SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Book of Enoch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Book of Enoch

Brother Greg,

Thank you for providing the book of enoch!

I did not know that there is that book here...

Now, I will start reading this book...

2017/7/8 11:46
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Book of Enoch

There were giants before the flood. When they went in to spy out the land, The report was that they were as grasshoppers. The messed up line went through the ark in Noah's sons wives.

I have raised the question in my head; are these the ones not written in the book of life from the foundation of the earth? From what I read, all of Adam's children are in the book of life.

Enoch fills in some missing pieces.

2017/7/8 12:16Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Seeing this thread brought these Bible verses to mind

Genesis 6:1, 3-8 NKJV:

1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they [were] beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose...

There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore [children] to them. Those [were] the mighty men who [were] of old, men of renown. 5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every intent of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually. 6 And the LORD was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the LORD said, "I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them." 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

2 Peter 2:4-5 NKJV:

4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast [them] down to hell [Tartarus] and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, [one of] eight [people], a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;

Jude 1:6-7 NKJV:

6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them ***in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh***, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Numbers 13:32-33 NKJV:

32 ..."The land through which we have gone as spies [is] a land that devours its inhabitants, and all the people whom we saw in it [are] men of [great] stature. 33 "There we saw the giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight."

Numbers 13:32-33 NKJV:

4 [The other king was] Og king of Bashan and his territory, [who was] of the remnant of the giants, who dwelt at Ashtaroth and at Edrei, 5 and reigned over Mount Hermon...

2017/7/8 12:43Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

Brandy, that passage from Numbers 13 always makes me think of these from Joshua 14,15:

Joshua 14:9-12 NASB
(Caleb is speaking to Joshua)
So Moses swore on that day, saying, ‘Surely the land on which your foot has trodden will be an inheritance to you and to your children forever, because you have followed the LORD my God fully.’ Now behold, the LORD has let me live, just as He spoke, these forty-five years, from the time that the LORD spoke this word to Moses, when Israel walked in the wilderness; and now behold, I am eighty-five years old today. I am still as strong today as I was in the day Moses sent me; as my strength was then, so my strength is now, for war and for going out and coming in. Now then, give me this hill country about which the LORD spoke on that day, for you heard on that day that Anakim were there, with great fortified cities; perhaps the LORD will be with me, and I will drive them out as the LORD has spoken.”

Joshua 15:13-14 NASB
Now he gave to Caleb the son of Jephunneh a portion among the sons of Judah, according to the command of the LORD to Joshua, namely, Kiriath-arba, Arba being the father of Anak (that is, Hebron). Caleb drove out from there the three sons of Anak: Sheshai and Ahiman and Talmai, the children of Anak.

With God nothing is impossible. ... even if you are 85. ;)

Don't want to send the thread down a rabbit hole. Just wanted to share this.

REJOICE! =)

2017/7/8 14:06Profile

Re:

Archaeological remains seem to bear witness of the Nephilim. Around the world skeletons of humans reaching as tall as 12 or more feet have been found. Many of these skeletons, at least found in America, were carted off to the Smithsonian Institution. Only to be hidden away probably in some warehouse. (Probably next to the Ark of the Covenant found by Indiana Jones.:) Anyway the Smithsonian says they do not have such skeletons. Despite the fact of photographs and newspaper articles that were written about the Smithsonian taking away such. Much of these reports come from the mid to the late 19th century. And even the early 20th century.

Again not to go down a rabbit trail. But the fact that there have been photographed remains of individuals that were reaching an unheard-of height that the Bible speaks of. I don't know about 450 ft tall giants. But there have been reports that Nephilim could have reached as much of a height as 20 ft. I believe Goliath was around nine or ten feet tall. And to the average Israelite that is pretty tall.

Bro Blaine

2017/7/8 14:20
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Bear

Goliath would, at 10' ft tall, make Shaq look like a midget!

Just for scale- imagine Shaq at 7'1 330lbs standing beside a 4' ft 90lb person.... and that would be the equivalent of a 10' 500+lb Goliath standing next to a 7' Shaq!!

But faith in the God of Israel made that giant look oh so small ;)

2017/7/8 15:47Profile

Re: Post Flood Appearances of the Nephilim

https://youtu.be/pby2Vh6AM48

https://youtu.be/Hy33LUDZ-2w

2 videos above where a brother describes the post flood appearances of the Nephilim and how they got there.

Bro Blaine 

2017/7/8 15:59

Re: Bro Fletcher

•••But faith in the God of Israel made that giant look oh so small ;)•••

The taller they are the harder they fall.😊 At least in God's eyes brother.

Bro Blaine

2017/7/8 16:02
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I just wanted to throw out there that the viral photos on the internet of giant skeletons being unearthed in places like Saudi Arabia and Greece are proven fakes.

I do believe there were giants in the Bible, within reason. Certainly not 450 ft.

2017/7/8 16:50Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

The book of Enoch was obviously read by Jude and accepted, as was the Assumption of Moses by Peter, as was the book of Wisdom and Sirach by Jesus and Paul. Sort of makes the evangelical interpretation of "sola scriptura 66 books only" seem silly.

2017/7/8 23:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy