SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : THE POINT OF OUR HELPLESSNESS by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 THE POINT OF OUR HELPLESSNESS by David Wilkerson

In John 2, Jesus and His disciples were invited to a marriage supper in Cana.

“On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, ‘They have no wine.’ Jesus said to her, ‘Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come’” (John 2:1-4).

Evidently, the Lord’s family received the invitation, too, because Jesus’ mother was there. Mary even came up to Him with a request: “The hosts have run out of wine.”

Jesus’ response to His mother seems a bit strange. He told her, “My hour is not yet come.”

What was this “hour” Jesus was referring to? He wasn’t talking about the moment of darkness He would face three years later, before His crucifixion. At that time Jesus did say, “My hour has come.”

But here at Cana He was speaking of a different hour. The fact is, Christ’s ministry was just beginning. This is what He was referring to when He told His mother His hour hadn’t yet come. Indeed, soon afterward He performed a miracle by miraculously turning six large pots of water into wine.

Let me ask you: Have you ever wondered why Jesus waited to do this miracle? He waited until every bottle was dry; every glass was empty — even as the worried host wrung his hands.

I tell you, Jesus purposely waited at that wedding for all human resources to fail. He waited until nothing could solve the problem short of a miracle. That was when God’s hour came.

Here is an important truth for every believer: The hour of Christ’s power is manifested at the very point of our helplessness.

2017/7/4 5:20Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: THE POINT OF OUR HELPLESSNESS by David Wilkerson

"Here is an important truth for every believer: The hour of Christ’s power is manifested at the very point of our helplessness."

You can never learn that Christ is all you need, until Christ is all you have.
Corrie ten Boom

2017/7/4 18:40Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re:

Very good lesson!

2017/7/4 21:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy