Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Shepards vs Hirelings

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Shepards vs Hirelings

John 10:12King James Version (KJV)

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

How many sheep are going hungry to the fact that people are not being fed spiritually

How many Goats

A Good Shepard looks after the sheep where are the shepards that actually care for the sheep

2017/7/23 7:58Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Shepards vs Hirelings

I used to get so upset with this topic to, Dom. But truthfully, every single one of us has the Great and Good Shepherd to feed us; we have a Bible to read, knees to pray on and more importantly, the Holy Spirit inside of us to lead us into all truth.

The state of the churches in the world are in sorry state because we so look to "one man" to feed us but somewhere along the line, we've got to take the pressure off that one man doing all the feeding and watering by himself and take responsibility for our own growth in Christ.

If we as Christians can't help ourselves and get free from those things that does so easily beset us, how can we help anyone else get free?

Just my thoughts on how I took your post, if I'm way off, forgive me and continue on your train of thought!!!

God bless,
Lisa

2017/7/23 12:39Profile

Re:

"""""But truthfully, every single one of us has the Great and Good Shepherd to feed us; we have a Bible to read, knees to pray on and more importantly, the Holy Spirit inside of us to lead us into all truth.

The state of the churches in the world are in sorry state because we so look to "one man" to feed us but somewhere along the line, we've got to take the pressure off that one man doing all the feeding and watering by himself and take responsibility for our own growth in Christ.

If we as Christians can't help ourselves and get free from those things that does so easily beset us, how can we help anyone else get free? """""""

Amen! Thank God for His precious Holy Spirit to lead and guide us into all truth. It's about getting back to the simplicity of Christ. To know nothing but Christ Jesus and Him crucified, and resurrected.

2017/7/23 12:46
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I used to get so upset with this topic to, Dom. But truthfully, every single one of us has the Great and Good Shepherd to feed us; we have a Bible to read, knees to pray on and more importantly, the Holy Spirit inside of us to lead us into all truth.

I agree

What breaks my heart is that you listen to sermons and people have the voluminocity of the scriptures and the richness of the scriptures. With every verse where you can dig into its depths and you have half the churches either in pop culture or trying to be relevant to the world

James 3:1-2King James Version (KJV)
3 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

In other translations it says teachers, I so want to preach at the moment just to show people how to preach as I have preached for years on the street

1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

I almost seem starving for the holy spirit and for Gods words, I get so depressed as I get bored with church services as it seems people do little study and they do little time on there knees

Luke 16:15
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Jude 1

JudeKing James Version (KJV)

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Verse seven is scary !!

I know that when reading the classics and holding bookshops to even basics standards.

It is ironic the issues we are discussing and if you read the puritans, C H Spurgeon and others, D L Moody and R A Torrey and others.

If you even just compare the liturature that is being pumped out now does not compare to things like the Glory of Christ by John Owen or William Tyndale

I so want a church where I can discuss the word of God with saints rather than menial things!

2017/7/23 15:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy