SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Raised from the dead

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Thanks William. One thing I have found is that the most profound HS experiences I have had are the simplest.

I used to pray every Saturday morning at 7 am with a core group of believers. This went on for a couple of years and that time was amazing.

One morning as we arrived the lights in the room were dimmed and there was a candle burning on the table. We could see little simple place settings at the table. As we entered, the brother who led the prayer time hugged each of us and said "there is a place prepared for you." That simple statement in that moment shook me to the core and still affects me to this day. There is no doubt in my mind that his statement combined with our taking communion together was a prophetic utterance from the HS.

One thing I have found regarding statements that would seem or claim to be prophetic(in the sense they are directly from the Lord) is that I know them when I hear them, and these are few and far between but precious when they occur.

2017/8/1 8:27Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Thanks Blaine,

Be it unto you according to your faith, brother.

Blessings,

2017/8/1 8:46Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Raised from the dead

Before I became a Christian I was suicidal and mentally ill. I have been delivered from a handful of demons after my conversion.

These demons left me while throwing me onto the floor with shaking and convulsions. They spoke out of my mouth without my control. One after the other left me with a shriek. Right after this they laid hands on me to be filled with the Holy Spirit. I was just weeks into the faith and had no doctrinal understanding of these things. I just prayed that whatever is from God I desperately want it after I had been demonized for such a long time.

That night the Holy Spirit came in power over me and I spoke in tongues.

The pastor who prayed for me with a group of believers knew this business. If that pastor had not known about casting out demons and baptism of the Spirit, I would probably had been overcome by these demons again and not be sitting here writing these lines but rotting in a grave.

I will be ever grateful for that. For me it was a matter of life and death. I later found scriptural support for everything that happened to me.

I understand that this is not a normative experience for most of you, but I testify this here to the glory of God.

If anyone wants to contest this, I refer to Mary Magdalene who was frowned upon by the Pharisees and Jesus put them to shame.

2017/8/1 8:47Profile
StirItUp

Re:

Praise the Lord Narrowpath!

For me there are few things more wonderful than a person being set free from demonic oppression or possession.

It is as if a great light suddenly shines upon their faces and all darkness is dispelled!

Glory to God!

2017/8/1 8:50Profile
dohzman

Re:

That specific manifestation I have not yet personally seen but the others I can speak to out in life, like deaf ears being opened, open sores being instantly healed an new flesh in that spot, things like that, not sure if that's what you are looking for.? Normally speaking the times when I do not see these things happen is because I personally neglect obedience to do what the Holy Spirit is prompting me to do or say, at times because I do not what to be bothered, just keeping it real brother, I wrestle big time with "self", and I never talk about those things except here because I do not my heart and head lifted up in pride. I will say this, just as Jesus was in this life , we are, or at the very least we can be. Just simply ask and you will receive than just trust and obey the leading of the Holy Spirit.

2017/8/1 8:51Profile
StirItUp

Re:

Testify, dear brother! We know Whom we serve and we give Him all the glory!

2017/8/1 8:56Profile

Re: Raised from the dead

Praise God for all of your testimonies ...thank you for sharing them. Our Lord is still the same today as He was yesterday. All glory, honor, and praise be to Jesus our Lord. He is so worthy!

Brother Dave,
this may not be what you are looking for, but when I came to truly know Jesus as Lord and Savior, He raised my life from the dead. That is the greatest miracle of all. I was dead in sin and shame, and Jesus gave me life. He delivered me from depression, I tried to commit suicide a couple of times and almost died. The doctors said, "somebody up there loves you, because your body has absorbed 3 bottles of medication and every one of your vital organs should be severely damaged, but they are healthy...you should be dead".

The doctors told me I would be depressed and on medication for the rest of my life. I was on several medications for 13 years...for depression, sleep, anxiety, etc.... I haven't been on any now in 17 years. I was born with a deformed hip, was prayed for, Jesus healed my hip. I would have walked with a severe limp for the rest of my life. My mom saw the x-rays before and after. I walk, run, no problems.

But the greatest miracle.....Jesus gave me life, He saved me from my sins, because I was dead in my sins.

Ephesians 5:14 Therefore He says:“Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”

2017/8/1 9:16
StirItUp

Re:

Amen. Beautiful example Todd!

2017/8/1 9:26Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

While there are some wonderful testimonies here, we are avoiding the question. Sheri, of course being made spiritually alive is the greatest miracle, no believer doubts that.
BUT who has experienced working of miracles such as raising the dead and physical completely blind eyes being opened??
No one on here so far. The issue is being honest and real.

As for Benny Hinn, he has not only in recent times go off the rails, he has always been off. I remember seeing him in 1988 in the UK. He was in error then and had a cultic following way back then. You can hear the testimony of Costi Hinn, Benny's nephew who was brought up in that clan and worked along side 'Uncle Benny' for a year. He testifies he never saw anyone genuinely healed in all the meetings he was part of in that year and all the other years in his father's church. He believes Benny knows what he is doing in deceiving folk.

I know it is difficult when you have been set on your spiritual path by such things to even consider they were not right, but it's a journey many of us have had to make if we want to be honest.

2017/8/1 9:41Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Chuck Smith, who I believe was trustworthy, said in the early days of his ministry he saw a finger regrown and a new eyeball form. Of course I didn't see it.

2017/8/1 9:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy