SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Raised from the dead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
dspks

Dakotas

Re: What Does the BIBLE say?

"I bear no malice toward anybody"

Excluding the miracles of Jesus which proved without doubt his Divinity...(and the miracles of the apostles which validated their position as apostles.)

Is this verse true???

“And as it is appointed unto men ONCE to die, but after this the judgment:” Hebrews 9:27

One death... One judgement...

Are we talking about people who may have thought they had died... OR had a "taste" of death?

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the SHADOW of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” Psalms 23:4

Biblical "death" is final...

Biblical "death" leads to Judgement.

Being close to death or "brought back to life" doesn't (in my thinking) qualify as Biblical Death.

I admit, I am guilty of a simple faith... I am not saying that people may have THOUGHT they had died or had the "shadow of death" come over them.

I refuse to cut this verse out of my Bible.

2017/8/1 18:51Profile
dohzman

Re:

What I have personally witnessed, blind eyes being opened, deaf ears being opened, open ulcers instantly healed with new flesh covering the open /wound area.I have seen a cripple woman walk again, one who was wheel chair bound.Most I witnessed and was present, I have seen both demonic manifestations as well as mental issues both of which had very different ministerings and physical reactions to the Word of God and ministry of the Holy Spirit. As to the various deliverances instant as well as those over time I have seen many. Physical healings of all sorts I have seen many, both instant and over a period time.

The real danger in dissecting everything of this nature is not only losing the real but learning how to walk in fear and doubt rather than faith and truth.

2017/8/1 19:01Profile
followthelamb

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Re:

So thankful for each of you sharing your testimonies of what the Lord has done and is doing. He lives! He is the same yesterday, today and forever, even as it is written. Worthy is the Lamb!

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives to the death." Revelation 12:11

2017/8/1 20:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Blaine,

I believe you. Living in tornado alley we see our share of tornadoes as well - at least one every year somewhere in our county. The one that hit Tuscaloosa a few years ago went through here, joined with another that went south of us and wrecked a lot in AL after inflicting damage here, as well. The most amazing thing is how few people actually get killed. This I attribute ot the protecting power of God, warning folks that life is fragile and they need to get right with God NOW because they may die anytime soon.

Sandra

2017/8/2 10:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Apostles had a unique great power and authority

I have no doubt about the Holy Spirit's ability to raise the dead but why would a saint want to be raised from the dead? If you believe a saint has gone to be with the LORD, why would a person want to bring back someone else who has to deal with the ugliness that characterizes modern life? Now, if the person is an unbeliever, I would wish to have them raised so they could repent, but then that may not happen either.

Just my thoughts on this issue.

Sandra

2017/8/2 11:01Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

As believers we should all know and expect the everyday miracles from God, right? I think just asking the question "raised from the dead" just barely touches on God's abilities. I understand the sincerely of the question, but as Christians, we don't know exactly what God does everyday. There are places on earth, God works his miracles everyday, and no one ever knows, except of course the ones living there. With no internet, TV, radio, etc. Just a simple believer in the middle of nowhere, Christ can work through them, matter fact, I would less of a problem believing someone like that, than a TV pastor or evangelist that has something to gain. Maybe this thread should have been titled different, like "Everyday Miracles You Have Witnessed From God" Why "Raised from the dead" is anything really to hard for God?

2017/8/2 14:26Profile

Re:

•••As believers we should all know and expect the everyday miracles from God, right? I think just asking the question "raised from the dead" just barely touches on God's abilities. I understand the sincerely of the question, but as Christians, we don't know exactly what God does everyday. There are places on earth, God works his miracles everyday, and no one ever knows, except of course the ones living there. With no internet, TV, radio, etc. Just a simple believer in the middle of nowhere, Christ can work through them, matter fact, I would less of a problem believing someone like that, than a TV pastor or evangelist that has something to gain. Maybe this thread should have been titled different, like "Everyday Miracles You Have Witnessed From God" Why "Raised from the dead" is anything really to hard for God?•••

Bill I have posted such a thread. I entitled it
Stories of God's Miraculous Intervention. I posted three stories where God has done those everyday miracles you've talked about. At least those everyday miracles in my life. I have invited others on the forum to come and post their stories. So far none have accepted the invitation. I guess that thread is not controversial enough.

I like your title though. I think I will retitled the thread everyday miracles from God or something like that.

If you do have a story to share brother you are more than welcome to come on the thread and share it. I think it would do us good if we would post how God has worked in our lives on an everyday basis. It would be encouraging to the other readers.

Bro Blaine

2017/8/2 15:21

Re:Brother Bill

Brother I borrowed your titled and retitled my thread everyday Miracles you Have Witnessed from God. I have shared three stories where God has certainly done miracles in my life. Get a sense they were quite dramatic for me.

But even in small miracles anything from God is always significant. I hope others will come and share what God has done in their life through those everyday miracles.

However I suspect not many will respond as the thread I started as it is not controversial. Anyway bro hope you don't mind me borrowing your title. I like it.

Bro Blaine

2017/8/2 15:31
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I have never witnessed anyone being raised from the dead, but I have read of many accounts of this happening, and the creator of all life can certainly breathe back that life into the dead and cause them to live again. There are many people that have died, been revived, and have witnessed of their experiences.

Jesus said this: "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do, and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father." (John 14:12).

The greatest miracle is the new birth in which a sinner that is dead in his trespasses and sins receives the life of Jesus and is born again.

"Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life and will not come under judgment . Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life." (John 5:24).

Smith Wigglesworth witnessed the dead raised to life in his own ministry. Here is a testimony of one such event:

"That I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings. Philippians 3:10
One day I saw a woman with tumors. In the condition she was in, she could not live out that day. I said, “do you want to live?”
She could not speak, but she was able to move her finger. In the name of Jesus, I anointed her with oil. Mr. Fisher, who was with me, said “she’s gone!”
It had been a little blind girl who had led me to this dying mother’s bedside. Compassion broke my heart for that child. I had said to the mother, “lift your finger.” Carrying the mother across the room, I put her against the wardrobe. I held her there, I said “in the name of Jesus, death, come out.”
Like a falling tree, leaf after leaf, her body began moving. Upright instead of lifeless, her feet touched the floor. “In then name of Jesus walk,” I said. She did, back to her bed.
I told the story in the service. It was a doctor there who said “I’ll prove that.” He saw her and confirmed that the story was true. She told the doctor: “it is all true. I was in heaven and I saw countless numbers all like Jesus. He pointed, and I knew I had to go. Then I heard a voice saying, “Walk in the name of Jesus.”
There is power in his resurrection. There is a “righteousness which is from God by faith” Philippians 3:9. Are we able to comprehend it? Can we have it? It is his love. It is his life in us. It is his compassion.

We are on probation to slay the enemy and destroy the kingdom of darkness, to move among satanic forces and subdue them in the name of Jesus."

2017/8/2 15:43Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

...and Smith Wigglesworth spoke with tongues ( that the unlearned call gibberish) and walked in miraculous dimensions we only hope for...and guess what? No accusation of weirdness or immorality or any other failure against him, as far as I know....

2017/8/2 15:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy