SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : We seldom use all that Christ has already provided for us.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: We seldom use all that Christ has already provided for us re Lahry

Lahry, thank you. I would like to offer a little refining, without rejecting the principle basis of salvation which you expound. There are a couple of scriptures which tie in with the thought that salvation (I believe the Greek word is 'sozo') also means 'healing'. You said:

Quote:
The flesh will never change, never be regenerated. It is corupt and destined to corumption. It can only be overcome and crucified.

Hebrews 12
we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected [us], and we gave [them] reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened [us] after their own pleasure; but he for [our] profit, that [we] might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; [b]but let it rather be healed[/b].

Romans 8
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, [b]he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you[/b].
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

My experience is there are at least these two angles to the process of being obedient to the Spirit's power to change me as I live and walk in Him; I am corrected, I am made physically more whole.

In other words, while the 'flesh' life is not to be pampered and indulged in sinful pursuits, there is a [i]right[/i] use of the body, which is not to be denigrated unduly or neglected. It is possible to go too far. This may be an unpopular thought, but, it is as important to [i]show[/i] the image of God as it is to recognise this was corrupted by the Fall. We need balance. Note, I do not mean compromise - just 'balance'.

2005/6/19 9:38

Re: Dorcas

Thank you for the scriptures and insight. I at one time was not in "sync" with the book of Hebrews. I was a book that made me "uncomfortable". It is really only of late that I have begun to cherish the teaching therein. So thank you for posting those scriptures.
There is a right use of our bodies, for sure. But only as a vessel of His life. I use my fingers to type these posts here. But my hope and my prayer goes beyond my activity in punching keys. I hope that God would use them, along with His Spirit that dwells within me to edify, to bless, to encouarage whosoever He wills. If that were not so, I would vanish from this place and find no spiritual bond with what I write, and what everyone else writes.
So yes and amen. There is a right use of the body. Oh that this life in the body be swallowed and changed for His purpose, His glory, His honor, and His praise. That I might be first and foremost a worshipper of Almighty God. Oh that I may rejoice in fellowship and intimacy with God because I have the blood over me that gives me entrance and favor before His Holy Throne. Oh that I may realize and reverently live my life in awe of Him above all things. But what I desire, I cannot achieve. I did not say I could not have. I said "I" could not achieve. It is a divine work of God. It is God Who places in us, both the will and the desire to do His good pleasure.
There is nothing in me or of me that is anything but wretched and worthless. Apart from Christ, I am nothing, and I have no hope. None. But in Him I stand complete before God, lacking nothing. I have already been made to sit in heavenly places with Christ Jesus. It's a done deal. It was done the moment I placed all my eternal hope in His shed blood for me. Oh alleluia.
So let us all join together, in one accord, and give God all the glory, honor, and praise, in Jesus' Holy Name.

amen and amen,

Lahry

2005/6/19 9:57

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy