bruised for our iniquities
The Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all

iniquity - rebellion - avon (Hebrew)

avon in full means

- all of our rebellion (iniquity)
- all the evil consequences of rebellion
- the punishment of rebellion
- all that rebellion brings on those who are guilty

On the cross Christ bore the total evil inheritance of our sin-cursed race. On the cross Christ became totally identified with and bore everything evil that any man, woman or child ever did.

When Christ was buried, all of our evil nature and evil inheritance from Adam was buried with Him. Buried. Finished. Put out of sight.

45 So it is written, "The first man became a living being
(or a living soul)." The last Adam became a life-giving Spirit. (I Cor 15:45)

Jesus was the LAST ADAM because of all He bore that was buried with Him.

47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. (I Cor 15:47)

I'm coming to see it is a very important distinction to understand. Christ is not "the second Adam" but the LAST ADAM who became a life-giving Spirit and the SECOND MAN. It can be to our great edification I think to understand this.

2017/8/5 23:05Profile
docs

Re:

If our sin nature was bore and done away with by Chtist at the cross it has staggering implications. Why is it many times the last place we look to in our struggle against sin? Instead of instinctively looking to the cross we almost instinctively still look for other ways to achieve victory. Do we still try by our efforts to achieve what has already been done? Is the cross our source of strength or do we use it as something to fall back on when all else fails? I'm not scolding but just wondering. I need it more than anyone. Is the cross at the center of our thinking and living?

Blessings.

2017/8/8 6:38Profile
yuehan

Re:

Quote:
If our sin nature was bore and done away with by Christ at the cross it has staggering implications. Why is it many times the last place we look to in our struggle against sin? Instead of instinctively looking to the cross we almost instinctively still look for other ways to achieve victory. Do we still try by our efforts to achieve what has already been done? Is the cross our source of strength or do we use it as something to fall back on when all else fails? I'm not scolding but just wondering. I need it more than anyone. Is the cross at the center of our thinking and living?

Amen.

May we all come to a fuller knowledge - both theological and experiential - of the finished work of Jesus Christ.

2017/8/8 9:47Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: The cross and our sin nature

Hi David,

Yes, we know that in Christ, we died to sin and were made alive unto God, according to Paul's letter to the Romans.
We, therefore, must "reckon" (an accounting term) ourselves dead to sin. Reckon as in: The work has been done, now take your place in that fact and rest upon its truth. If indeed, we are in Christ by faith, then this is true of us also.

Romans 7 verse 21 to 25: "21So I find this law at work: Although I want
to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my
inner being I delight in God’s law; 23but I see another
law at work in me, waging war against the
law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the
law of sin at work within me. 24What a wretched
man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of
death? 25Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

2017/8/8 10:45Profile
docs

Re:

After studying the atonement new and fresh recently can't we correctly believe and stand upon the reality that our inner man, a new creation, born again and united with Christ is truly incorruptible and can't sin. If so, and I believe it then isn't this where victory originates from? My old man died with Christ at the cross, at the atonement, so the new man might live in me. When we sin in the flesh or transgress with our bodies or minds we feel bad and condemned and we think this is the condition of our inner man. Not so! Every need of every descendant of Adam was totally provided for by Jesus' sacrifice on the cross and a varying on again off again new man wasn't one of the things provided.

2017/8/8 23:13Profile
Sree

Most of the bullet points have no scriptural backing what so ever. They are clear additions to God's word. What Jesus has done on the cross is very essential for salvation but it is not the source of power. If Cross alone can empower us, then why did Jesus promise the Holy Spirit to disciples to empower them? He could have said my cross will empower you, do not wait!

All these teachings on finished work of Jesus that takes the cross beyond what it is, is equally a lie like how someone ignores the cross. In God's eyes, adding and deleting to his Word are the same and deserves the same punishment.

Give the ministry of Christ the due place and ministry of Holy Spirit his due place in salvation.

2017/8/9 7:39Profile
docs

Re: A bit of presumption

I'm well aware of the role God intends for the Holy Spirit to play in our lives as the Spirit helps us appropriate in our personal lives what occurred for us at the cross. The last three chapters of Bro Prince's book we are studying are dedicated to and written to instruct us on the all important role and ministry of the Holy Spirit on our appropriation of the cross and salvation.

It was Paul who in I Cor 1:18 described the cross as the wisdom and power of God.

You mentioned nearly all of the points I made have no scriptural basis. You mentioned a few but not nearly all. So which ones are you referring to and why.

Thank you.

2017/8/9 12:15Profile
Sree

Quote:

You mentioned nearly all of the points I made have no scriptural basis. You mentioned a few but not nearly all. So which ones are you referring to and why.

How about you give me a scriptural proof of each of the bullet point?

The crux of this belief in FINISHED WORK OF JESUS is, "What Jesus did for me on the cross contained all I would ever need for time and eternity - physically, spiritually, materially, emotionally."

This I believe is totally against the scripture. What Jesus did on the cross is applicable to us positional. It makes us eligible for this mighty salvation. But it is not that everything that should be done for us is already FINISHED.

If it is so then, Phil 1:8 says - For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. There is more work that is being done even after the sacrifice of the cross by Godhead. It is not that the work of Godhead was FINISHED with Cross with respective to man.

Even our salvation is not complete at the cross. It only BEGINS at the cross. Romans 5:10 is very clear -

Romans 5:10-For if, when we were enemies of God, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life!

There is more to salvation that believers are supposed to receive by the resurrected life of Jesus. If we just keep admiring the cross and stop at the FINISHED work of Jesus, then when will we progress to this more of salvation promised in the scripture?

See I am willing to agree with those points that says Cross gives us access to salvation. But I cannot agree that everything was finished with cross and there is nothing to be done by both man and God. This is clearly unscriptural, no matter how sweet it sounds!

2017/8/9 19:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy