SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : NEVER TOO LATE FOR GOD TO WORK by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 NEVER TOO LATE FOR GOD TO WORK by David Wilkerson

Has there been a delay in the answer to your prayer? Do you see others around you getting victories, being touched and healed, having miracles happen — yet you helplessly stand by in your suffering? Do you get impatient or angry with God, crying, “Why not me, Lord? Where is my miracle? Why is it delayed?” If so, you are missing the point altogether. The Lord is trying to build up your faith. He wants you to move into confidence in Him no matter what delays may come. He is showing you He can be at work healing thousands around you and still have His eye on you!

When Jesus healed the woman with the issue of blood, Jairus, who was walking beside Him, might have been able to hear His amazing words to the bleeding woman: “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction” (Mark 5:34). On the other hand, I doubt Jairus heard any of it, because a messenger came running toward him with a chilling report: “Your daughter is dead” (5:35).

Oh, what lies Satan must have whispered into Jairus’ ear: “All this has been in vain. Jesus can do nothing for you.” Then came the piercing words of the messenger: “Why trouble the Master any further?” Think of what was being said to Jairus here: “It’s no use. It’s too late for God to work. Thanks, Jesus, but no thanks. You waited too long to help.”

Doubts and anguish filled Jairus’ heart. “You trusted this Jesus but He can’t help you. It’s time for you to get back to the synagogue.”

Yet Jesus heard everything that was going on. As He saw the fear, despair and grief on Jairus’ face, He told him, “Be not be afraid; only believe” (5:36). I believe Christ was saying to that crowd and to us today: “It is not enough to walk with Me, call on Me and fall at My feet in repentance. You must trust in Me. You must believe I can bring life out of death.”

2017/7/19 6:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy