Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Download All Sermons At Once

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mattzab

Colorado, USA

Download All Sermons At Once

Greetings, Saints of the Most High God!

I've wanted to have a way to download all the sermons from SermonIndex, and have heard that there are a few people working on this. I also initiated a 'collaborative download' a few weeks ago, but it doesn't look like there was much participation.

So on Friday I decided to write a bash script that will download everything, fired it up Friday evening, and by Saturday afternoon the entire 255 Gigabyte archive had finished downloading- and in fact had also uploaded to Google Drive as well!
(I can explain later how I was able to download it so quickly)

I'm working on sending it to archive.org as a torrent for download, but that's been slow-going and difficult. I'll update later when that's accomplished. For now, I'm going to link to the bash script, which I've hosted on GitHub, and to a Google Drive folder I'm sharing that has the entire archive divided up in folders that you can browse, as well as the whole thing in a zip file.
What you find in the folders is the same thing that you'll find in the zip- I uploaded the whole thing to GDrive twice for your convenience.
If the archive hits a maximum download limit, let me know and I'll post instructions on how to fix that.

Bash Script on GitHub: https://github.com/mattzab/download-sermon-index

Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4pXyK-2Hp-4eENVQUNNVk5Ld1U?usp=sharing

Blessings in Christ, everyone!
Matt

2017/7/23 15:55Profile

Re: Download All Sermons At Once

Well done, brother Matt!

I bookmarked the google drive link now...

I think it is really great thing to back up sermonindex archive sermons, esp. when the last time that sermonindex youtube channel got deleted. I download sermons from sermonindex youtube every now and then too after I listened to it...

2017/7/23 18:26
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Dear brother,

This is a tremendous effort you have done so far! Looking forward to further developments on how to download, store, share and duplicate the archive of messages.

We have encouraged the downloading of all messages and here is the original vision:

---

Genesis 41:49 Joseph stored up huge quantities of grain, like the sand of the sea; it was so much that he stopped keeping records because it was beyond measure.

Saints,

The Lord spoke through a brother that he saw SermonIndex as the grain in Joseph’s day. That was many months ago and recently a brother shared that he felt led to compile a software program for SermonIndex so believers could download sermons easily to their computer and then share them with others. I believe this is one way the Lord is going to fulfill the word He spoke towards SermonIndex being like the grain of Joseph in the end-times. As many churches are ceasing to preach the truth and society as a whole is becoming abusive towards the Good News of Jesus Christ. There will be less avenues to access God’s word and godly sermons that will edify God’s people.

We are encouraging all believers who have a computer to download this software and download many sermons to their computer hard-drives. From there you can listen to sermons easily and also download ALL the sermons of one speaker easily. Our heart in this is that God’s people would be able to share these resources with many and have them stored like grain for a time when even SermonIndex.net itself might not be available. This will also provide multiple back-ups of SermonIndex across the world.

You are free also to re-upload and share these messages on your own website or blog. May God’s word run and be glorified in these days of famine of the word of God.

2017/7/23 20:42Profile
mattzab

Colorado, USA

Re: Torrent

Perhaps someone out there who knows how to upload torrents better than I do can use the script to download the entire archive and post the torrent soon. I'm willing to seed the archive once it's posted as a torrent.

Blessings

2017/8/1 18:25Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

Also I am not sure if there are any good christian torrent sites out there, with a search I found this one only::

http://tracker.wings2heaven.net

Perhaps all the sermons could be added there also?

2017/8/1 19:12Profile
mattzab

Colorado, USA

Re:

I've made an update to make it easier.

If you're on Linux, you can simply run this command in Terminal and it will download everything:

wget git.mattzab.com/download_sermonindex.sh && chmod +x download_sermonindex.sh && bash download_sermonindex.sh && rm download_sermonindex.sh

I still haven't been able to get a torrent uploaded, though I've made several attempts.

If someone else knows how to use torrents, please help with this.

Thank you!

2017/9/27 13:52Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Dear brother,

This is such a blessing to see your hard work on this and also in the original post the entire archive of audio sermons on google drive.

One idea to make this more helpful to all users, would it be hard to make an executable file for both mac and Windows that could be a simple GUI that downloads all the sermons automatically. Many people have a hard time to run a terminal or that type of coding interface. Just a thought.

We are going to more prominently link to your download on google drive, this will help many.

2017/9/27 18:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy