SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who shall I send? Who will go for me?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Who shall I send? Who will go for me?

This writing is meant to cause some soul searching for us , not pointing the finger at anyone here...
How can you give something of Eternal value, that you say is of the Lord- when you yourself have yet to obtain it? The truth is we are poor, wretched and needy, when we think God will bless our intentions, rather then a life standing in uprightness, due to his or her devotion to walk in the truth, to possess it, for the Glory to God. Most certainly we will share His wisdom and give it away-as the Spirit allows us to. We need to learn self-control and let the Spirit of God Lead us, rather than jumping ahead or completely out of His will in sharing and ministering. The integrity of the heart is what the Lord Jesus Christ so desires in us, not the babbling of words, nor the foolish excusing of one’s failings or shortcomings, especially among our leaders in the church, where many expect the people of God to understand their spiritual impotence. No true Brokenness, or contrite of heart always results in -No Authority and Power from God!!!
To be pure in heart requires a careful inspection of ones motives, and at best laying on His alter, ready to die to all ambitions, desires- even the desire to serve Him in ministry.This is the spiritual place I know the Lord awaits for his people to come, He's ready to do surgery in us! Until we come to understand this truth found in the gospel of John:
John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. We do works in the flesh (carnal mind)“in Jesus name” believing we done this to glorify God, but I say unto you, until the revelation of the truth is birthed in you, you can do nothing apart from me, we will miss the Lord and His will!!!!!!
What do you and I have to offer then? At best, we are to give ourselves completely to Him, surrender to His will- yet to be discovered, and learn to “Wait on Him”. He’s not in a hurry to use anyone who is not ready, to accomplish any task sent from Heaven’s throne. He seeks hearts willing to lay their lives down for Him to do His work in. Until then we are deceiving ourselves to think, God is pleased with us. He wants you to be conformed into the image of His Son—First! This is the Primary work of the Gospel! This is why the Holy Spirit has been sent!!! A word from the Heart of God.

2005/6/17 8:44Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re: Who shall I send? Who will go for me?

Amen Brother Joshua,

This is such a timely message!!! Today is a day of preparation. He's looking for a people who are willing to die and let Him live through them.
It is the only way this generagtion will be saved. They are sick of religion and 10 step programs. They need living water!!

HERE AM I LORD...SEND ME!!!

2005/6/17 10:15Profile
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re:

Blessings my brother! I am convinced from scripture and from the Holy Spirit, that if we would cry out earnestly to our Father in heaven in Jesus, fulfilling 2 Chronicles 7:14..If my people who call upon my Name, would humble themselves and turn away from their sins...then...I will hear from Heaven and bring healing to them, restoration to them, revelation to them, intimacy to them, if only you seek me with all of your heart, soul and mind, completely and willfully. I am so taken by hunger for Christ! The flames of Holy Fire are within reach, if we as His people would--stop--and CRY out JESUS!!!!! Revival is coming unto His chosen who hunger and thirst for Righteousness. Who desire to dwell in the Secret Place of His warm Embrace!

2005/6/18 9:23Profile

Re:

Quote:
They are sick of religion and 10 step programs. [b]They need living water!![/b]

Hi Joshua,

I read your opening post and I had no idea how to respond, but Tina has started the ball rolling and now I have something to say!

tinluke,

Straight away, your comments reminded me of a friend, who at the time was a mother of 5. She moved country and fallen pregnant in the same year and had had a very dry time spiritually, although she had not doubted her salvation at all - only found herself more thirsty for God.

Eventually, when the Lord had refreshed her spirit, she came to church ready to share with us. Her words were the same as yours 'People are dry. They are thirsty. [b]They need living water[/b]. To illustrate 'dry', she had brought a plastic bucket with some small stones (gravel) in the bottom of it, which no-one could 'see' but, the sound was a brilliant illustration. Then, to illustrate 'living water' she had brought a 3 litre (five and quarter pint) water carrier, which she poured into the pail - glug, glug, glug, glug - water filling and sloshing around as she held one container in each hand. It was a truly organic, dynamic exposition, full of the Holy Spirit, which I have never forgotten.

It's always difficult to calculate the effect of ministry 'in the Spirit' from a brother or a sister. I believe it can ripple on for years in one's life, as we allow ourselves to be challenged and responsive, and affecting who knows how many ways we perceive not only the gospel, but how we interact with people in and outside the Church and, our ministry to God Himself.

2005/6/18 10:10
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Dear Bryan,

Your message is so true about the need to be surrendered at the altar before God to do his work.

I've met many people who talk of going into the ministry that appear to me just want to escape their current employment. The fact is they need to surrender to God and let him do his work in them where they are at. There is a need to be faithful in the little things.

God often uses babes and things that are weak to do his work. Often people who have just been saved or delivered are in the position to be used of God over people who have a lot of Christian experience and ability. Being near him {prayer} is what makes anyone ready. As was quoted by Jesus, "You can do nothing without me."

In Christ,
GaryE

2005/6/18 11:14Profile
roadsign

Re: count the cost

Hi, Joshua,
I say a big "amen" to your words. For too long we have been trying to do God's work with our own strength, ambition, and religious zeal. We have made a mess of things, often turning people away from the Gospel rather than towards it. Or we have made merely religous people - hypocrites. We have been using faulty means to convince others that they need to change. We have been trying to take the speck out of other people's eyes and can't see the log in our own eyes.

One day when I was praying for someone,wondering what to do for him, God spoke to me, saying,

"THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR THAT PERSON IS GIVE YOURSELF TO ME."

That changed my entire perception of how I am to give unto others. I have learned to accept the fact that God desires above all to keep me in the wilderness - hidden with him - in order that he can transform me. That is the first priority.
As I surrender myself to God, then he can then work freely through me - in his way, and in his timing.

I also believe that we must first count the cost before we embark on evangelistic pursuits - ie - of being a disciple of Christ. Before we can do that, we need to learn what that cost actually is. For example: we have to give up our desire for the praises of man, and the securities in this world. If we don't, we will shrink back when the going gets tough, and be worse off than when we started.

[i][b] "For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone will see it and ridicule him, saying, "this fellow began to build and was not able to finish."[/b][/i] Lk. 14:29,30
Diane

2005/6/18 12:19Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Great words!

"THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR THAT PERSON IS GIVE YOURSELF TO ME."

I [i]love[/i] that! Wonderful words and so true.
Great response here sister. Found myself in Romans this morning 2-5 going through it slowly, deliberately and much came forth from that, so much that I can hardly express, but perhaps just this snippet:

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Rom 5:3 [b]And not only so[/b], [u]but[/u] we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

2005/6/18 12:44Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

i will.

2005/6/18 13:40Profile
Joshua99

Austin Tx.

Re:

A hearty Amen to you, roadsign and all. If it wasn't for ths wonderful website, with the Forums here, the excellent video, audio and written messages, I would have felt more alone in this widerness! Because sermonindex has this forum, which allowed me to read the heart felt prayers and insights, I'm now persuded the true Church of our Lord Jesus Christ is alive and vibrant! To hear like-minded people saying the same thing-in a nutshell, I must decrease for Him to increase! What a blessing this is in our day!! I have a few brothers and sisters in Christ, who are on fire and letting Jesus have the control of their lives.
It has been 25 years waiting for our Gracious Lord to bring my family together with these wonderful people of God. Now I am meeting you all, from your part of this world, pouring out Hope,Faith and a confidence in Christ I have been looking for. That sweet aroma of His Spirit!! Blessings all in the Mighty Name of Jesus!! :-)

2005/6/18 18:22Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Wonderful!

Sorry if this redundant, but welcome again! This is wonderful to hear, all that you have expressed.

Quote:
It has been 25 years waiting...

My, that is remarkable, would love to hear more about yourself. If you were so inclined there is a section here [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=13&1731]Welcome & Intro[/url] But hope you jump right into the discussions and are blessed by all that is available here.

2005/6/18 18:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy