Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : abandoning Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
emestiu

Earth

abandoning Christianity

There are times I feel that I want to abandon Christianity because of affliction, but Christianity is not about comfort, and there is nothing best in life to live for than Jesus Christ...

2017/7/15 17:03Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: abandoning Christianity

Dear Sister Evangeline,

I've felt the same couple of times. But then the word comes: "Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." (John 6:68) There is no other way of Life!

I sometimes compare myself with the lepers outside of Samaria, who took the most wise decision to go to the foreign camp because this was the only way they could eventually remain alive. They were not sure about it but they said: "If we say, We will enter into the city, then the famine is in the city, and we shall die there: and if we sit still here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us fall unto the host of the Syrians: if they save us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall but die."

So they counted the cost and saw, there is only one option. It could lead them to their death but "if they kill us, we shall but die" - which would be their lot this way or the other.

Now, we are sure that Christ is the Way! And we know that we must "through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God." (Acts 14:22) And if people hate us, speak evil of us, imprison or even kill us - nothing unusual has happened. They would this anyhow! Look, even the people in the world cannot stand some of their own. They hate each other because it is their nature (in which things we also walked before), because men know not God.

Is there any other way? Other hope for man except in Christ? No! Come what may, by the grace of God, we will go that way! Count the cost (Luke 14:26-33). It is worth it! "I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18)

Stay bold, my sister!

Yours in Christ,

2017/7/15 18:10Profile
dohzman

Jn 6:68

2017/7/16 18:07Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Dear sister,

The enemy will come to us when we are going through severe tests and trials and tell us that we had it much better before we were saved. He will even accuse God to us, but we know that to turn from God is to go back into the darkness where the enemy can gain ground. There is no turning back. God gives us grace to go through every trial and affliction, and as the Word says: "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." (2Corinthians 4:17)

2017/7/17 9:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

And...what is the alternative if you abandon Jesus? If you think affliction is bad, imagine being in hell for all eternity - this will make affliction look trite.

Sandra

2017/7/17 18:02Profile

©2002-2017 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Google+ | Privacy Policy