Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dear Friends. ~ Ken Miller

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Dear Friends. ~ Ken Miller

Dear Friends. From Ken.

Published on Saturday, 08 July 2017 19:58

"...Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!" (1 Cor. 15:57)

"Without me," He said, "You can do nothing." But "We are MORE than conquerors THROUGH HIM that loved us."

Someone once asked a saintly old man, "How are you feeling today?" "Friend," the old saint replied, "I have learned long ago not to ask how I'm feeling, but to ask who I am in Jesus Christ."

United with Christ, we can partake of His life and power. United with Him we are invincible, irrepressible, and in the long run, immortal. May God give us all a robust, obedient faith steadily focused on the Author and Finisher of our faith.

What has 15 months of prison taught me? One thing for sure: Time races by, even in prison.

We're very happy to report that I'm scheduled to leave prison for the half-way house on December 15. I'll likely be held there less than 72 hours before being sent home on home confinement. We're trusting God to have me home by Christmas! Please pray to that end.

The original sentence was 27 months. But with good behavior, federal inmates serve only 85% of their sentence. That fact along with 2 1/2 months of home confinement means I'll actually be in a federal prison just under 21 months; 633 days to be exact. As of today, I have another 159 days to go.

"Lord teach us to number our days, that we might apply our hearts unto wisdom."

My mother passed away last fall at age 76. I'm now 51. I keep asking myself this question: What does God want me to do with the rest of my life?

A couple of years ago, our son-in-law, Matt was driving through West Virginia. He picked up a hitchhiker, an older man in his 60's---a man on a mission.

The man's mission? "I speak wherever they let me speak, campgrounds, churches, wherever."

His message? "I tell people the end of the world will come within 25 years."

How does he tell people to prepare? "I tell them to repent and turn to Jesus."

That old man sounds like a real prophet to me. He impacts me whenever I think of him.

What if we all lived as though we truly expected Jesus to return within the next generation? How would that impact our priorities? How would that affect our financial decisions, our lifestyles?

If we really believed it, might we have a greater burden to share the Good News of Jesus Reign with those who've not yet surrendered to Him?

Let me tell you about two of my friends, T.O. and TI. Between the two of them, plenty of drug deals were done on the street, and at least one bank robbery. These guys were dangerous. Between the two of them they have 50-60 years.

They're still "dangerous." But dangerous to satan's agenda now.

They're both gentle as lambs, and I would trust either of them with my life, because they've both met the Lamb of God.

And they help others follow Him.

Five nights a week, weather and schedules permitting, we meet on the bleachers in the rec yard for a time prayer, praise and teaching. T.O. and Ti often lead out.

It's so good to see the Gospel lived out in this broken place in men like that. Please pray for them and the other brothers in here.

There's a song about the believer's freedom I often like to sing in the shower loud and clear:

I was in sin's prison, O so dark and cold,

Just a lost sheep wandering from God's eternal fold.

Then the door swung open, Jesus said to me--

I have signed your pardon, now you may go free.

Cho.

Jesus signed my pardon, this I surely know,

Took my place on Calvary now I don't have to go.

All my life I give Him, He gave His for me,

When He signed my pardon, there on Calvary!

Praise God for freedom, even in prison!

If we give whole lives and all we have to Christ---including our freedom---no one can take it away from us. For how can something be taken away that we've already given away?

Let us press on until He gives us the final victory. (1 Cor. 15:58)

"The crown is not given at the beginning, nor in the middle, but at the end." (Martyrs Mirror)

Love in Christ Jesus,

Kenneth L Miller 08464-082

Federal Correctional Complex

P.O. Box 1000

Petersburg, VA 23804

2017/7/10 12:41Profile
leyoung

Re: Dear Friends. ~ Ken Miller

It is so very humbling to read this man's words as he has spent so long unjustly in prison. Away from his home and family, Unable to be with his mother when she passed on and not attending his child's wedding.
The harshness of prison and the hardship on his family and yet he continues to praise our Lord and rejoices in the salvation of others.

He wonders what he will do, but God prepared him long ago for this time in prison. And when he is released he will be ready for a new season and possibly more persecution as the church had not yet repented of much apostasy.

Ken Miller's family has 11 hymns on SI , recorded before Ken went to prison. Here is one that speaks of songs to the Lord in difficult times surprising us with strength and joy. Pastor Miller has lived the reality of that song now in a dark place.
http://followthelamb.net/25/SID25180.mp3

We can take heart with this man's testimony and pray that when he comes home he will prepare others for similar persecutions.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, that you bring victory out of terrible circumstances.
We know you give strength to the weary and hope beyond measure to your children. Your ways are not our ways. Your timing is not our timing. May we trust you in all things.

Grateful for the ongoing posts!

L

2017/7/11 0:56Profile

This is such an encouraging letter, a great blessing and very much what we would expect the Apostle Paul to write, the mark of the Holy Spirit..............bro Frank

2017/7/11 9:32
ginnyrose

Mississippi

This is wonderful! Think I will repost this to FB!

God bless you for posting this.

Sandra

2017/7/11 9:48Profile

•••••••
A couple of years ago, our son-in-law, Matt was driving through West Virginia. He picked up a hitchhiker, an older man in his 60's---a man on a mission.

The man's mission? "I speak wherever they let me speak, campgrounds, churches, wherever."

His message? "I tell people the end of the world will come within 25 years."

How does he tell people to prepare? "I tell them to repent and turn to Jesus."

That old man sounds like a real prophet to me. He impacts me whenever I think of him.
•••••••

This part of Ken's letter has been resonating in my spirit for the last few days. I am 66. Looking at the story of the brother of of in his 60'ss and what he is doing. It makes me wonder what am I doing with my life.

Truly the man in his 60's has a sense of the urgency of the times and we live in. And he is exhorting people to repent and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ. Dear God nay the urgency of this man's message grip my heart to do the same.

Bro Blaine

2017/7/12 18:14
ginnyrose

Mississippi

This testimony has been on my mind ever since I read it and it has got me to thinking...

We look at the events that got Ken jailed as being tragic. And I am sure many prayed that he could be spared a prison term. However, in reading his testimony it appears to me God wanted him in that prison to minister to some that could not have been reached otherwise. Powerful lesson.

Sandra

2017/7/14 10:43Profile

Re: Ginny

Sister that is always the conflict we run into when we pray for the persecuted on our prayer call. Our hearts cry out for the release of those who are imorisoned for their faith in Christ. Yet God may have a different plan for those that He allows to go to prison for their faith. His plan may be to reach the unsaved that are in prison. We see this when Paul and Silas were imprisoned in Philippi.

Bro Blaine

2017/7/14 10:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy