SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Faith without works

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Nellie

Re: Hi Dian

I really enjoyed your Article on the two Conenants.
Could you plmk the web-site, as I want to print off some more of your writings.
I agree with you.
We need to know Him better, and until we get where we just do His bidding, we will fail.
I will His Will, in my life, and in all circumsyances.
God Bless you.
Nell

2005/6/17 10:32Profile
AsliEren

Dallas, Texas

Re: Faith without works

Works is Faith and Faith is Works.

Self-Righteousness is Works without Faith.

2005/6/19 17:17Profile
Servus

Re: Faith without works

Yes it is true that faith without works is dead, but let us not forget love, for without love those works are nothing as well, as spoken in 1Corinthians 13:1 - 3

"1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profits me nothing."

It all starts with love.
Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
We are commanded to love God first and foremost, and then to love others. Those are the two greatest commandments. Let us remember, they are commandments and not just suggestions. If we have a problem with loving others, if we find it hard or nearly impossible, then it is up to us to ask God to help us to love them. For without God's love working in us, then it is truely impossible to love others the way that God would have us to. If God gives us a burdon for others and works it in us to love them, then the works that are required to keep our faith alive will come automatically. If you love someone with the love of God then it would be nearly impossible to just let them slip away into hellfire without wittnessing to them first in one way or another. But remember, not everyone is called to be an evangelist, or a pastor, or even a teacher. We can effectively wittness to people if we show that we are truely set apart by Christ, and live our lives as we are called to live. Just living a Godly life and making sure everyone knows you are different because of Jesus Christ, is wittness enough. Those who preach and "win souls" are not the only important people where wittnessing is concerned. They are merely those who are reaping, but there are others who are sent out into the world to plant the seeds, and still others to water the seeds. Going out and preaching to people is the method of reaping, but the problem is that there are too many labourers out there who are trying to be the reapers, and not enough people sowing and watering. With things working that way, it will make for a really lousy harvest. If one does not feel comfortable with, or does not know how to go about preaching, then it is possible that they were not called to do so. We need to make sure what we're doing for God is what God wants us to be doing for Him, and not just something we think we should be doing for Him.

2005/6/20 0:04Profile
dohzman

MANY WONDERFUL POSTS---BUT....

The book of James concerns itself with body of Christ or the local church. Us preachers have a tredency to lift passages out of the word of God and make sermons to prove a point or move an assembly this way or that.(I'm also guilty here). This passage is really showing that we as christians cannot see needs in our local fellowships (especially) and not respond. I love the way we don't need to ask what the Father's will is, its plain and clear. I once heard a brother explain that he didn't feel lead of the Spirit to help a family in desprite need(this family was known to be faithful and had just fallen on hard times), and he used the voice or leading of the Holy Spirit to justify his inaction. That persons faith is what James would call dead.In the sight of God we are more intimately connected than most would be willing to accept or want to accept. The early church fathers believed that the Lord placed thoughs with needs in the body to test the faith of the more priviliaged in any given area, money is an easy example and quick to relate to and understand, but the field is pretty wide if you spend the time to consider gifts and talents and all that we individually have and can contribute.

2005/6/20 0:35Profile

Re: MANY WONDERFUL POSTS---BUT....

Quote:
I once heard a brother explain that he didn't feel lead of the Spirit to help a family in desprite need([b]this family was known to be faithful and had just fallen on hard times[/b]), and [b]he used the voice or leading of the Holy Spirit to justify his inaction[/b]. That persons faith is what James would call dead.In the sight of God we are more intimately connected than most would be willing to accept or want to accept.

This is very challenging.

What if the family had not been [i]faithful[/i], would it have been the voice of the Spirit then?

That is a rhetorical question, I hope.

2005/6/20 20:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy