· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : What do you people think about E.W. Kenyon??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
jsissle

What do you people think about E.W. Kenyon??

i was just wondering :-)
my faith-life has became some kind of new as i've read his books "the blood covenant", "jesus the healer" and "the 2 kinds of faith"

2005/6/17 13:22Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: What do you people think about E.W. Kenyon??

Essek William Kenyon (1867 - 1948) was an evangelist, pastor, president of a Bible Institute, author, songwriter and poet. He is best known for the numerous books that he authored that are still in great demand today. Kenyons writings dramatically unfold the glorious truths of the revelation given to the apostle Paul in simple, concise language. He wrote for the spirit man, addressing the heart more than the head.
Understanding the Father-heart of God, who we are in Christ and the authority and privileges of the believer were central to Kenyons message. In his writings Kenyon calls the believer up and out of the mire of traditional unbelief into the deep, rich treasures of our redemption in Christ.

----

Essek William Kenyon, whose life and ministry were enormously impacted by such cults as Science of Mind, the Unity School of Christianity, Christian Science, and New Thought metaphysics, is the true father of the modern-day Faith movement. Many of the phrases popularized by present-day prosperity preachers, such as "What I confess, I possess," were originally coined by Kenyon. Kenneth Hagin, to whom we next turn our attention, plagiarized much of Kenyon's work, including the statement, "Every man who has been 'born again' is an Incarnation, and Christianity is a miracle. The believer is as much an Incarnation as was Jesus of Nazareth."
(E. W. Kenyon and the Twelve Apostles of Another Gospel, by Hank Hanegraaff)

Personally I believe there is good and bad from the man, and I am sure one could gleam many good things but overall the "word faith movement" is not biblical and is an heresy of Chrisitan belief.

I recommend you listen to:
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2]Another Gospel by David Wilkerson[/url]

and

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/url]

"All the ends of the world, and all the kingdoms of this earth, shall profit me nothing. It is better for me to die for the sake of Jesus Christ, than to reign over all the ends of the earth. "For what is a man profited, if he gain the whole world, but lose his own soul? "I long after the Lord, the Son of the true God and Father, even Jesus Christ. Him I seek, who died for us and rose again." - St. Ignatius of Antioch (35 -117)

2005/6/17 13:37Profile
jsissle

Re:

hmmm, have you ever read one of his books?

just by the way:

Hebrews 10:23

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2005/6/17 13:54Profile
jsissle

Re:

Quote:

"What I confess, I possess,"

even if some carnal people tried to abuse confession, its still important (dont you realize the way the enemy tried to steal something from the church?) but i mean its crystal clear that the confession must be on a solid biblical foundation and if you know the Lords voice, then it can be on the foundation of a rhema word too, but it still must be proofable with God's word.

i recommend you to read derek prince's book "prayers and proclamations" - there he explains how to use God's Word in prayer

there is also a sermon from derek called "the power of proclamation" where he basically explains the same things

but many thanks for your recommendations - i know to proof is a must

i'd also like to let somebody else speak who won thousands for Jesus ...

http://www.kenyons.org/Testimonies.htm

2005/6/17 14:26Profile

Re: agendas, agendas!

you know brother, (or sister)

this site is helping me to learn about all the various rubs and twitches, and doctrines, that fallen man tries to shroud the Glorious Savior Jesus Christ with.

It's just grievous.

Now I have another to add to the list, Kenyon.

to say that Jesus died a spiritual death is just another in a long fetid line of lies forged in the anvils of hell, it's utterly disgusting, and blasphemous.

agenda, agenda, masquarading as a question, "what do you think about..so and so".

You don't want to know what I think. What I know is that God is merciful, and if you repent and seek Him, He will be faithful to that.

Kenyon's heresy traces back to

Quote:
An ancient heretic named Nestorius taught that Jesus performed His works by the power of the Holy Spirit and not by virtue of being God the Son. The reaction of the early Church fathers was to damn any person teaching such things. Why? Because to believe this way is (1) take away from the deity of Christ, (2) left Christ as a person with two natures, one divine and the other human, which thus logically takes away His capacity as Savior. The Council of Constantinople in 553 A.D. stated "If anyone shall say that . . .His miracles. . . in the flesh were not of the same Person: let him be anathema.(8) In other words, people teaching these things and believing these things were put outside of the community of faith! Yet today these blasphemous concepts are espoused boldly and those who dare question them are cursed by the heretics who teach them!

[url=http://www.discernment.org/jesus.htm]The "Jesus died spiritually" heresy[/url]

please turn from this damnable heresy.

2005/6/17 16:24
jsissle

Re:

thank you for the historical informations on Constantinople and Nestorius, but don't believe everything some people figure on the internet! do you really wanna know something else they forbid to teach by anathema? Salvation by grace, through faith (Ephesians 2:8)

but on the actual topic, watch at this:

Philippians 2:6-8 (Amplified Bible)

Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [[b]possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not [c]think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped [d]or retained, but stripped Himself [of all privileges and [e]rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being. And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross!

and on the matter of spiritual death
do you know what this means?

it means to be seperated from God

and to prove this biblically

Matthew 27:46 (King James Version)

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

2005/6/17 18:45Profile
jsissle

Re:

Neilgin1

i did some research to proove the fact that Jesus performed His works by the power of the Holy Spirit and not by virtue of being God the Son

Acts 10:38

"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him."

and behold Luke 3:21-23

Jesus began his public ministry not before he was baptized with the holy spirit

other than this check Philippians 2:6-8 (mentioned detailed in the post before)

2005/6/20 9:36Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

I would recomend a book entitled "Another Gospel" by D.R. McConnell. He does an excellent job in researching the roots of Kenyon's heresies. Kenyon loved Jesus I'll readily admit, but he loved [i]another[/i] Jesus, one of his own making.

Kenyon's background was one of mixing the "new thought" mysticism of his day with Christianity.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/6/20 10:53Profile

Re: What do you people think about E.W. Kenyon??

Kenyon's Quote:

Quote:
Every man who has been 'born again' is an Incarnation, and Christianity is a miracle. The believer is as much an Incarnation as was Jesus of Nazareth."

Websters dictionary defines the word Incarnation this way:

"That act of grace whereby Christ took our human nature into union with his
Divine Person, became man. Christ is both God and man. Human attributes and
actions are predicated of him, and he of whom they are predicated is God. A
Divine Person was united to a human nature (Acts 20:28; Rom. 8:32; 1 Cor. 2:8;
Heb. 2:11-14; 1 Tim. 3:16; Gal. 4:4, etc.). The union is hypostatical, i.e., is
personal; the two natures are not mixed or confounded, and it is perpetual."

What is wrong with what Kenyon said?
*though I agree with what Kenyon's quote, I do not readily agree with all his teachings, I am only commenting on the quote*

John said, "As He is so are we also in this world".

What is Jesus? Jesus is the Christ!

Jesus said it this way to Nicodemus, John 3:8 "The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

Now think about that for a moment, he is tell us that we who are born again, we are spirit. That is our identity, not Karl. Karl is born from the earth earthy, but my true identity is from Heaven.

Does anyone understand my speech?

We have lost sight of this goal, the high calling of God in Christ Jesus, and this is the goal that many seek, but cannot find, because their minds are dull of hearing what the Spirit is instructing them, because it goes against the grain, goes against what our Mom and Dad taught us.

Our true identity is spirit. That's what this verse means, "The true worshippers are those who worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth".

"There is a way that seemth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death"

To be fundamental will produce "good" Adam's, but to be spiritually minded will produce Christ in us the hope of glory.

Adam can never please God, "so they that are in Adam cannot please God", because "In Adam all die"

Does anyone have ears to hear?

Warmly
Karl

I reject Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, and all the word of faith mess. Kenyon was off in some areas as was his apprentice Ken Hagin. I have a rare out of print book by Ken Hagin Sr. that says that Jesus Christ when He died on the cross became "Demon Possessed". I am not promoting these men's ideas. But Kenyon's quote at the beginning of this Post made spiritual sense to me and I wish that he had of stayed the course in other areas of his teachings.

2005/6/20 11:00
jeremyhulsey

Re:

jsissle,

Quote:
and on the matter of spiritual death
do you know what this means?

it means to be seperated from God

and to prove this biblically

Matthew 27:46 (King James Version)

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Actually Jesus was quoting the 22nd Psalm which if you read is quite the oposite. It ends like this:

Quote:
Psa 22:17-31 KJVR
(17) I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
(18) They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
(19) But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.
(20) Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.
(21) Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.
(22) [b]I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.[/b]
(23) Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.
(24) [b]For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.[/b]
(25) My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
(26) The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live forever.
(27) All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
(28) For the kingdom is the LORD's: and he is the governor among the nations.
(29) All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.
(30) A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
(31) They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Jesus' cry from the cross was not one of desparation from separation, but rather it was one of living trust and total victory!

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/6/20 11:06Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy