SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Need Help Figuring Out What is Going On

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
havok20x

Need Help Figuring Out What is Going On

I have a friend who told me that he had sudden intuition about a man at the gym--that he was a itinerant worship leader, that he was living with a girl who was much younger than he was, that he didn't know the Lord, etc--but without ever having spoken to the man.

Well, he went up and talked to the guy and all the stuff was true.

What on earth is that called? Is that the Spritual gift of discernment?

Also, we talked about it. What is he supposed to do with that information? I said "if God gave you that insight, surely He'd give you the wisdom to know what to do." Having not been in that situation before, I am not sure that I am being much help.

Thanks!

2017/7/24 12:21Profile
followthelamb

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Re: Need Help Figuring Out What is Going On

Word of knowledge?

At the very least to intercede for his repentance and perhaps the Lord wanted that man to begin to have to fear of the Lord, that nothing is hidden from Him to whom we must give account.

It makes me think of this, though the situation is different:

1 Corinthians 14:24-25New King James Version (NKJV)

24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an uninformed person comes in, he is convinced by all, he is convicted by all. 25 And thus the secrets of his heart are revealed; and so, falling down on his face, he will worship God and report that God is truly among you.

May that man truly come to know the Lord Jesus and be saved!

2017/7/24 12:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It reminds me of the woman at the well--/ "he knew everything about me."

Sharing the "word of knowledge" takes guts and faith but the sharing of it alone can be very convicting.

EDIT: John 4:29 “Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the Christ?” (Just correcting my paraphrase above).

2017/7/24 13:19Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I remember one time I was visiting a church for the very first time and before service started this lady I didn't know from Adam came up to me and said something along the lines of "I sense that you are under a lot of pressure and due to the actions of another person you feel like you are being pulled under water and you're fighting to stay afloat." Then she gave an encouraging word of scripture and said I would weather the storm if I let God handle it and stop fighting.

What she didn't know was that I had recently had my identity stolen that was causing me all sorts of grief and I had been freaking out over it, and I was feeling exactly what she described. Her word struck me because I realized that not once had I prayed about it and I was trying to handle it all myself. So, as a result of her word I started praying and within a matter of a couple days the matter was cleared up and ultimately they caught the guy.

2017/7/24 15:07Profile
leyoung

Re:

Good subject! That is 'word of knowledge' .
I knew a young man who got out of prison and was a liar pulling the wool over the eyes of many. When he got out of prison he was staying with his folks. He was locked out of the building and called a locksmith.

The locksmith was singing 'Our God is an Awesome God' so the young man chatted with him for a moment and said he also was a Christian. A little later the locksmith took a deep breath and said ' I believe the Lord is warning you ...in the book of Revelation the Lord spoke to the church in Laodecia and warned it "I know your works that you are neither cold nor hot...and because you are neither old nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth. God is speaking to you, young man."
This shook the young man up but evidently not enough to repent for he decided to go the cold route. He left Christianity and renounced his profession of faith in Christ and moved on to other worldly pursuits.

I knew this young man well and know that God gave that Christian locksmith a word of knowledge. And I'm glad he had the guts to speak it because it forced the young man to show his true colors.

That is a personal true account. God will do that on occasion. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are in operation today!

Sis L

2017/7/24 16:01Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

“This shook the young man up but evidently not enough to repent for he decided to go the cold route. He left Christianity and renounced his profession of faith in Christ and moved on to other worldly pursuits.”

Do not write him off yet……

“My hour has not yet come.”

“It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD” (Lam. 3:26 KJV).

2017/7/24 23:28Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

A testimony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViR4e3vJhOo

His teacher prayed for him years and years before God mightily saved him. And God saved him even though he was hostile to God.

2017/7/25 0:58Profile
leyoung

Re:

Hi Jade,
I didn't write him off. I will pray for him though I don't know what happened to him after I lost track of him. I know the "hound of heaven" is still after him. Thank you for reminding me to pray. Lord, bring this man into your kingdom and may he know your relentless love. In Jesus name I ask. L

2017/7/25 1:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy