SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Lesbian Couple To Lead Historic US Baptist Church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Lesbian Couple To Lead Historic US Baptist Church

A lesbian couple will next month take on joint senior minister roles at a 155-year-old Baptist church in Washington.

Sally Sarratt and Maria Swearingen – who are married – were ordained in 2015 and were announced as the new co-pastors of Calvary Baptist Church on Sunday.

They will take up the role on February 26, the church said.

"We have found it so easy to fall in love with Calvary and its longstanding commitment to be a voice of justice and compassion for those who perpetually find the wholeness of their humanity disregarded and maligned," said Sarratt and Swearingden.

In a post on Facebook, Swearingen added that the pair were "overjoyed" to announced their new roles.

Advertisement
"It's a dream that's been in the works for quite a while, and we are thrilled to take part in the wild and wondrous work of community together," she said.

"What gratitude we have for so many who have continued to walk with us and bless our journey together. Thanks be to God for all that lies ahead..."

read more: http://bit.ly/2t8GVSc

2017/7/3 7:57Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Lesbian Couple To Lead Historic US Baptist Church

God have mercy.

2017/7/3 7:58Profile
leyoung

Re:

'How the mighty have fallen.'

David spoke of Israel under Saul.
When a man or woman, a nation or denomination rebels against God there is inevitable devastation.

L

2017/7/3 9:45Profile

The legalization of same-sex marriage is gradually happening one country to another, until sooner, the time will come that almost all countries in the world will recognize same-sex marriage....

And in the same way, the same-sex marriage is being accepted, and a leadership of LGBT individuals is conquering the churches...

Could this be the "mystery of lawlessness" at work?

I listened to one of sermon of Zac Poonen, that a false doctrine will come that a sin will be accepted by the church and still they hold an assurance that they are doing God's will and still will go to Heaven....

2017/7/3 14:26
TakeUptheCross

Germany

I also thought: "But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not..." (Mark 13:14). I do not deny Jesus speaks of Judea in this context, but that came to my mind... "standing where it ought not"!

Please take notice of the madness around us! Common sense equals not common sense! (what the majority of people thinks vs. what an enlightened mind thinks)

And they don't even understand it, I think, like the 400 prophets of Ahab.

"Then Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah came near, and smote Micaiah upon the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of the LORD from me to speak unto thee?"

2017/7/3 15:25Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy