SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : about Pastor John MacArthur

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: about Pastor John MacArthur

IT appears that his logic in the edited OP clip provided, contradicts, his clear logic in this clip : https://www.gty.org/library/blog/B140605/john-macarthur-on-christians-business-and-gay-marriage

add : Does anyone know where we can find an unedited full version of the statements in the OP clip ?

clarity

2017/7/9 23:35Profile

Saints,

I regret posting this and sharing this...

I will not do this again, if I saw a preacher got exposed for something he said.. I will not share here in sermonindex again...

I think the better thing to do as a radical follower christian is to focus on devotion to Jesus Christ and stick to listen to preachers men of God who is very firm in their faith and beliefs..

Sharing this matter just cause division and opinion among you...

Have a bless Monday to all of you!

2017/7/10 6:02
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"I think the better thing to do as a radical follower christian is to focus on devotion to Jesus Christ and stick to listen to preachers men of God who is very firm in their faith and beliefs.."

I agree with you, and there is nothing wrong with questioning and examining something that a well known teacher like John MacArthur has said. The Holy Spirit dwells within us so that we would know the difference of what is of the truth and what is not.

Where many are missing it is that they take phrases from articles or sermons of something that a minister has said and use that to condemn the man's ministry.

Jesus said that we would know them by their fruits.

2017/7/10 6:33Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: AbideInHIm

Quote:
by AdideinHim
In John MacArthur's line of reasoning it would be okay for a Christian baker to bake a cake for a homosexual couple, as long as he isn't praying in tongues while doing so.

LOLOLOL You gave me my morning chuckle, Mike!!!

Thank you so much!!!
Lisa

2017/7/10 7:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

I know a lot of people on here disagree with me, but if I were a baker, I personally wouldn't have a problem baking a cake for homosexual wedding. If some or most Christians cannot do that, I judge them not.

And know that I would pray over that cake (speaking in tongues as well) but it would be made in love for them; love to see them walk in the fullness of Christ that God has for them... as I would a half-hearted Christian too!!

God bless us all!!
Lisa

2017/7/10 8:08Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Is this the place in the forum where we bash our brothers and sisters in Christ?

How many of you would stand in the spotlight under the meticulous eye of every single believer and start saying doctrine?

I don't agree with everything MacArthur says, but who are you to judge a fellow servant. When he denies Christ, then we can talk.

2017/7/10 12:34Profile

To: Brother havok20x ...

Brother havok20x,

I regret sharing this. Please forgive me doing this, it causes division, I started this talk, it is my fault, I will not do this again...

2017/7/10 13:27
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Evangeline,

Thank you for sharing. Please continue to share on SermonIndex. While there is a plethora of different opinions among those who participate in discussions on SI forums, I think that the pursuit of Biblical truth is the motivation of each person.

This isn't anything new. After all, Paul and Barnabas had a disagreement that was so sharp that they even parted company over it (Acts 15:36-41). How's that for "early church unity?" It is an unfortunate part of our flawed human nature and being confined to this side of that "glass darkly" (I Corinthians 13:12).

Please don't allow this to discourage you from sharing or participating in discussions (unless you're following the Lord's leading). Conversations can sometimes become one-sided when people are discouraged from sharing their own insight. Believers certainly will never agree on every matter under the sun, but we can love and encourage one another despite any disagreements or squabbles.

Personally, I haven't listened to many sermons by John MacArthur. Thus, I can't readily compare and contrast his current sermons and teaching messages with older ones. I have enjoyed some of his teaching messages in the past (even if I disagree with a few of the things that he has taught).

That said: I strongly support the Colorado baker who faced a loss of his business if he didn't open up his bakery to decorate cakes for homosexual "weddings."

Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of misinformation about the infamous case that is currently being considered by the United States Supreme Court. This family-owned bakery did offer to sell a cake to the homosexual couple. However, they declined to participate by creating a cake for the sole purpose of celebrating a homosexual marriage.

Here is a good explanation of that particular case:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://www.adflegal.org/detailspages/case-details/masterpiece-cakeshop-v.-craig

Masterpiece Cakeshop is also a family business. Among his other employees, one of Jack’s sisters decorates cakes at the bakery, another sister volunteers to keep the shop clean, and his elderly mother takes care of accounting needs a few hours each week.

As a Christian, Jack knows that God can work as He chooses, including using small bakeries like Masterpiece Cakeshop to do His work. “[God] has chosen this bakery to do a lot of different things that we had never planned and that we would never want to stop,” he said. Jack’s faith motivates how he operates his business, but he would one day find out that the State of Colorado could force him to strip every ounce of his faith out of his business.

In July 2012, two men came into Jack’s bakery requesting a wedding cake for their same-sex ceremony. In an exchange lasting only a few seconds, Jack declined the request, saying he could not design cakes for same-sex wedding ceremonies. Jack offered to make the couple any other type of baked good or sell them a pre-made cake, but, because of his faith, he could not design a cake promoting a same-sex wedding ceremony.

Infuriated, the two men stormed out of the store. Shortly after, Jack started to receive phone calls from people threatening and harassing him because of his decision to not use his artistic talents to design a cake celebrating the couple’s same-sex marriage. Instead of responding in anger, Jack saw the calls as an invitation to prayer: “[The phone calls] give me an opportunity to pray for people I wouldn’t know.”

https://www.adflegal.org/detailspages/case-details/masterpiece-cakeshop-v.-craig

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Personally, I find that this case to be extraordinarily important to religious liberty in the United States.

Imagine if a small-business owner is forced to violate his or her own religious conscience in order to placate individuals who have lifestyles that are in complete opposition to the Christian faith. Forcing a baker to bake and decorate a "wedding cake" for a homosexual "marriage" would make that baker an active participant. Left wing activists would say that he has no recourse other than to comply with their demands or shut down his business.

The ramifications are extensive even beyond the issues of personal religious liberty.

- Would a black family-owned restaurant be forced to cater to a KKK rally?
- Would a Planned Parenthood organization be forced to hire an anti-abortion Christian as a "family planning counselor?"
- Would political or religious websites be permitted to delete comments that are in opposition to the defined beliefs of that organization?
- Could a Muslim actor face legal repercussions for refusing to play the role that they deem to be anti-Muslim?
- Would a Muslim-owned bakery face discrimination charges for refusing to hire a lesbian?
- Would a gay bar in San Francisco face a lawsuit if they didn't allow hundreds of Westboro Baptist radicals entrance into their establishments?
- Would a Christian bookstore or school (one that is not non-profit) be forced to hire/enroll non-Christians?

I feel that this case will have widespread ramifications in terms of individual or group liberty.

I have always thought that it was hypocritical for individuals and groups of a certain mindset want America to be completely secular or free from sociopolitical influence of the majority when those individuals or groups are in the minority (out of fear of the "tyranny of the majority"). Yet, when they are in the majority, they don't give a second thought about influencing law and policy. For instance, many Muslims want an Islamic nation when they are the majority of a nation, but a secular nation when they are in minority.

I didn't listen to John MacArthur's opinion on the matter. However, the issue wasn't about simply baking a cake and deciding who you can sell it to. It was about a Christian baker and his family who were being strong-armed (via the law) and forced to actively participate in a homosexual marriage. That is the difference in this case versus more common "discrimination" cases.

2017/7/10 13:38Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

I can only admire these brethren and sisters for the stand they took. It could not have been easy.

" having done all to stand, stand"

May we all have the courage to stand for what we deep down know to be true

Blessings,

2017/7/10 14:17Profile
rbanks

Re:

It is easy to say you would bake a cake for a homosexual couple to show love to them even though another Christian brother /sister is going through great suffering and loss because of their love for the Lord in not compromising their faith.

Baking a cake for a person who is living in gross sin is not a sin against God because God demonstrates his love for the sinners by sending his own Son to die for sinners even though he hates all sin.

That being said, it should be clearly understood that he would never participate nor approve of those who sin. So if the baker was asked to decorate the cake in an ungodly way then that goes beyond just baking a cake for someone. So if someone asks you as a Christian to participate in their sin you must be as a Christian walking with God in the light and reprove the evil deeds of those who are walking in darkness.

Ephesians 5:11-12
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather -- reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

If we truly love people we will speak the truth to them in love. This is the very reason Jesus said tarry until you are endure with power from on high in order to be an effective witness unto him.

Acts 1:8
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Blessings to all!

2017/7/10 22:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy