SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Linkin Park

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Linkin Park

Chester Bennington, lead singer of the band Linkin Park, who sold over 70 million albums, died of suicide at the age of 41. Chris Cornell, lead singer of the bands Soundgarden and Audioslave, sold more than 30 million albums worldwide. He hung himself at the age of 52.

Story after story of rock stars who killed themselves or say they struggle daily with depression show that fame and fortune, attention and admiration, do not lead to happiness.

The wise King Solomon wrote, "I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be made straight, and what is lacking cannot be counted" (Ecclesiastes 1:14-15).

"He who loves money will not be satisfied, nor he who loves wealth; this is also vanity. When goods increase, they increase who eat them, and what advantage has their owner but to see them with his eyes?" (Ecclesiastes 5:10-11)

"There is an evil that I have seen under the sun, and it lies heavy on mankind: a man to whom God gives wealth, possessions, and honor, so that he lacks nothing in all that he desires, yet God does not give him power to enjoy them, but a stranger enjoys them. This is vanity; it is a grievous evil" (Ecclesiastes 6:1-2).

Jesus said, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied" (Matthew 5:6). "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness," and all the things you need will be added to you (Matthew 6:33).

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:29-30)

~ Gabriel Hughes

2017/7/21 16:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy