SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Sermons | Live

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

The Crossing, a non-denominational church in Tampa with a weekly attendance of roughly 3,500 people, is one of many congregations now incorporating electronic dance music (EDM) into its regular worship repertoire. It’s not a full-on rave, and you’ll see more “traditional” instruments like drums, electric guitars, and keyboards. But infused with more familiar modern worship stylings are characteristics of the EDM aesthetic: layers of computer-programmed electronic backing tracks, quarter-note bass thumps, and cycles of musical “builds” and “drops,” much of it set to a tempo around 130 beats per minute.

EDM, once the underpinning of the all-night rave scene, has now become one of the most popular mainstream musical styles, and it is influencing both studio-recorded Christian worship music and live congregational performances. ...

read more: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2017/july-august/edm-in-churches-worship-with-drop.html

2017/7/17 7:37Profile
bearmaster

Re: Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

Oh my :(. What can one say? :(

Sigh. :(

Somehow I don't quite see my brothers and sisters in persecuted nations like Eritrea or North Korea getting on worship like this. But then these are precious saints who have rejected the world and lay down their life for the Lord Jesus Christ.

So sad and reading about the stuff in the article.

Bro Blaine

2017/7/17 7:51Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

I once attended a church that played Pink Floyd's "Money" while taking an offering, never went back there again

2017/7/17 8:54Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

if you google search the article you can read the whole thing. Clicking on the link lets you read only the very first part.

2017/7/17 9:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//I once attended a church that played Pink Floyd's "Money" while taking an offering, never went back there again. //

I once heard "Amazing Grace" set to the tune "The House of the Rising Sun." It works-- but regardless it was disturbing.

This issue boils down to taste to a large degree. Many churches in the 70s fought the use of choruses vs only hymns. Then there was a fight over contemporary worship music vs traditional hymns and choruses. There have been fights over the use of guitars and drums. Then electric guitars and drums. Now the fight is over synthesizers and drum machines.

The dire question is: can God be glorified by EDM in worship services?

The floor is open for debate!

2017/7/17 9:43Profile
emestiu

Re: Electric Dance Club Music now in Worship Services

Welcome to the club....

2017/7/17 9:47Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

TMK I have heard that with amazing grace too, I've also heard it set to "Peaceful Easy Feeling by the Eagles, they keep the chorus from the eagles and sing amazing Grace over the verses. I have to be honest, as a musician I like it but for worship that's mixing two completely different spirits

2017/7/17 10:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

// as a musician I like it but for worship that's mixing two completely different spirits//

I agree. That's because of the association of the melody with the Eagles tune.

The issue is whether an original melody or music with certain BPMs like EDM is inherently ungodly.

2017/7/17 10:09Profile
emestiu

Re: church service (music)

I see in 'Matthew 26:30' that Jesus Christ and His disciples had a simple singing of thanksgiving, and like a Family atmosphere, and they were not trying to be a rock and roll....

Now, that is the way I desire to sing to God, like in 'Matthew 26:30', just plain simple (NOT in extravagant loud way of music) because our heart is what really matters...

// Isaiah 29:13 //

2017/7/17 10:20Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Interesting. I don't know but of related interest is the devils tritone interval which during the middle ages was considered inherently evil.

2017/7/17 10:20Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy