AbideinHim

Louisiana

Call To Fall

Call To Fall:

http://www.call2fall.com/

JOIN A NATIONAL
PRAYER MOVEMENT
JULY 2, 2017

I will answer God's call to fall on my knees in humility and seek His face in repentance so that He might forgive my sins and heal our land.

2017/7/2 12:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Call To Fall

CALL2FALL FAQ
Q - What's involved?

A - The Call2Fall is not a fancy program or a big show. Simply set aside a definite time during worship on July 2, 2017 when you call your people to get on their knees and faces before the Lord in repentant prayer for God to reshape our lives and renew our land. Click here for free church resources that may be helpful.

Q - Who can join?

A - Call2Fall on our knees is for every Christ-follower in America. Specifically, there are multiplied millions of believers who realize that America is in trouble and that neither Washington nor Wall Street has the answers. We are hoping that at least 40,000 churches will join in a corporate act of humility, repentance, and desperate prayer on our knees before the Lord.

Q - Where will we do it?

A - Call2Fall on our knees will be happening in the many places Christians meet on Sunday. We realize that the church gathers in worship centers, store-fronts, homes, and various other places all across America. We are encouraging believers to kneel at least 3 to 5 minutes before the Lord wherever they may gather that day.

Q - When will it happen?

A - Call2Fall in corporate humility before the Lord is set for Sunday, July 2, 2017. Why that Sunday? Because on the Sunday before we celebrate our "Independence," we should also express our "Dependence" upon the Lord. Throughout this special day, we encourage believers to spend time on their knees in crying out to God to heal our souls and our land.

Q - Why a Call2Fall?

A - First, the Scriptures teach it. The key verse is 2 Chronicles 7:14:

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
The first requirement on the path to renewal is to "humble ourselves," to fall on our knees and faces before the Lord in repentant prayer. Over and over the Scriptures teach this. Click here for examples.

Second, our history records it. Our founding fathers sensed the need for a Call2Fall in view of the monumental struggle we were engaged in with Britain. The First Continental Congress called for a day of public humiliation, fasting, and prayer throughout the Colonies on July 20th, 1775 just after war broke out. James Warren wrote Samuel Adams:

Three millions of people on their knees at once, supplicating the aid of Heaven, is a striking circumstance, and a very singular one in America . May the blessings of Heaven follow in answer to our prayers...
In addition, colonial America and the early years of our republic experienced what observers have called Great Awakenings, which began with God's people humbling themselves in repentant prayer and led to others becoming followers of Christ. Click here for more examples from our Founders.

Third, our nation needs it. Ponder the past decade. From 9/11 to war to natural disasters to financial and moral collapse, we are witnessing what happens when a nation turns away from God. In view of the monumental challenges of our times, do we not find ourselves in a similar situation as that of ancient Israel and early America? Consequently, we are sensing the need to return to simple but powerful truths like:

God is sovereign. He is holy and He is love.
We are sinners. We are saved from His severity of His wrath toward sin only by the fierceness of His love in Christ.
When we drift away in disobedience, we experience His discipline. His judgments are just.
The pathway back must begin with:
A humility and brokenness before the Lord.
A desperation to find the face of God.
A heart cry for the mercy of God.
A desire to turn from our sinful ways.
A resolve to return to the ways of God.

2017/7/2 12:24Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you Greg for posting the
information on Call 2 Fall..

2017/7/2 14:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net