SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Face to Face

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

Face to Face

Studying in the Book of Jude the Spirit states that the false prophets follow in the way of Cain and run greedily after the error of Balaam.

In both instances we find God spoke to Cain (Genesis 2) and to Balaam (Numbers 22), yet both walked in the darkness of their heart and in the opposite direction of God and His will. Like Judas Iscariot, who saw God face to face and witnessed the miraculous signs that testified of His true person yet did not believe.

How great a darkness in the face of the greatest Light?

Peace my friends
preacher_ish

2005/6/16 20:01Profile

Re: Face to Face

Wow, i didn't realize that God spoke to Cain and Balaam. Very good from what i see.

2005/6/16 21:17
preacher_ish

Atmore, AL

Re:

It's amazing to me how a man can stand face to face with God and not acknowledge Him for who He is?

It's the blackness and the blindness of the human heart that will not believe God.

Thanks for posting YIMG.......

preacher_ish

2005/6/16 22:38Profile

Quote:
Judas Iscariot, who saw God face to face and witnessed the miraculous signs that testified of His true person yet did not believe.

Neither did Jesus's family members, at the time...

If He was related to John the Baptist, who was related to a priest (Zacharias), and the disciple John was related to the High Priest - so was Jesus related to all of them.

Interesting that this is made little of in scripture by John but, Jesus says a man's enemies will be those of his own household. (Mat 10:36) And, he moved away because a prophet has no honour in his own country. (Mat 13:57) Jesus had a calling to fulfil, even if many were going to choose the broad road to destruction.

I agree, it is almost incredible to think of being in the presence of Jesus and still not believing in Him, afterwards.

2005/6/19 16:03
aeryck

United Kingdom

Glad of your post Preach_ish,

Your meditation is right in my heart. Of late my main fascination has been with really getting back to believing with intensity.

I have lived in the slipstream of my past achievements and become lazy, recently I have been challenged by God to believe with my full being.

Thanks for this thread, I am having to knuckle down with the new book. It is time. So please feel free to write me at my pm. I enjoy your fellowship so, my brother.

In Jesus,
Aeryck.
:-P

2005/6/19 20:14Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy